General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TOTB NEWS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:42 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lovin the granada
Old 05-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JC MOTORSPORT
listen fuck off with the shit about the times the car is faster than yours get over it
c
Should calm down mate, the guy in the Astra dont give a monkeys have you met him, was there to have a good time & set a few Astra records, which he did. Hes dubious about the time the same as I am. Let him run sub 12 next time & i will be a convert.
ps. He beat mine on the day thats for sure.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
JC
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

c.b the original post wasent aimed at you but seen has how you reacted to it you must have read something into it
i will stay in business as long as i want to ,as for attitude i have got a lot and i can also back it up
i am not going to get in to a slanging match with you ,but by all means you can introduce your self to me at any of the shows i am at ford fair on sunday i will be on my stall all day unless out on track i will be the one answering to oy cockhead
it just disapoints me that people arnet happy for some one off the board in a ford wining
i am not saying that the astra is slow or slating it but if the astra had won and i said it wasent true times i whould expect to challenged
i personally havent said anything negative about any one person or carand i whould not i am not going to post any more on this subject as i feel i have said all i can
thanks jc
Old 06-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Jon(m600)

All this is bullshit PAUL IS THE FWD TOTB CHAMPION end of!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JC MOTORSPORT
listen fuck off with the shit about the times the car is faster than yours get over it
if he had done something wrong the time whould not have stud up
You took that totally the wrong way, Rob wasnt trying to have a dig at the car, was merely trying to find out if the time was genuine, if it is then thats fantastic, we got beat either way (by 3 other people!) so it makes no real difference to us, we were both just interested in if it really was that quick so we know where the target is for the astra for next year.

Awesome car, fantastic result, and neither of us knew that the 0-60ft trigger doesnt effect the 1/4 mile one so it was just a genuine question as the car seemed to make a gargantuan leap in times, so the theory people were putting forward seemed to be plausable.

The top speed runs it did prove how much power its got, we were never in any doubt that its a faster car than the astra once it was moving.

Hope that clears it up.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:55 AM
C.B.
Virgin

J.C and others .....

Just to clear one thing up...

Ive got nothing to do with the astra as it seems that a couple of people have said about that car above.

Im into my volkswagens and am hoping to get into the low 12s high 11s some time next year. As far as i know theres about 6ish FWD cars in the 11s.

I wont be at ford fair either.

COOOOOL. Daz......
Old 06-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

I'm gonna stick my neck out, despite meeting Paul who is a nice guy and certainly not a bullshitter, despite knowing his engine builder very very well and his mapper.
I have a lot of respect for PJ and his Fiesta and there is no disrespect for anyone involved in PJ's Fiesta at all but I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is:-

Until PJ's Fiesta does another 11sec 1/4 quarter or even a mid 12 I have serious doubts on that time.
End of. I'm not into theorys etc it happened because of this it happened because of that, I just want to see PJ do it again full stop to satisfy my own mind.

Seven Valley Motorsport did exactly the same thing years ago.. did a one off 11sec but could never get close again. One good pass isn't enough for me especially when you lose over a second over the rest of the times that day.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
JC

hey sorry for the bad coments
i now i said i wasent going to post but paul did do a 12 .2 on the day aswell
thanks jc
Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

JC check out the offical results no 12.2 mentioned:- http://www.ukviperclub.org/Totb%204%...%20results.doc

A20 Paul Johnson Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

In order of slowest to fastest:-

14.08 109
13.65 116
13.46 117
13.22 120
13.06 123
12.99 124
11.86 124

Notice how all the times are consistently faster with higher terminals.. until you get to the last one, which is 1.13secs faster but the MPH didn't change. From what I was told Paul didn't do anything different to other launchs as was quoted to say it didn't feel that fast. Plus its the only time that didn't have a 60ft time.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to think a 11.8 is possible but I'm not convinced.

I'm not being negative towards PJ or his achievements I just don't want it to be a another Severn Valley motorsport situation.
All I'm saying is I'd like to see PJ do it again...
Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 PM
FocusRich

Originally Posted by Jamz
Dont work for me, just a blank screen
Old 08-08-2005, 05:17 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

right click, save as, and they work for me ok ??