FAO tony @ Greenlight

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2008, 09:05 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When Pops re done his on the Saff, it was considerably MORE expensive and he is over 50 ffs!!

When asked why it was because inflation has pushed up premiums...

So went elsewhere and saved £500 per year
Old 30-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Tony is away on holiday.
Old 31-08-2008, 02:24 PM
melzieann
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have taken out my insurance with some 1 else now

shame really
Old 31-08-2008, 02:29 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Who did you go with in the end mate?
Old 31-08-2008, 02:35 PM
gordyshreds
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just another option to flux, try brentacre insurance. imho best i have ever called, good few bunch of guy and know there modified cars and have excellent policys. not sure the number but a google should find it
Old 31-08-2008, 04:21 PM
bigad4x4
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Hiya Si i always found Greenlight very expensive and wouldnt recommend then to anyone look for a classic policy or the rsoc ins
Old 31-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange to hear this - i've been on the phone to Greenlight loads recently as i had a few detailed quotes on weird and wonderful cars and found the staff pleasant and helpful...

It was Neil who finally sorted me out with all the changes i was making to my policy and he was spot on.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:13 PM
melzieann

Originally Posted by James90RS
Who did you go with in the end mate?

got fed up of shopping around tbh

ended up goin with adrian flux, i took out the policy which is identical to greenlights and took out there breakdown service with inc

home start, roadside, recovery, european cover and still worked out less then greenlights quote

so i think they did me a favour being unhelpful
Old 01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Nice one
Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in responding, with the regime change we hadnt received our renewal reminder for the trader account we have with the all new internet brands PF.

Today is my first day back after spending three weeks off with my family within the school holiday (and with Stu's help just prior to my taking time out) and our trade renewal now completed I am able to respond to all unanswered messgaes.

On the Greenlight front back in July 2007 (after some extensive due diligence) we launched a new computer operating system that would be the platform for the future development of Greenlight.

Unfortunately the system did not deliver and it's capabilities turned out to be more of an 'artists impression' rather than useable functions - some 900 bugs and errors later, along with plenty of duress for both management and staff here we chose to source an alternative system.

After due diligence this went live upon 01st June 2008 and can actually cater for what we need in terms of current customer transactions and future planned developments.

The knock on effect of trying to better yourselves to cater for an expanding system is one thing, but try this with broken tools (operating system) for the last for the 11 months from July 2007 - June 2008 which have added roughly 2-3 hours to our working days until we moved on.

Everyone here was impacted by this situation and had taken the strain, which although we did seek recompence with the responsible party who had portrayed what they did not have (and signed a contract based upon this) life was made far harder than it needed to be for the 11 months from July 2007 - June 2008.

Having led the project I took the situation and what it was doing to my staff personally, becoming heavily immersed in resolving the problems were were experiencing and sourcing a replacement system.

When we received recompence from the responsible party this was divided equally between all staff members, which to me was the right thing to do.

As a company we have historically by and large done a decent job, our heart is in the right place and we were founded 13 years ago to cater for performance/modified car enthusiasts based upon myself and my colleagues all being part of this scene (albeit with varying models/marques).

Although this is a negative thread and we appear to have let some of you down, I will do my best to restore faith in those of you that have lost faith and in this regard my door (or PM mailbox) is open to you to resolve any problems that you are still experiencing.

Conversely there are numerous threads demonstrating our positive involvement over the years.

We have experienced all the ensuing growing pains associated with integrating new systems, staff etc. - by and large following transfer away from the disfunctional system things are back to how they should be.

Having been upon Passion Ford for some 6years now and met the people, I am personally extremely fond of (most) of the PF members and due to this had taken on the liaison with Passion Ford as a personal project.

The problem with being the principal partner at Greenlight and trying to effectively manage forums in a front line manner is that the development projects that i've been involved upon are both onerous and ongoing, which coupled with taking time out (3 weeks since July) with my children I haven’t been able to maintain the usual vigil upon Passion Ford.

With this in mind and to ensure we maintain a decent advisory capacity with members I will look to involve further staff members with forum liaison.

It is my intention to fully review all PM's/Posts within threads and to respond both publically and privately to these posts/individuals.

I accept that since July (mainly due to my historic stance of wishing to be personally involved with Passion Ford and not involving other staff to oversee the forum) I have not been able to maintain the forum interaction in the same way as I had previously and I apologize to each and every one of you for this.

If anyone has a pressing issue, has experienced a problem in my absence or would like to discuss anything further simply PM me - as following Stu's help with the trade renewal we now have a decent level of space reinstated within our mailbox again.

Kind regards

Tony Fehily
Senior Partner
Greenlight Insurance
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Just got Nicoles renewal through from Greenlight. Cheaper than anyone else, but more importantly to me, it also has better cover and less sneaky exclusions in the small print.

Be carefull out there folks, price isnt everything but you tend to only find that out when you need to claim.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fair play Tony......
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 PM
melzieann

Tony, thanks for your reply

PM sent