General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fiesta Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 28-08-2009, 02:38 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta Turbo Project

Ive brought my Fezzy T out of retirement after 3 years sat in a garage covered in dust.

Initially it was garaged due to loosing compression on cylinder 1 after the hose from the turdo to actuator came off (i didnt tighten circlips correctly) and it over boosted majorly and then started smoking.... ( i was so pissed off so parked it up).

Had several offers for it over the years even though it was a non runner, due to it being a good one (far from concours but good cond) and having so much history i decided to keep it till a sunny day, that day is today!

Head off and pistons look fine, as do valves? could it have been head gasket which caused this loss of compression?

I am taking it to a garage to have it put together again. He has mentioned sending the head off, i do know its been skimmed a few times before not sure if i want it skimmed again, spose if it needs it?!

Do you think it will need it though?

any tips/help/advice mucho appreciated!!