PassionFord FAQs This is a collection of frequently asked questions... "How do I become Gold?" "How do I post pictures?"

focus 1.8 tdci glow plug light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 27-06-2014, 07:50 PM
tabnabtoo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry focus 1.8 tdci glow plug light flashing

Having a problem with my 03 focus. Going to work this morning the glow plug light came on and the engine started missing.Starts ok but clouds of smoke and pinking when given throttle when cold.Its better when warmed up.Drove home at 70 with no smoke that I could see but much worse at lower speeds.Had to go into 2nd gear at 30 as juddering too bad in higher gear.Any ideas guys?? I've already spent £760 on it,so hoping I can fix it myself.Any help much appreciated.
Old 30-06-2014, 10:09 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default focus

need to get fault codes read-anything else is guesswork unless you have sensors lying around you can swap
Old 09-07-2014, 08:14 PM
tabnabtoo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks tony,did reply a week or so ago but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace.
Fitted a new cam sensor which made no difference.Suspected injector problem so fitted 2 recon. ones.The 2 I replaced looked original. If anything it seemed worse.The guy I normally go to came back off holiday[or I would have taken it to him sooner] so managed to get it to him.Turns out it just needed the injectors recoding.He did say that if the cam sensor was faulty it wouldn't have run at all.