General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: WHATS NEXT ?
2WD
61.76%
4X4
38.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What should i do next?????? 2wd 4x4 or fwd ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by gurnE
Originally Posted by wimwerf
Hey GurnE,

now you are talking shit about a 2wd you can't beat in the dry. and a 4wd drives like a gay...bla bla bla. you can trash a 2wd only when it's dry...now I call that gay. when it's raining a 2wd drives like a gay. the car is all over the place then except the right direction.

the 2wd cossies are most of the time nice weather cars....that's gay. a 4wd cossie is a better car then. you can trash it allmost every weather except in the snow.

try to trash a 2wd in the rain and look who's faster....loser

sorry to know you have no respect to the 4wd cossies
Anyone who drives a car fast enough on a wet public road to need 4x4 is a complete prick. Full stop.

You have no where near the mechanical grip you have in the dry so to try and drive fast is just fuckin stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I drive fast on the road but only when I'm not in built up areas, when there is no traffic around AND NOT WHEN THE ROAD IS WET.

Try to thrash a car in the rain (whether 2 or 4wd)?

No thanks, I'm not that much of a prick
No, but you used to overtake cars in the 'gutter' of the motorway of speeds well over 100mph on the bike
Old 07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Originally Posted by gurnE
Originally Posted by wimwerf
Hey GurnE,

now you are talking shit about a 2wd you can't beat in the dry. and a 4wd drives like a gay...bla bla bla. you can trash a 2wd only when it's dry...now I call that gay. when it's raining a 2wd drives like a gay. the car is all over the place then except the right direction.

the 2wd cossies are most of the time nice weather cars....that's gay. a 4wd cossie is a better car then. you can trash it allmost every weather except in the snow.

try to trash a 2wd in the rain and look who's faster....loser

sorry to know you have no respect to the 4wd cossies
Anyone who drives a car fast enough on a wet public road to need 4x4 is a complete prick. Full stop.

You have no where near the mechanical grip you have in the dry so to try and drive fast is just fuckin stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I drive fast on the road but only when I'm not in built up areas, when there is no traffic around AND NOT WHEN THE ROAD IS WET.

Try to thrash a car in the rain (whether 2 or 4wd)?

No thanks, I'm not that much of a prick
No, but you used to overtake cars in the 'gutter' of the motorway of speeds well over 100mph on the bike

Yea, but it was dry

Seriously, yes, I have been guilty of some pretty stupid things in my time both in cars and bikes.

Thankfully I learnt from my actions and they never had any serious repercussions.

I'm certainly no angel but I have certainly changed my attitude over the years when it comes to exposing others to my stupidity.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Agree Gurn. Me changing my actions is another reason i aint gone down the 2 wheeled route
Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thrashing a car in the wet, or caning down b roads, the 2 things people will 4x4s go on about when they trying to show how vastly superior they are on the road, are both incredibly stupid n dangerous...

and i drive like a fookin irrisponsible dick, so thas meanin somthing for me to say that

dont get me wrong, 4x4s do have a lot of advantages (tho i dont like em), but the 2 road examples people always give are irrelavent unless your a total cock end IMO.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:22 AM
wimwerf
PassionFord Post Troll

Hey GurnE,

the only point I'm trying to say here is that a lot of people keep saying 4wd cars are gay. and you and I know these cars are fun on it's own way.

and I'm not stupid enough to trash my cossie in the wet. that I agree with you.
I guess you know also from a lot of 2wd cossie owners who a telling a 2wd is more fun, that the most of these guy's can't control a 2wd properly when the ass of the car breaks out.

mike rainbird had a 2wd with 500+bhp and is now driving a escos.

so I guess a 4wd must be fun also. but in differend way as 2wd.

no hard feelings gurnE

best regards
Old 08-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2wd IS more fun though .

4x4 IS faster on track (above a certain power).

Once you get over 400bhp, 4x4 is faster in all conditions - FACT. At around 300bhp, rwd will be faster than 4x4, as traction is not an issue and can be tamed with good suspension and tyres. Above 400bhp, then without the aid of slicks, it is impossible to tame a 2wd Cossie's side-ways antics.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:28 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

driving to the limits of grip on the public road is the same imo, be it wet or dry.

but we all do it sometimes. it just depends where you do it that determines how dangerous to yourself and other people that you are.

i will go sideways around a corner on a public road if i can see that there's nothing coming the other way. i risk my car and my body, and i can accept that if i get it wrong i will get hurt and the car will be wrecked. it wouldn't be the first time.

there's been a few times though when going to overtake people the back has stepped out with the change of direction combined with the acceleration. that surprised me a little and i didn't mean to do it. i think it surprised the other driver to when i was facing their side door and had to give it a load of opposite lock to straighten up and blast past them.

you talk about 4x4 being safer than 2wd. i'm not convinced. if you're driving at the limit, you'll probably be going faster in the 4x4 and in my experience you can loose a 4x4 either by understeer or oversteer and you don't necessarily know which will happen. at least in the rwd, you know that the back will not step out unless provoked, so if you're unsure about the level of grip you should just leave the lead boots at home.

most of the time, it's not the car's fault that a crashed occurred, it was the driver doing something that they shouldn't (i would say stupid, but it's not necessarily purposely stupid). inexperience with the power/ drive configuration is a major contributor in the case of most rwd cossies, and certainly seems to be in this sad case.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:21 AM
AlexD
Post Miester !

I dont care if a cossie is 4x4 or 2wd TBH they are both great cars !, I just think 4x4 is safer and gives a bit more grip round roundabouts and corners etc.... but it just does not have the fun factor of 2wd Arse out action we all love !!

Al...
Old 08-07-2004, 11:07 AM
wimwerf
PassionFord Post Troll

thanks alexd for your fair answer.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
can u believe i walked away unhurt with a small cut