General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PassionFords Future... Everyones Input Welcome....

Search this Thread

Old 13-07-2004, 06:59 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope no real problems here

Only sugestion i would make (probably unpopular )
is to allow non members to sell, just cause they wont/cant pay dont mean they might not have some good stuff for sale.

A year nearly down the line and I recon all the people (excluding new members obv) that r gonna pay have done so, and recon all (except one i think i read) r still willing to pay again, recon most of the above either genuinly cant afford to or just aint gonna no matter what unless u make it a totaly members only site and pretty sure Stu and Pet dont want to ever do that

Mo
Old 13-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Rene
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ill be happy to be paying again mate
Old 13-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im happy with the way things are

But may I suggest you ask people how much they want to donate

Obviously £20 being the minimum amount , but for instance when I donated you didnt give me a chance to say I wanted to donate more
Old 13-07-2004, 07:14 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Will pay again cos it's a good site with no probs.

Some good people on here and have made some good friends.

Dave.
Old 13-07-2004, 07:23 PM
smartrs
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i'm happy with the site if not i would not post here when donations are due again (if there is a set date when there due) i will be donating this time as i'm sure we all understand that web sites do need funding , and i think the most of us have found a home here with many people that are willing to offer there help and advice.
Top job
Old 13-07-2004, 07:28 PM
turbinator
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: PassionFords Future... Everyones Input Welcome....

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
1) Are you happy with it as it is?
2) If youve contributed, will you be doing so again?
3) Any suggestions to raise money other ways?
1) yes ofcourse..
2) if needed yes.. just paid a few weeks ago .. how long does 20 quid last anyway ?
3) PF t-shirts,PF coffee mugs, PF mousepads, PF dvd with all the movies posted, PF miniskirts etc..
Old 13-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Lee @ Fusion

Top job stu and pet , ( and Mods !! )

Happy to contribute , Banner is worth the money also , Think im due to renew in oct ??

Let me know when its time fella !

Old 13-07-2004, 07:36 PM
coRdiS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

brilliant site

pf has got me right back into cossies and now have another, even tho it has the dreaded saffy rot

the topics and people on here are great

you will see my £20 very soon
Old 13-07-2004, 07:59 PM
GaryEvo

no probs from me

as for banner money well spent

keep up the good work
Old 13-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i wasnt sure wether i would contribute agian a while ago, but when i thought about it logically, it made proper sense really, Thanks to the technical help i got on this site i was able to solve a prob on my track car and reackon i saved a lot more than £20 as it would have cost me more than that to get someone to fix. So for techi type probs then the resources available to all here are tops and cant be beat, (thanks to the input of the users,) (plus you have good tuners on here as well, like yourself and Karl etc, who always seem willing to help where possible) which is why i try to help others if i possibly can, and will be alot more involved in the PF and RS meets once my car is running,

So deffo will be contributing again, and besides every ford peep i speak to i send this way as well.

I do have one problem tho, why cant the PF logo be red, cos then it would match the colour scheme of my car
Old 13-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Dead and Gone

having only recently gone "gold" as it were I'd certainly be doing it again!!
Old 13-07-2004, 09:09 PM
magic randy

Originally Posted by zvhturbo
I was under the impression that when you paid for Gold Member ship it was a lifetime subscription?

Although i'd gladly pay for the privalage again.

Perhaps worth charging to advertise your car and/or parts will help raise funds to keep the site going.
Although for example only a £1 charge per post in parts for sale i'm sure most regulars will be more than happy with that for the service, and a online payment scheme will make it very easy.
i like the sound of that!! id pay for a for sale post, id like to contribute but as im a student bum aint got a lot of money so, selling stuff is my best way of cash.
Old 13-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ill gladly CHARGE u £20 for my presence
Old 13-07-2004, 09:48 PM
andy_patrick04
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Im definately interested in paying, the only reason i havent yet is cuz iv only been visiting 4 a few weeks now n im skint til payday!!

Every1 so far has commented on paying 2post in the 4sale section when a lot of non paying members can also sell items by replying 2 posts in the wanted section!!

Just an idea which a lot will disagree with but y not either have all areas of the For sale and wanted area 2 be members only to make it fair for the paying members only to be able to sell at all? OR Charge a small fee for postin in either of the for sale or wanted items such as £1 or £2.

I still like the online auction type idea by *RUDEY* https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61958
Old 13-07-2004, 10:23 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

I'll contribute my £20 again no problems!

A great community spirit on here
Old 13-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Greg Shepherd
Chasing Radders

im happy as it is Stu
my £20 will be winging its way to you when we need to contribute
Old 13-07-2004, 11:16 PM
greyrs
Virgin

i think that this site is great mate and i would love to contribute. how about selling passion ford stickers orkeyrings or something or giving stickers to those who contribute as an incentive.
i will be at ford fair (coming all the way from jersey) see you all there!
Old 14-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

I'll be chucking in my 20 quid or +/-$37 (depending on the exchange rate ) I've Met great friends, had great conversations, and arguments along with some really funny as hell bantar! (deano, your still gay) So yeah, this is my home away from home!

Originally Posted by greyrs
i will be at ford fair (coming all the way from jersey) see you all there!
I won't be at Ford Fair, but will Be at Nat Day, and I'm coming from Jersey Too!!!, New Jersey in the US!
Old 14-07-2004, 12:40 AM
digita1dragon

I think its fine the way it is to be honest! ill be contributing £20 when i get round to it! well worth it IMO if it keeps the site afloat!
good work pet, stu and the mods!
Old 14-07-2004, 02:24 AM
datar18

well as im a poor jobless bum at the mo i cant afford to be contributing towards the site yet but as soon as the dollar situation is all sorted my score will be well on its way to whoever it needs to go to!!

top notch site, well done to stu and pet and all the mods, a job well done all of ya should be proud of yourselves and what you do

i personally dont think that anythign should change on here fellas
Old 14-07-2004, 06:11 AM
nthorpey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Basically:
1) Are you happy with it as it is?

YES

2) If youve contributed, will you be doing so again?

YES

3) Any suggestions to raise money other ways?

Maybe group trackdays,local shows, merchandise and also have a donation account that if anyone feels generous they can put a bit of money
Old 14-07-2004, 06:36 AM
danvisteon

I think this forum is a breath of fresh air compared to most and is not as elitist as the rival bb, i willingly pay my £20 coz it is nice to know i am doing my bit to keep this social gathering alive, i admit i would love to see a passion ford show coz there is certainly enough interest for it,
Keep up the good work mods, and let's keep this thing going
Old 14-07-2004, 06:47 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i think that it is a shame that individuals are having to contribute towards the running of the board. the stats surely show the popularity of the board, and it is my belief that this popularity should be able to generate enough revenue through advertising.

if this is definately not viable, then it is very commendable that the users of the board like it so much that they are willing to pay out of their own pockets. but i would like to know that the marketing has been properly done before i pay a contribution. who can do this marketing? that's a good question.

if it came down to it again, and the board was going to go under unless everyone contributed, personally i still would not. yes, it is a fantastic board, and i love coming on here. but it wouldn't be the end of my world if it went down. sorry to say it, but it's not the most important thing in my life. i cannot justify spending money on an internet site, whether it be passionford or passionslutswrestlinginchocolate. there is enough free content on the net to keep me amused if i want to spend some time on it. otherwise, i've got plenty of other things to do.

it seems to me that some people who have paid are quick to post and show their 'gold status' to those that haven't. it's like a chav's great big gold chain worn outside the t-shirt

to answer the questions:

1) yes. it sounds cynical, but as long as i can use the majority of board without paying then i am happy.

2) see above

3) i have made a few suggestions on the other posts: trackdays, merchandise, collection bucket at events, advertising, summer BBQ, Xmas dinner.
Old 14-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

andy_patrick04,
Just an idea which a lot will disagree with but y not either have all areas of the For sale and wanted area 2 be members only to make it fair for the paying members only to be able to sell at all?
Ok, I agree with this so may make the wanted section postable by all, but only a gold member can "Reply" to it. Unless we have any objections?

greyrs,
i think that this site is great mate and i would love to contribute. how about selling passion ford stickers orkeyrings or something or giving stickers to those who contribute as an incentive.
This can definately be arranged. We will soon have a PassionFord Merchandise shop, its still uner construction and will be run by our very own "Nuts Rus"

RichardPON,
I'd pay £20 to use the technical essays forum alone!
Thats a good point actually... Perhaps that room should be "Stocked up" and it made a "Gold Member privaledge"? Any suggestions or feedback on that idea?

BlueSmoke,
Well on the other topic Phil had said he'd do the content stuff if you'd let him Stu. That would be good. I'm out of fresh money making ideas at the moment though! Will keep trying to come up with stuff!
Il certainly be discussing this concept with Phil. And many thanks for all your much appreciated help so far Pal.

brad,
gotta say i was getting a little pissed off with all the bickering and arguments from some of the supposedly "top tuners" its fookin pathetic and maybee someone should look into that side of things while the sites in discussion
I surprised more people havent entioned this mate, i really am. This WILL be dealt with from now on as i am also sick of it, and i also admit im no angel myself when it comes to arguing with folk at times..

soulweavers,
On site I am administrator:

First all posts over 90 days are delete.
Second donations asked for, no amount too small.
A few have suggested deleting old posts but ive yet to see the benefit to anyone in doing so? Can you enlighten me with youre ideas as an administrator please?

Donations were considered but i personally thought that may have caused friction between the folk who paid lots and the folk who only wanted to donate, say £1. I dont know really... its tricky. I also have to keep track of how much goes into administration / paperwork / credit card surcharges etc and know whats left to put towards hosting, ands with a set amount thats easy, its approx £15 of the £20....

redcossie,
top site but sorry got no money,,,,,,,,
Hopefully that wont stop you enjoying the forum at all if we all run things properly mate (Hence this discussion). Welcome to PF, great to have you here.

PhilM,
Seems to be quiet political here these days, as someone else pointed out on another thread (i forget who)....seems to be less and less decent technical discussion to read on here by all people.
Im not sure what you mean by political Phil, but its getting a bit tense and i aim to chill it out again over the next few weeks.. The prob with technical discussion is theres only so many subjects people want to debate and if you search the last year, most have been covered nicely... but feel free to start a topic and enter discussion mate, it doesnt happen on its own.

PhilM,
I donated this time last year and am glad I did, but I dont think I will be again.
No one has any problem with that Phil but let me take this opportunity to thank you for your help so far.

In fact, thank you ALL for any help you have given, financial or otherwise.

Eagle,
ok ...one problem ... but ... there are not enough moderators online sometimes.... but thats about it ...
I may have to address that one in the near future actually Pete...

The Rapid 1,
Only sugestion i would make (probably unpopular )
is to allow non members to sell, just cause they wont/cant pay dont mean they might not have some good stuff for sale.
I believe if i did that then not enough would contribute this coming year for PF to continue financially Steve.. i honestly believe that people need an incentive, but again, this post is all about discussing further solutions tro that problem as i am also 100% certain you are correct in your assumptions.

Deano,
Obviously £20 being the minimum amount , but for instance when I donated you didnt give me a chance to say I wanted to donate more
This was addressed briefly earlier, but if you want to have an "Additional User" credit card sent to me on your account, i will happily utilise it on my holiday in Toulon this year Deano. Top Top Man!!

turbinator,
2) if needed yes.. just paid a few weeks ago .. how long does 20 quid last anyway ?
3) PF t-shirts,PF coffee mugs, PF mousepads, PF dvd with all the movies posted, PF miniskirts etc..

Hi,
Everyone who contributed should have recieved an invoice from me. The date on the invoice is your starting date and the contribution is towards one years hosting of PF. So i guess 1 year from the invoice date we would appreciate your help again.

T-shirts etc etc are all available now but so far have been a cost covering only excersize by Tony, who has gone way way above the call of duty in the amount of time and effort he has devoted to passionFord, the man truly is a STAR. Il make enquiries as to when the shops opening and see if we can keep you all informed.

Gra,
I do have one problem tho, why cant the PF logo be red, cos then it would match the colour scheme of my car
Because Ford's native colour is Blue
But seriously, im sure someone like Pet can make a Red logo for this very reason if people really want it Thanks for the other kind words Gra, appreciated. :

Phew... that was a mission at this time of morning.. keep it up guys, your help is valuable in keeping us at the top and GROWING!!
Old 14-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu & Pet

Ya website is fooking superb chaps

I can't say that I can think of anything ya need to change!!

All I can say though is thanks for letting us use your name for our club night meets cos they are now fooking HUGE and growing all the time and everyone enjoys emselves cheers!!

Top site and keep up the good work

x x x
Old 14-07-2004, 07:59 AM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can i ask what you actually get for 20 quid?
Old 14-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

A Really warm glow inside and a feeling of having made it all possible
Old 14-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

A more usefull answer is here in the stickies

https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45390

In a nutshell, here is a copy of one of teh posts:

Gold Membership:
As most of you know, PassionFord is professionally hosted and is hosted on a package with unlimited potential to do what we do best... to grow!! We have a 20MBPS line and a dedicated server, so performance is never an issue!!

However, That hosting is very expensive and has been subsidised by our very generous "Gold Members" and as a result, a contributors benefit scheme is now in place.

Contributors benefits are as follows:

1) "Gold Member" logo under your username to show you have contributed to PassionFords future. (If you want one)

2) 100% access to Adult and games forums.

3) The ability to POST items for sale in the following sales forums.
Ford RS Cosworth parts for sale
Ford RS Turbo parts for sale
Ford Rs Parts For Sale (Not cosworth, or Cvh Turbo)
Ford XR Parts for sale
Ford Non RS / XR parts for sale
Non Ford parts & other stuff for sale
Alloy wheels for sale
I.C.E For sale

4) Some of the Group buys, and some of the raffles etc, will be contributors only.

5) Adult rooms are for contributors only.

6) Games room is for Contributors only.

7) Major changes to PF may be discussed in the contributors room so you can have YOUR input on things.

8) Future features may be for contributors only.

9) Larger discount with our club insurance scheme.(12.5%)

A list of current contributors that have given their £20 is always publically available here in usergroups: https://passionford.com/forum/groupcp.php

If you feel you would like to Contribute £20 to PassionFord and become a Gold member for 1year, i find contributions with credit card are easiest.

This can be done via telephone, Pm or E-Mail if your ok with that:
If Mail or PM, don’t forget to include your:
Username
Real name
Address
Tel no
Credit/debit card number
Exp date
Valid from date
last 4 digits of number on back of card too

Or by calling me on 01253 508400 which is more secure obviously!!

Cheques, BACS and cash are of course fine too.
If cheque/cash is your preffered method, please send to:

Motorsport Developments.
Unit 3F, Moor Park Ind Est
Kincraig Road
Bispham
Blackpool
Lancs
FY2 0HF

Cheques should be made payable to "Motorsport Developments please

Id like to stress that contributions are NOT mandatory, but are gratefully received as PassionFord is not cheap to run.. Its become a victim of its own success im afraid folks! But hey, that must be a good thing No?
Hope that helps.
Old 14-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Rene
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A Really warm glow inside and a feeling of having made it all possible
sums it all up
Old 14-07-2004, 08:55 AM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Absolutly top site and I am happy to help out as some of the info I get from here has helped me out and some has just had me PMSL and its not just cossie or RS oriantated cheers to all involved with this top site
Old 14-07-2004, 09:58 AM
cossy abuser
PassionFord Post Troll

seems fine to me and will be contributing again
Old 14-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Ian2wdsaffcos

1. Yes I'm happy
2. Possibly, not sure at the moment as I don't own a Ford now
3. Nope
Old 14-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

New features folks:
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=897502
Old 14-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Old 14-07-2004, 01:26 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Nout to change in my opinion, will get £20 out as soon as I get my lazy arse round to it.

Truly adictive and helpful site, well laid out, my only problem is that I never seem to get any work done as I'm always poping on here!!

£20, that's cheap, cost alot more to advertise in the trader and with less directed viewers and less personal sales, at least people can view various shots of motors, parts, etc and ask the seller questions and get info, also see the amount of interest generated in a particular item (instead of the "got someone else looking at it in an hour mate, dead keen" line or the "someones on the phone offering me full asking price without seeing it..." bollocks).

I say keep up the good work, be alot of lost and bored people if this site ended, me included.

Top job

Old 14-07-2004, 01:56 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Happy the way it is, and will contribute again
Old 14-07-2004, 02:31 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Stu, was just thinking, maybe a £10 silver membership scheme for those who don't want to shell out £20? Not really thought about what features you could offer with this, just trying to come up with alternatives.
Old 14-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by BlueSmoke
Stu, was just thinking, maybe a £10 silver membership scheme for those who don't want to shell out £20? Not really thought about what features you could offer with this, just trying to come up with alternatives.
Its definately a possibility but i fear it would lead to 3 tiers instead of the 2 we are fighting to avoid now...
Old 14-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Stu have never come across the the two tiers as everyone on here is sound (except the odd 5 percent but thats life)
Old 14-07-2004, 09:55 PM
zoso11

wen i get paid il deffo be contributing, ive learnt alot form peeps on here, and would like to give something back..

But as a suggestion id say a donation facility like photobucket has for example,the free choice 2 give wateva u want wen u want..

Quick Reply: PassionFords Future... Everyones Input Welcome....