Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

thought some in here may be interested in this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
CraigoScott
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default thought some in here may be interested in this...

my post lifted from detailing world of some work i did on a friends focus yesterday:

this morning saw me take a trip to stockport to detail ians car, a very nicely modded focus! quite unique as well, as it has twin exit FRONT exit exhausts, but more on that later!

arrived at 8.55 at the destination and had a chat with the owner of the garage and had a little snoop around his roller that was parked where i was to do the detail!!

ian arrived at 9.15 (late :P) and i set to work straight away, and as the sun was out i could see the swirls already... i knew this was goin to be bad!!

turns out ian had had his car 'diamondbrited' by some local monkeys, which made the car look worse, in his own words!

completely forgot to take a pic of the complete befores, so heres on with the Super snow foam applied by an autobrite foam lance! also just had my pressure washer fixed, and boy does it make a difference! loads of pressure meeans looooooads of foam ;

so then, cleaned the wheels with megs wheel brightner, then rinsed off with pressure washer, then washed using two bucket method with a wash mitt and grit guard using turtlewax shampoo, then clayed with sonus grey with plenty of QD, then dried! ians recently had the sideskirts and rear bumper painted, and when claying these areas, in particular the sideskirts, the paint felt like sandpaper it had that much overspray on them!! took several passes with the clay! the spray job is very poor on these as well...

this is the dirtiest the clay got though, at the bottom of the front doors:

now for the swirl spot, and believe me, it wasnt hard!! under the sunlight the swirls were very bad all over the car, and under the halogens and brinkmann inside not much better!! heres the car after clay just about to be pushed in next to the roller!!

and heres some lovely swirls!! sorry about a few of the pics being blurry, dont kno why that is!

so... on with the polish, first tested megs #80 speed glaze on a megs polishin pad on the rotary, this removed a good % but not good enough, so stepped up and up and up and ended up using megs #83 on a megs burgundy pad on the rotary, this giving me 95% correction and LSP ready finish in one hit, RESULT!!

heres some 50/50s and some afters:

rear lights were swirly as well, so they got corrected:

before:

after:

so with polishing completed, i glazed using megs #7 show car glaze, then sealed using megs #21 sealent, then waxed using p21s. windows were polished with ag glass polish, wheels sealed with poorboys wheel sealent, and tyres dressed with megs endurance. those special exhausts cleaned with wire wool, then metal polsih

before:

after:

before:

after:

so with the oustide done, dusted down and hoovered the inside, then the leather recaros got cleaned and then conditioned, inside windscreen polished (rest tinted). after this ian showed up so we had a chat, then we set about the engine bay, basically just gave it a wipe down with baby wipes as it was pretty clean already!

like a total noob, i completely forgot to take any pics of this stage, so you will have to believe me when i say the seats are gorgeous and the engine bay is very bling bling!!

after that relaxed and snapped a few afters, but my camera must have been playing up, cos these are the best ive got! :

so i think thats it, ian i think was made up with it, and i was very pleased with it as well! thanks again ian! and i want that detailing bay, its perfect!!!

craigo
Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
cos im worth it
On here to much!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top work there fella, very impressed with the results on the focus.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

an interesting read & top quality job
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 PM
AndyKam
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

That looks brilliant mate. Top work.

One question though - what does the clay do?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Tonyt1t
Grey Mk4 Early XR3I

very smart wish i had the money to have the swirl marks sorted on mine damn previous owners
Old 12-05-2007, 04:15 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what the feck! the exhaust is on the front of the car

good job on the tidying up but still, the exhaust