General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fiesta mk 3 1.6 CVH

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 12:14 PM
feckin_crazy_mate
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk 3 1.6 CVH

Hi ppl,

Once again, here I am, I still have a Mk4 1.3 Fiesta Finnese and was gonna do some serious modifications to the engine.......

But one guy on here just said its easier to just buy a Turbo. Anyway I have got my hands on a fiesta mk 3 1.6CVH, apparantly its got a boost valve, full sespension, chipped, bored out etc etc. I will got the full spec tomorrow and post it.

My plan is probably take the engine out and put it into my fiesta, is there any issues I should be aware of like if it wont go straight in, or handling issues?

Also I am a bit suspicious about buying it as I could offer him £700 and he would take it, interior is mint, exterior is good apart from one wing with a bit of rust(also hes got 2000 worth of receipts).......Do you no of anything I should look for when looking at the engine, like small things that may cause big problems, or stuff that will make the engine shite in the near future?

If anyone could help me out, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Dan
Old 07-10-2005, 12:18 PM
AndyBlackFRST
Advanced PassionFord User

Doesn't sound like a turbo engine.. got a 'power boost valve' which is a replacement for the standard fuel regulator.

Get confirmation it is a turbo engine
Old 07-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Stealth Bomber
PassionFord Post Troll

If the engine is quiet and it doesn't smoke then you're probably ok. If not then walk, there must be a million cheap Fiestas available for around or under that price.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
motherhupit
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Main thing check how the engine idle's u can tell a lot about the state of it by how its idles if it been tuned a lot (camshaft head work ect) expect a worse more lumpy idle but if i hasn't and idles badly it probally wanked or the injection system needs looking at.

Bored out engines can loose a bit of realiabily so try and see if its been done propelly see if its had a 0.5mm rebore or a 0.9mm rebore since the 0.9mm can be unrealiable, go for a test drive and check the engine under load in higher gears, most engines will go well in higher reves even if there totaled so try and check the drivability and pull / torque of the engine.

If it smokes a bit when worming up it's probally just the stem seals with is a easy job, but if it smokes a lot when warn the rings could be worn, but only if its blackish blueish smoke, white smoke should be ok when u start putting some milleage on the engine. check oil, and obvious things. the CVH is pretty realiable if treated right, but don't take anything at face value if it been moddified.

GOOD LUCK
Old 07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
feckin_crazy_mate
Virgin

Cheer mate thats really helpful, I will post the full spec tomorrow and any other things I come accross.

Anyway nice one mate,

Dan