General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bad biker smash*quite horrifying*

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 29-09-2005, 08:01 AM
DazS1Turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
Originally Posted by rsjp
Originally Posted by gurnE
Originally Posted by abdr500
i hate bike riders they should ban bikers full stop ther to much danger to others
You cock
agree cock
agree cock
Cock Master
Old 29-09-2005, 08:07 AM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

I aint gonna look at them photos, an 18 year old lad off my street died on Saturday after going into the side of a transit van on his bike 3 weeks ago....

So a little too close to home for me...Needless to say my mum aint happy about the thought of me getting a bike, and reading this thread in a way I see why
Old 29-09-2005, 08:17 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Feel sorry for the people in the car and the families of all involved, not nice for them to live with.

I get sick of the riders who cut down between lanes, over take you at speed and then drop down to the speed limit right in front of you. Perhaps a biker can explain the thinking behind this.

As a road cyclist I see a lot of bad driving but the stuff I experience doesnt occur to most motorcyclists. E.g getting over taken and then cut off, over taken only to pull in, in to a drive way in front.

I would be interested to see statistics of how many motorbike accidents are car drivers fault and how many are bikes fault if any one has access to them?
Old 29-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Joris_FRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why is the golf's airbag out ?

front end is not damaged, sideways shock shouldn't have triggered the airbag,

i smell bullshit.
Old 29-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well they've already exagerated the speed (even a race tuned version of that bike couldn't reach 155mph ). Given the integrity of the bike, I would say that that happened at no more than 110mph...

Even this didn't happen at 155mph....

(Exact same side impact with a car, but the front end and and at an estimated 100 - 120mph according to police).
Old 29-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Liam
Virgin

Originally Posted by saff_cossie
I get sick of the riders who cut down between lanes, over take you at speed and then drop down to the speed limit right in front of you. Perhaps a biker can explain the thinking behind this.
Because we can, it’s called filtering and is not a road traffic offence.
why people make such an issue of bikes filtering is beyond me, all we want to do is get to our destination, when a bike filters past you that’s usually the last you'll see of him and bikes filtering do not add to your journey time. The stories i could tell you about the idiocy of car drivers would make you wonder why i continue to ride

I would be interested to see statistics of how many motorbike accidents are car drivers fault and how many are bikes fault if any one has access to them?
You’ll need to put these into different categories here.
Bikes Accidents involving Cars and Bikes Accidents not involving Cars.
Accidents not involving Cars will normally happen on the country roads, where we normally open the bike up and have a good ole thrash. police will turn a blind eye to this to an extent as long we obey the speed limit in the villages.

Accidents involving Cars. The majority of these believe it or not are down to the car driver, yes it may be difficult for your superiority (i own the road coz i'm have a car) complex to accept but it is. Usually the excuse is "i didn't see you" and yes that’s because you were (a) too busy on the mobile phone (b) didn't bother your arse to check your blind spot. for example, a few weeks back a driver saw me coming up the road and she was sitting at a junction, i was not speeding but i wasn't going slow either. the closer I got the more i thought "yea it safe, she's not going to cut across the front of me" only when I was able to see the whites of her eyes did she then decide to go, right out across me and i had to apply the brakes heavily while sounding the horn, did i get a wave of apology? Did i fuck all the stupid boot did was look at me like i was in the wrong several times this has happened to me.
Old 29-09-2005, 08:40 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

do those against bikes think that 'the accident' shown would have been less severe if it was car on car?
Old 29-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Liam
Virgin

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Well they've already exagerated the speed (even a race tuned version of that bike couldn't reach 155mph ). Given the integrity of the bike, I would say that that happened at no more than 110mph...

Even this didn't happen at 155mph....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...i-100_1122.jpg

(Exact same side impact with a car, but the front end and and at an estimated 100 - 120mph according to police).
i have a GSXR 600 K4, the book says it'll top out at 155, i have had the bike at 165 and it will do 170 no problem. from those pics, how can you tell the bike is not tuned??
Old 29-09-2005, 08:51 AM
jasonp
Advanced PassionFord User

Id like to no how they got the dead people out inside with the car completely intact and didnt even have to move the bike.
Old 29-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Liam,
I am a biker .

1. Even RACE tuned VFR400s can't hit 155mph . You need 100bhp to do that on a bike A tuned VFR400 would be lucky to make 75bhp .
2. 155 is a true speed. 165 is your speedo .
Old 29-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Liam
Virgin

Originally Posted by jasonp
Id like to no how they got the dead people out inside with the car completely intact and didnt even have to move the bike.
The accident is real, the actual vehicles are not. its a copy of it. what did you think? you wouldn't expect them to leave the dead bodies, blood and gore and then show it at an exhibition

Liam,
I am a biker .

1. Even RACE tuned VFR400s can't hit 155mph . You need 100bhp to do that on a bike A tuned VFR400 would be lucky to make 75bhp .
2. 155 is a true speed. 165 is your speedo .
so what your saying is my speedo is massively inaccurate? inaccurate maybe, but not that much
Old 29-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Joris_FRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh yes, massively on bikes, even more then massively
Old 29-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Liam
Virgin

Originally Posted by Joris_FRST
oh yes, massively on bikes, even more then massively
the manufactures wouldn't be allowed to sell them then if they were that inaccurate, riders would have a case in court with regards to speeding "the speedo said........."
Old 29-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Liam,
You obviously don't read much . Bike speedos are wildly inaccurate and have been for a LOT of years, all you have to do is read any full test of a bike in any magazine to find out by how much . However, you will find that they always OVER read, so how will they get in trouble with the law, when they thought they were doing 80mph, they were only doing just over 70 ?
Old 29-09-2005, 09:10 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What a load of bollocks . That is an NC30 AKA a VFR400 and it's top speed is 140mph (55bhp standard) . You can tell by the tail unit and rear wheel .
Thats an RC30 seat unit, and thats a very expensive Dymag rear wheel, as commonly found on VFR750R RC30

Seeing as I've ridden a few RC30 and more than 50 NC30s I think I know the difference.

Perhaps your blonde fop was obscuring your vision
Old 29-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What a load of bollocks . That is an NC30 AKA a VFR400 and it's top speed is 140mph (55bhp standard) . You can tell by the tail unit and rear wheel .
WRONG 3 spoke rear wheel on a vfr400 ish dont think so
Old 29-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Liam
Virgin

Liam,
You obviously don't read much . Bike speedos are wildly inaccurate and have been for a LOT of years, all you have to do is read any full test of a bike in any magazine to find out by how much . However, you will find that they always OVER read, so how will they get in trouble with the law, when they thought they were doing 80mph, they were only doing just over 70 ?
aye ok, jog on. tbh i cant be arsed arguing about something so stupid. keep telling yourself "i'm always right" and you'll make it through life just fine

***back on topic***
terrible accident, both drivers were at fault. biker was riding at stupid speeds and the driver clearly didn't look long enough to see that the biker was closing in on his posistion rather quickly.
Old 29-09-2005, 09:49 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.ugoto.com/videos/bikers-c...olice-car.html

More evidence of evil car drivers maiming poor motorcyclists
you absolute tit, the biker was pulling wheelies up the road flat out, so who,s to blame.
Old 29-09-2005, 09:52 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sean forsyth
http://www.ugoto.com/videos/bikers-c...olice-car.html

More evidence of evil car drivers maiming poor motorcyclists
you absolute tit, the biker was pulling wheelies up the road flat out, so who,s to blame.
I propose you are the tit for not picking up a strong sarcasm vibe

T'is funny watching the bikers kick fook out the police car and make him breathalise himself tho
Old 29-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

GurnE,
Well, I just can't believe anyone would be so stupid as to bastardise an RC30 by spraying it in those colours, whereas the NC30 was available from the factory in those colours . Concede the wheels , but if you look at any NC30 site, you will see loads of these Castrol replicas with the single seat humps . I almost bought one, as I love RC30s, but felt an NC was just as good for what I wanted.

I also can't imagine anyone bastardising a genuine RC30 tail unit with those stupid little indicators. That would be the sort of chavvie thing an NC30 owning 22 year old would do .

Also, who buys an RC30 as their first bike ?
Old 29-09-2005, 10:03 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think they're rear reflectors and I may be wrong I don't think I've seen a copy NC30 single seat unit with the two sunken 'furrows' (for want of a better word) on top.

And the NC30 was never offered in Castol Colours from Honda, they will all be repaints.

Should have bought the RC, they do not compare to the NC

And I'd have bought one for my first bike if daddy wasn't such a fookin' pauper
Old 29-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I think you can...

http://www.importmc.com.au/bikes/nc30/
Old 29-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

GurnE,
I'm a 2-stoke man at heart and so lust after an RG"V"500 (RG500 engine in RGV250 frame). I rode an RVF400 and it just felt a bit anemic for my liking, so knocked that on the head. I still think that the V4 Hondas are some of the most beautiful bikes built 400s and 750s alike .
Old 29-09-2005, 10:26 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The dealer is painting them mate.

They import bikes from Japan, the ones with scruffy panels get painted in a flashy race paint.

I spent 4 years working for Bike Direct, owned by BAT Motorcycles, we paint em any colour you wanted!

Deffo never an offical Honda colour

I love two-stroke myself, was gutted when the Bimota V-Due failed.
They'll never do that again, not that strokers aren't in Moto GP
Old 29-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Well I still don't think it's an RC30 , even more so now that you're saying they might be stick on reflectors .

NC30 = one of coolest bikes of all time .

What made you get a Firestorm instead of an RC51?
Old 29-09-2005, 10:34 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well I still don't think it's an RC30 , even more so now that you're saying they might be stick on reflectors .

NC30 = one of coolest bikes of all time .

What made you get a Firestorm instead of an RC51?
2 grand

I'll get another R1 once my finances have recovered from cossie ownership
Old 29-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Good reason .

I'm not a fan of the four cylinder bikes, not because they are incapable, it would just REALLY piss me off that each year the bikes are DRASTICALLY improved on the previous model, and I would be well gutted that my "new" bike was now shit in comparison (like the Scooby and Evos, we'll soon be on STi23 Evo197 ).

I like the Aprillia RSV-R, RC51 etc, where at least the bike stays in production for a reasonable period before they change it. I REALLY like the new Duke 990 , something different from the norm. I suppose that's why I'm a Cossie owner .

Post some pictures of your 'storm up then .
Old 29-09-2005, 10:55 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Post some pictures of your 'storm up then .

I did have some nasty ART cans and an aftermarket lower fairing when I got it.

Binned those, added the full Akrapovic system and Ohlins rear shock

Will slot a set of Blade forks in over the winter.

Only cost me two and half grand (Plus Ł1500 for exhaust and shock )

Will keep it as a cheap hack and next year hopefully get another R1 or maybe a GSXR1000
Yes, they change those models every two years but they are so awesome to begin with, just because it's not the latest model, doen't stop it being fookin ace in it's own right

Old 29-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Nice, but the "wave" discs are and what's going on with the Cagiva Mito rear end .

So what you're saying is, you could have had an SP1 .
Old 29-09-2005, 11:43 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So what you're saying is, you could have had an SP1 .
Yes

for me then
Old 29-09-2005, 11:52 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Liam
Because we can, it’s called filtering and is not a road traffic offence.
why people make such an issue of bikes filtering is beyond me, all we want to do is get to our destination, when a bike filters past you that’s usually the last you'll see of him and bikes filtering do not add to your journey time. The stories i could tell you about the idiocy of car drivers would make you wonder why i continue to ride

You’ll need to put these into different categories here.
Bikes Accidents involving Cars and Bikes Accidents not involving Cars.
Accidents not involving Cars will normally happen on the country roads, where we normally open the bike up and have a good ole thrash. police will turn a blind eye to this to an extent as long we obey the speed limit in the villages.

Accidents involving Cars. The majority of these believe it or not are down to the car driver, yes it may be difficult for your superiority (i own the road coz i'm have a car) complex to accept but it is. Usually the excuse is "i didn't see you" and yes that’s because you were (a) too busy on the mobile phone (b) didn't bother your arse to check your blind spot. for example, a few weeks back a driver saw me coming up the road and she was sitting at a junction, i was not speeding but i wasn't going slow either. the closer I got the more i thought "yea it safe, she's not going to cut across the front of me" only when I was able to see the whites of her eyes did she then decide to go, right out across me and i had to apply the brakes heavily while sounding the horn, did i get a wave of apology? Did i fuck all the stupid boot did was look at me like i was in the wrong several times this has happened to me.
I shall assume for the purpose of this discussion that the bold comment is not aimed directly at me but at car users in general.

I lived right next to the A339 near Basingstoke for most of my life so the countless numbers of bike accidents I knew of was horific.

What annoys be with what you term "filtering" is as a cyclist and car driver, I am quite capable of waiting in a queue. To have a motorcyclist come and pull up in front of me is nothing more than annoying. I wouldnt do it to them, why do it to me. Some even get stuck part way down the queue as they cant fit through so are forced to let them in.

In all honesty other than bikes on a cruise, I cannot think of more than a handle full of times that I have seen a motorcyle riding within the speed limit both there and here. My neighbour in the UK was a very experienced motorcyclist and to watch how he rode was very refreshing.

IMO too many (not all) bikes ride badly. Yes there are many bad car drivers and I am far from anti bike. As stated previously I am a cyclist so always keep a close vigil for bikes in my blind spot.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:59 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As mentioned filtering is a perfectly legitimate manoeuvre.

A motorcyclist can advance to the front of any queue of traffic provided they do not pass the lead vehicle.
It's in the highway code under overtaking IIRC.

A bike filtering past you has ZERO impact on your journey time, the only difference it could possibly make to you is having to take you foot off the throttle to let a bike in as you mentioned. Oooo, the hardship

You're not the transport secretary so either get a bike and join in or quit whining

A little more tolerance and the roads, nay world, would be a better place
Old 29-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

A cyclist - the scourge of the roads - so fuck off now .
Old 29-09-2005, 12:04 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My neighbour in the UK was a very experienced motorcyclist and to watch how he rode was very refreshing.
I'm a very experience motorcyclist (age 12 to 27 ) and I follow several rules when riding on the road.

No more than 50% of the time on my side of the road.

No more than 20% of my time at or below speed limits.

No more than 80% of my time with both wheels on the floor

And cut up as many sierras as possible

Old 29-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by abdr500
i hate bike riders they should ban bikers full stop ther to much danger to others
Ive read your replies throughout this thread and have arrived at the conclusion that :

A , Youve never ridden a bike and are completely incapable .

B , You have no idea of the concentration a Bike rider needs on todays roads just to stay incident free .

C , Your a Gimp !

Old 29-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As for the rear wheel YOUR BOTH wrong

Ducati 748/916

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-748-916...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 29-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Liam
Virgin

Originally Posted by Deano
B , You have no idea of the concentration a Bike rider needs on todays roads just to stay incident free .
i believe the term is "Hyper Aware" as said by my instructor
Old 29-09-2005, 02:00 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ducati 748/916

Nope

The 3 spoke dymag wheel was a very popular mod for the RC30.

Out of the 5 or so bikes we brought in from Japan 3 had a 3 spoke dymag fitted.

I wouldn't be suprised if the OEM 916 wheel was a dymag, they do supply quite a few OEM wheels.
Old 29-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ducati 748/916

Nope

The 3 spoke dymag wheel was a very popular mod for the RC30.

Out of the 5 or so bikes we brought in from Japan 3 had a 3 spoke dymag fitted.

I wouldn't be suprised if the OEM 916 wheel was a dymag, they do supply quite a few OEM wheels.
Yes

Look closely at the wheels they both have the little recess line through the spokes

I am right you are wrong

I think the original wheel was possibly a Brembo Item , I know they made the Aprilia 5 spoke RSV Wheels

Quick Reply: bad biker smash*quite horrifying*