General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Brakes again :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2005, 08:10 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 177 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Brakes again :cry:

Right im running rs turbo rear drums and front discs/callipers on a 1.3 hcs master cylinder and servo.
Ive bled the brakes numerous times and the dropping pedal has not solidified at all.
If i push the pedal right to the floor it will bite, and it will bite strongly but this is literally as it hits the floor.
With the master cylinder removed but everything else connected, if i move the servo nipple(the bit that goes in the cylinder) around then small bursts of air will leak out? is this normal or is it wear?
All brakes are good, all rear cylinders are new, all brake lines are tight.

Any ideas people and is the leaking servo(round the nipple) normal?
Old 19-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Al Bags
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the history before this?
Didnt you post about this before? And I answer?
What do you exactly mean by the Servo nipple?
Sounds like you damaged the Master Cylinder (maybe unintentionally) mate.
Nothing much wrong with those brakes on that Cylinder/servo combination. You will just get a tiny bit more travel with a bit less effort: The Master Cyl bore is the smaller of the MK4 sizes.
Old 19-08-2005, 08:35 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 177 Likes on 167 Posts

Sorry mate, yes i did post, was slightly diffo tho, not trying to be a post whore,lol.
Basically i had this set up but with a xr3i servo/cylinder in my old shell. Anyway, totalled the car and have re-shelled everything into this new car EXCEPT for the brake servo and master cylinder.

When i say nipple i mean, when you remove the master cylinder and bring it away from the servo, theres that metal 'stick' that is right in the centre of the servo that goes into the master cylinder to pressurise the fluid. basically if i move that about with my hands(with the cylinder off), it leaks air