General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Help! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 31-07-2005, 06:55 PM
alexst0ne
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! What to do?

Hey guys! Huge Ford fan and i've been enjoying reading the posts here for a while... I know I should've posted before but don't be too hard on me- feel shit enough already after crashing my car

It understeered (at about 25mph) in to a ditch in the middle of nowhere and i left it there overnite, went back this morning and it had gone! Phoned the Old Bill and they had sent Guy Motors out to pick it up but of course they don't open til Monday

When i phoned them they said it was pretty much a write-off coz the chassis was damaged. The headlights and grille etc had popped out but other than that its totally fine- V reg Fiesta (Mk IV) with 38k miles. I was hoping it could be repaired but i've yet to see it in daylight so its hard 2 tell!

What do u think is my best option for getting rid of it, if it is a write-off? I'm from Scotland and studying in Milton Keynes area (Automotive ironically) for a year which finishes in 4 wks so i don't really know the local companies etc. Other thing is i'll need 2 get home and i've had a car since passing my test at 17 (22 now) so not having a car would prob do my head in as i'm sure you understand. Oh, almost forgot- i'm only 3rd Party Fire + Theft Hence, not being made of money, i'm pondering should I get another car or not?

When i go to see it 2morro (Mon) i'll get as many parts off it as i can but storage is a bit of an issue so any ideas about what my options are would be much appreciated! I'm sure a few of you must have been in this situation b4

Cheers

Kenny
Old 31-07-2005, 07:01 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Should not cost that much Kenny to find parts for it.

Even though they might write it off it may be ok to fix.

Look in the Autotrader at the back in the salvage bit,plenty of parts in there.

Dave.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
alexst0ne
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for the advice Dave.

Actually it was a total write off and the local Ford dealer refused to repair it after they saw it. This afternoon i sold it to a salvage dealer after taking various bits for myself (Zetec-S steering wheel etc) so its off my hands and i can concentrate on the Masters.

Thanks again,

Kenny