General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Neigbour just been car jacked!

Search this Thread

Old 24-01-2006, 10:50 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope that clears it up

Old 24-01-2006, 10:51 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

scary crap

who cares about thatcham anyway?
Old 24-01-2006, 10:53 PM
clayton Borg
Part of the Furniture

Am i being thick here, but if the car is still running when you get pulled out of it, then surly the car won't cut out until it has been manually switched off?

If that is the case then they will be well gone.

Am i missing something?

Clay.
Old 24-01-2006, 10:55 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by clayton Borg
Am i missing something?

Clay.
Yes!!!!!! The post on page 1 explaining how the anti-hijack system works!!!
Old 24-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Am i being thick here, but if the car is still running when you get pulled out of it, then surly the car won't cut out until it has been manually switched off?

Am i missing something?

Clay.
If the doors opened the code has to be re-entered.
Old 24-01-2006, 10:57 PM
S2martin

Am i missing something?

Clay.
When you get in the car you put a little combination on a pad then say the door opens and closes you have a set time to put the code in again otherwise 500 yards down the road or when the revs drop to something the blackjax stops the engine and will not restart for 10 mins or something like that even with the right fob or code so the car cannot go anywhere at all..
Old 24-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Greg Shepherd
Chasing Radders

its all about the doors

hope she ok bloody theiving pikey scumbags
Old 24-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some twat once tried dragging me out a customers car when i was working for a tuning place over the summer. Brand new Evo 9 - he'd had it about 2 weeks and brought it up for a remap - i took it out to make sure it was ok and to bed his new suspension in before we set it up - pulled up to some traffic lights and this little chav opened the door and tried dragging me out...

Was all well and good till he assessed the fact that i'm 6ft 4, 20 stone, ex Yorkshire rugby player and do doorwork 4 nights a week

Needless to say - he didn't get the car. He got a good old fashioned kicking.

I'll definitely be getting anti-hijack on my new alarm now tho!
Old 24-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Well Martin, interestingly, it doesnt say that in mine, and mines only 2 days old...

I know what your saying, as they dont "Evaluate" Blackjax as its a feature of the system and not a system in its own right, but the fact is, if your insurance company ask for a catagory 1 alarm, and you fit one of the models listed in Thatchams own catagory one list i have provided, they can say what exactly?
Old 24-01-2006, 11:21 PM
clayton Borg
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by S2martin

Am i missing something?

Clay.
When you get in the car you put a little combination on a pad then say the door opens and closes you have a set time to put the code in again otherwise 500 yards down the road or when the revs drop to something the blackjax stops the engine and will not restart for 10 mins or something like that even with the right fob or code so the car cannot go anywhere at all..
Cheers for that, it makes sence now with explaining about the door.

Is it just the drivers door or any of them?

Clay
Old 24-01-2006, 11:23 PM
clayton Borg
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Big Will 85
Some twat once tried dragging me out a customers car when i was working for a tuning place over the summer. Brand new Evo 9 - he'd had it about 2 weeks and brought it up for a remap - i took it out to make sure it was ok and to bed his new suspension in before we set it up - pulled up to some traffic lights and this little chav opened the door and tried dragging me out...

Was all well and good till he assessed the fact that i'm 6ft 4, 20 stone, ex Yorkshire rugby player and do doorwork 4 nights a week

Doesn't sound like you need Blackjax mate!
Old 24-01-2006, 11:59 PM
S2martin

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Well Martin, interestingly, it doesnt say that in mine, and mines only 2 days old...

I know what your saying, as they dont "Evaluate" Blackjax as its a feature of the system and not a system in its own right, but the fact is, if your insurance company ask for a catagory 1 alarm, and you fit one of the models listed in Thatchams own catagory one list i have provided, they can say what exactly?
I know what you mean as it is a cat 1 alarm so as far as i'm concerned all the bells and whistles are too but knowing how the shitty insurence people work they asked if i had it activated and i said yes so thats when they hit me with the old your alarm is useless ploy so according to them it was disabled (and a reciept from a clifford approved dealer saying they done it for me for peice of mind ) but fuck no i always used it without fail!!!
Old 25-01-2006, 12:05 AM
89xr2
Brap!

What happens with the anti hijack thing if you've already been driving your car and therefore entered your code? like if they drag you out of the car at traffic lights or sommat? Does it have the facility to call the alarm from your mobile to immobilise the car?
Old 25-01-2006, 12:10 AM
clayton Borg
Part of the Furniture

like the chaps have told me, once the door has been opened, the the code has to go in again.
Old 25-01-2006, 12:11 AM
89xr2
Brap!

like the chaps have told me, once the door has been opened, the the code has to go in again.
What if they drag you out the window and get in that way as well?

Edit** I missed the door bit. Wouldnt of posted my question if i knew that. Teach me not to read things properly.
Old 25-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Is that the Megane thats on the right, the one that i like

Lovely car...hope they get it back with no damage, and catch the b@st@rds
Old 25-01-2006, 07:29 AM
THE RS DJ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

This country is falling to bits.
And its getting worse. Thieving Scum
Old 25-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

Hope your neighbour is ok it must of shaken her up quite alot

I think it might be time to invest in a new alarm
Old 25-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Stu @ BSC
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by EIL132
Clifford Blackjax... Overview by Stu.

The system operates as follows.
The car has a 2 button system on the dash that requires you input a personal code (Of your choice) every time you get in the car...

Example:
Disarm, enter car, start engine, enter code, drive away... job done.

If you DONT:
20seconds after driving away the system will warn you by sounding the siren, flashing the ARM led and flashing all the hazzards, that you forgot. If you now key in your code, you carry on as normal. The hazards are to warn vehicles behind that the car may be a hazzard to them.

If you ignore the system, after a period of time, the brake lights start to flash to warn road users the vehicle is stopping and the imobiliser will kick in ONLY after the rpm drops low (Programmed) thus NOT taking the engine away in a 100mph chase.

The imobiliser will stay active and the sirens blaring until you key in the personal pin code directly to the dash. The keyfobs are rendered useless.

All this will have got the losers far enough away from you for your safety to be secured.
Maybe I should change from a Toad alarm then
Hi Mate, No need to change your alarm I sell the Clifford Black jax system as an add on. It will work along side your other system. Without any problems.
Old 25-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Paul - yea it is mate, lovely car!

My road is VERY quiet, it's a culdesack off a culdesack. They most have known what they were after.

I have had anti jack in my car for about 4 years now, top bit of kit. U don't have to go for clifford either, there are cheaper alternatives that are just as good. Remember, it's all in the installation.
Old 25-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Dan B
Advanced PassionFord User

Might have to re-activate BlackJax on mine......disabled it because it was so bloody annoying!
Old 25-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Stu @ BSC

My Dad is even more anxious now! Seems he has every right to be
Old 25-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Rick
Paul - yea it is mate, lovely car!

Hope your neighbour is ok mate, & make sure your car & your dads is all locked up safely, & leave the big lights on all night ove rthe garage.
Old 25-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Stu @ BSC
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Rick
Stu @ BSC

My Dad is even more anxious now! Seems he has every right to be
Hi Rick, Maybe we can arrange a time?
Old 25-01-2006, 11:24 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Even though Stu's explanation was as clear as you like, let me explain exactly how it worked when Rob SCC had it on his Focus and I drove it.

Rob gets in and starts the car from cold, entering the code.

Parks car up outside shop with engine running, gets out of car and shuts door and walks away.

This simulates the "hijack".

I then get in the car, drive off up the road.

An audible beeping is heard which I ignore. I then push brake pedal to stop vehicle at the end of the road, at which point ignition dies, all hell breaks loose re alarm, and I have to phone Rob for code.

Old 25-01-2006, 12:00 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Probably already been mentioned as well but what if someone smashes your window and drags you out then gets in window and burns off does that work?
Old 25-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by 89XR2
Probably already been mentioned as well but what if someone smashes your window and drags you out then gets in window and burns off does that work?
We are being silly now...
A car jacker, at the lights, climbing through the window? really?

Yeah, technically it would work, but he wouldnt get me out of my car without me pulling the door open i assure you, in fact, he would never get me through teh window anyway
Old 25-01-2006, 12:08 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Yeah, technically it would work, but he wouldnt get me out of my car without me pulling the door open i assure you, in fact, he would never get me through the window anyway
I imagine you're quite a big bloke. Opportunist car jackers wouldnt target a big bloke unless theyre stupid. However organised car crime is a different matter. These days most decent cars are stolen to order... and are sussed out before hand. i.e what way you go to work. when you wash your car, what time you get home etc.

I still like the anti hijack systems people developed in south africa. blades that chop their legs off. flames out the side of your car. now thats the way to do it
Old 25-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Originally Posted by Big Will 85

Doesn't sound like you need Blackjax mate!
I might be able to stand my ground in a fist fight - but if he'd pulled a knife or a firearm on me - i would have had to reluctantly hand over the keys.

A car isn't worth dying over.

However - if i could save myself AND the car - then that in my opinion is worth doing
Old 25-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, technically it would work, but he wouldnt get me out of my car without me pulling the door open i assure you, in fact, he would never get me through the window anyway
I imagine you're quite a big bloke. Opportunist car jackers wouldnt target a big bloke unless theyre stupid. However organised car crime is a different matter. These days most decent cars are stolen to order... and are sussed out before hand. i.e what way you go to work. when you wash your car, what time you get home etc.

I still like the anti hijack systems people developed in south africa. blades that chop their legs off. flames out the side of your car. now thats the way to do it
In south africa they used to have a problem with people threatening them with guns at point blank range and then dragging them out and leaving them shaken up and scared on the sidewalk and stealing their cars.

Now, because of fear of getting flamethrowered, they instead have a problem of people shooting you dead from 50 foot away, then drag the corpse out and leave it on the sidewalk and steal the car.

Im not sure that is a big improvement
Old 25-01-2006, 12:14 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by chip-3door

In south africa they used to have a problem with people threatening them with guns at point blank range and then dragging them out and leaving them shaken up and scared on the sidewalk and stealing their cars.

Now, because of fear of getting flamethrowered, they instead have a problem of people shooting you dead from 50 foot away, then drag the corpse out and leave it on the sidewalk and steal the car.

Im not sure that is a big improvement
Very true indeed. The flamethrowers were a good idea though.. however somewhere like SA where people dont really care if they shoot you or not it's probably just better to let them nick your car. Although I think alot of cars these days have bulletproof glass etc.

No matter what security you have on your car if someone really wants to steal it they will..
Old 25-01-2006, 12:16 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I so glad I live in a military base. You get shielded from most of the car crime. You could leave your wallet lying around and all they will steal is the pen off your desk!!

Dockys and contractors are as bad as the rest of society though.

Now seriously worried about parking in a public place when I get my car back.

My Cat 2 alarm and pulling the fuel pump fuse now seems wholey inadequate.
dont beleive it mate,seriously,dont get complacent! i came out to my car (saff cossie) on base (RAF brize norton) to find no wheels (escort cos rims,MINT too!) car dumped on the brake discs and no stereo or lazer detector!
Old 25-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Kop2381
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Old 25-01-2006, 02:18 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I've always felt this is fair justification for tinted windows. A lot of these car hijacking crimes seem quite spur of the moment and targeting towards people travelling on their own and particulary women. I can't help but think that having the right to tint your windows could help here.

I appreciate it's far from fool proof and brings its own issues.
Old 25-01-2006, 02:55 PM
DUDE_SWEET_FRST
Advanced PassionFord User

she should keep the key card in her pocket. then techinically the megane has anti hijacking aswell

as if you get chucked out the car, with the key card in your pocket, once you drive 100meters off, the car wont detect the key, and shut down
Old 25-01-2006, 06:03 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Am i missing something?
Clay.
Also my post about 4 from the top fully explaining anti-hijack was also deleted.

Thought "ok..mods don't want to show potential thieves how it works" (even to they will already know how it works by finding info on internet like I did)...then find that Stu has posted exactly the same info I did: but that's still there. Can someone explain why it was removed: preferably the person that did it. Thanx
Old 25-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

First ive heard of it pal....
Old 25-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by rs shawn
Am i missing something?
Clay.
Also my post about 4 from the top fully explaining anti-hijack was also deleted.

Thought "ok..mods don't want to show potential thieves how it works" (even to they will already know how it works by finding info on internet like I did)...then find that Stu has posted exactly the same info I did: but that's still there. Can someone explain why it was removed: preferably the person that did it. Thanx
Was it this?
Originally Posted by rs shawn
Info I just borrowed from a 'Split 88' system. Never heard of them, but here's their quote on anti hi-jack:

Split includes two different kinds of anti hi jack functions.

The first allows the vehicle to operate via two digit PIN code that the owner must program into the alarm every time he/she gets into the car or if a door is opened while the engine is still running. If the code is not entered the hijack feature will operate and the car will eventually come to a stop. This will also stop a thief from starting your car with stolen keys.

The second is completely automatic and does not need any action by the owner. Providing the owner has the PST transponder (a small black plastic unit similar in size to an After Eight Mint (optional)) on his or her person (this can be hidden in your pocket, handbag, wallet etc) the anti hijack will not operate. With the owner in the vehicle, there is a continuous invisible electronic connection between the PST transponder and the SPLIT 88 for the hijack status not to function. If the owner moves away from the vehicle while the engine is still running the anti hijack will operate and eventually stop the engine from functioning. This will also stop a thief from starting your car with stolen keys providing the owner has kept the PST transponder key separate, should the owner lose or forget the PST key just enter the unique two digit PIN code into the alarm.

So basically: if a thief opens your door and you get out, by not entering the 2 digit pin, the car will stop down the road.
Or if you have the transponder and get out, thief drives off, same result.

???
Old 25-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
dont beleive it mate,seriously,dont get complacent! i came out to my car (saff cossie) on base (RAF brize norton) to find no wheels (escort cos rims,MINT too!) car dumped on the brake discs and no stereo or lazer detector!
Fuckers!!!

Did they get caught???? If so a long spell at Colchester would have taught the gits a lesson.

Quick Reply: Neigbour just been car jacked!