General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Passionford at the Nürburgring 24h

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2005, 10:08 AM
ON-UJAH
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passionford at the Nürburgring 24h

After reading the stats and seeing how popular the site is, it kind of got me thinking...

Usind Google Adsense an advert could be placed somewhere on the site...nothing too blatant, just a small quare of advertising.

Everyone clicks the ad now and again, and generally spreads the word at the meetings for others to join in.

With the amount of visitors, the site could easily generate upwards of 10,000 pounds a month (that is no over exaggeration!!)

This money could be put towards PF entering the Nürburgring 24h race.

Logistically it would be possible as I have lots of good contacts in the area.

Pf traders could all benefit on an equal level, where they can - building up the car.

Obviously there are a few people on here who can drive very well, and I'm sure the money would stretch to a big name driver as well.

Of course if successful the project could go on from year to year - if not the ads can be removed as quickly as they can be set up.

Good advertising for the forum, good fun for all traders and anyone wanting to get involved, and good for the UK image that a community of petrolheads can pull something like this off.

Discuss.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:07 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

very good idea ON-UJ.

however, if advertising is possible / and / or wanted, then why do we need the 'gold members' system of funding this website?

if this was going to happen, i would also suggest that it's trialled for a smaller event first, and probably something in the uk as more people would have access to it to support it.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

basic "click through" advertising pays VERY little money.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Originally Posted by chip-3door
basic "click through" advertising pays VERY little money.
I agree with Chip, you get something like 2 pence per click and 0.1 pence per view, off the top of my head anyway!
Old 18-11-2005, 11:59 AM
ON-UJAH
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If you do the maths, you'll see that the potential is there to make enough money that the project is viable. All money raised will be going to the traders in building up a PF car.

If it doesn't bring in the money required, the ads can be removed - all it is is a few lines of Javascript.

Surely it's worth a go? Everything you'd need to accomplish the task is here within the forum and it's members.