Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

photoshop experts

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
whittyscossy
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photoshop experts

Hi all
im sure there was a post on here a little while ago giveing a step by step guide on how to edit the picture so you could see the engine though the bonnet???

if not can any 1 do this??

cheers
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 AM
smudge_lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'd need a photo of the car with the bonnet down, then a photo from the exact same angle with the bonnet open. Best to have used a tripod etc to get the exact same shot.

then you would have to have each photo on a seperate layer in photoshop, the one with the bonnet shut being the one on top.

then there are a couple of ways to do the next part:

1. select the eraser tool, and change the opacity down to something very small, maybe 20. Carefully just go over the bonnet area with the eraser and you will then start to see the photo of bottom layer showing through, ie, the engine bay.

2. if you don't trust yourself to only rub out the bonnet area alone by freehand, then you can use the lasso tool to draw around the bonnet area first.

I haven't attempted this myself yet, but this is how I would do it. Dunno what anyone else would do??
Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

As Smudge says - you will need two photo's to superimpose and then erase as in method 1 - you can't just "rub out" the bonnet on a picture and see whats underneath : the camera only snaps what it can see, it's not an xray machine