Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

JBA Falcon

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:23 PM
HamishJBA
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JBA Falcon

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but thought this would be as good a place as any for advice and information. I own a Kitset JBA Falcon made by Gary Shaw of NZ.

It has Cortina mk.3-mk.5 running gear, including a SOHC 2000 S motor with the Weber carb, and a 4spd mk.5 gearbox. I was wondering whether anyone else had ever owned anything similar and I would be interested to hear any thoughts on maintaining or improving the car. Thanks heaps,

Hamish
Old 17-02-2010, 11:55 AM
pearsbent
Virgin

I did quite a bit of research before I chose these JBA headers. I have heard nothing but good things about JBA quality etc. I am disappointed with them, although it does look like they are well made. I am going to look at some of the Patriot headers again.I agree that it shouldn't be that hard for these companies to make headers that fit. It seems to be a fairly common occurrence on these forums that people have headers of different brands that don't fit.
Old 20-02-2010, 12:38 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe a 5 speed box conversion ?, depends what you want out of the car, you could even go EFI, but a lot of money for what I assume is occasional/low use so not really worth it, just enjoy it as it is, unless there is something particular you are unhappy with ?
tabetha
Old 22-02-2010, 09:15 PM
HamishJBA
Virgin

Actually, I use this car as my daily driver. I really like the existing gearbox, it just slips into gear beautifully, but for economy's sake it would be good to be able to cruise on the motorway at lower revs, so I'd definitely think about a 5spd conversion. I was hoping someone here might be familiar with this pinto series of engine. This one has a modified camshaft and a free flow exhaust, so it goes like stink and sounds awesome, but until the engine gets up to temperature, it has a habit of dying below 2,000 revs. I wondered if anyone might have an idea what could be done about that.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:28 PM
FalconScotland
Virgin

Default JBA Falcon

Hi! All, To find all you want to know about the JBA Falcon in the UK with articles from Oz.

All the Best from Scotland.

www.robbiegibson.co.uk/contents.htm
Old 27-02-2010, 06:18 PM
ALL4SHOW
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

my mate has got the falcon that is known as "the original one" & he has nearly finnished restoring it i will send you his email address when i get it off him so you can have a chat
Old 28-02-2010, 08:22 AM
FalconScotland
Virgin

Originally Posted by ALL4SHOW
my mate has got the falcon that is known as "the original one" & he has nearly finnished restoring it i will send you his email address when i get it off him so you can have a chat
No problem. Look forward to hearing from him. Where does he live?