Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

This months Fast Ford - turbo conversion on a mk6

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2006, 03:23 PM
iwantacosworth
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This months Fast Ford - turbo conversion on a mk6

I have a humble Mk6 Finesse 1.6 16v and according to this months Fast Ford in the modifying guide there are two companys that would turbo my engine - namely Engine Advantages and Prism Motorsport - i know that it isnt worth it , drop a 2.0 in etc but what im interested in is has anyone had any dealings with these companys or can recommend anyone else who could do the job?
Sadly i live in Scotland so the nearer north the better but would travel for the right company!
Cheers.
Old 18-10-2006, 11:38 PM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

Cant AVA do anything like that? there in scotland
Old 19-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

There's loads of people that can do this conversion for you and I'm sure there'll be someone closer.

The thing with Fast Ford is they tend to write about only a few tuners [especially in their problem pages re: Odd Kid creations for nearly every answer! Not that it's a bad thing, I think Jano is a great bloke!] but miss out a lot of capable ones.

Ask in General Discussion on here for people in or nearer scotland

And as for zetec turbo conversions NEITHER of those names above would sprung to mind first! It's be field motorsport or Fiesta Frenzy [Area 6?] that I'd think of as I know they've built amazing ones before!
Old 19-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Paddy

Just because you dont hear my name on here much, due to us having our own forum and members, who would rather avoid posting here.
This does not mean that our company has any less respect when building big power ZT.

The last finished ZT is running close to 400bhp (genuine) on std manifolds
without having to come on here and shout it about.

How about some of the other top (Front Cover) ZT been built by us:-

iwantacosworth
If you want decent info and help please ask.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:39 AM
iwantacosworth
Virgin

thanks for your information boys - appreciated! Oh and jano - could you give me a rough price for how much a rs turbo conversion on my car would cost with power steering ? I had another thread wondering if you could fit p/s to an rs turbo and you had done it but should it wouldnt be the best idea or cost effective and an rs turbo conversion for my existing car with p/s would be better.
Old 20-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Tbh pal, i wouldnt bother after having fitted it to several cars over the years.

Its not really worth it as the Mk3/4 Has light steering compared to many other cars without P/S.

The cost and value for money works out being more than its worth.

Any info you need on conversions etc. Can be found on my site

If you have questions have a read there first as chances are the Q&A's are already there

Regards
Jano
Old 20-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jano_OddKidd
Paddy

Just because you dont hear my name on here much, due to us having our own forum and members, who would rather avoid posting here.
This does not mean that our company has any less respect when building big power ZT.
I wasn't saying anything negative about you at all! I think your work is awesome as I've been blown away by a number of your efi conversions in the past. And having met you a couple of times a few years ago I found you extremely helpful and explained things in a way even I could understand

I was just using you as an example that in Fast Ford magazine, they seem to recommend just a few people when there's lots of other capable people out there [especially closer to Scotland for this chappy].
Old 20-10-2006, 05:14 PM
iwantacosworth
Virgin

Cheers Jano, basically all i want is a ford turbo with power steering that isnt a cosworth but from what i have gathered it just isnt going to be possible or cost effective sadly!I need power steering due to my disability and any cosworth insurance would kill me plus a 2.0 wouldnt be econoical - not that any turbo is!but thanks for the information.Some people have recommended companys such as Prism,AVA,Engine Advantages etc but im onl;y hearing generally neagative things.I normally judge people and companys as i find them but since it is going to cost quite a bit i am reluctant as im sure you understand!Do you have any possible resolutions or advice?!

thanks for taking the time i really appreciate this