General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fare increases as a result of terrorist attack

Search this Thread

Old 14-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Shell
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am supprised you didnt feel silly posting as it clearly points out that u ignored the warning and posted anyways...

And now you are continuing to argue with the fact that people look at things differently, i mean, what reaction did u expect when there was a warning??

Look at how many people are registered with PF, we all cant have the same views now can we...
Old 14-07-2005, 08:58 AM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I got a worse one than this from a friend this morning...don't think I'll be risking the backlash though!!
Old 14-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blimey what a lot of fuss.

some people find humour (however distasteful it seems to others) a good way of dealing with things, others dont.

some of the people who do find it good to laugh are probably offended at the comments made by some of the ones who dont and are trying to make out anyone with a slightly different view to them is obviously some kind of heartless twat who was glad those poor people lost their lives in that terrible attack.

I really cant stand overly judgemental pricks like that to be honest

It was posted with a warning so that anyone who doesnt find humour a good way of dealing with things had plenty of notice not to read on.

If people then ignore that and read on anyway, its them who has chosen to partake in the humour and its utterly nothing to do with me, you are all adults and can make your own mind up what you do or dont read, the most i can possibly do is give you warning so you make an informed decision.
Old 14-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by mark rs
warning or not,very bad taste there chip...but i think myself and others expected this,having seen your childish,tasteless and immature jokes before.... disapointed and ashamed in a fellow countryman

mark
Unable to read a VERY clear warning, still read the joke anyway and then had a go at me.

Im very dissapointed in your lack of inteligence and your lack of ability to take responsibilty for your own actions.

It shames me that people from other countries might think that im still a child like you looking to blame others for my own actions, thankfully though most people are brighter than that.

Do pop into one of my threads again when you have less time.
Old 14-07-2005, 04:01 PM
extra14
Regular Contributor

Oh silly me, a warning makes it ok.

So if i were to write a thread let say "my views"
Give plenty of "you may not like this"
Then say how great bin liner is and his stupid cause and how great blah blah blah...... its ok in this very sensitive time.

It works both ways. (I`m not muslim but have friends who are)

Just to end (hopefuly) my point, you would not punch someone who has just been attacked as it is a cheap shot,
I found those jokes a cheap shot.
Old 14-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Turbodisplay, if you posted your beliefs and i disagreed with them then i would post disagreeing with them, and likewise i would of course expect the same in return, thats IF i posted my actual beliefs in the first place, which i havent (well other than the bit where i said, not as part of the joke, that i felt nothing but pity for them, which you are welcome to disagree with if you dont feel the same?).

However if you posted a joke about what someones views might be, and explained it was a joke, then i would not, as i have a sense of humour and understand the difference between saying something in a joke and actually meaning it.
Old 14-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Chip

I know what you're getting at. If we laugh about it, they cant change us.

I just think that the target is wrong. You dont attack the victims you laugh at the perpetrators. Witness all the Bin Laden pics that did the rounds after 9/11. Criminals can take any abuse the world can throw at them. Bu they cant stand being laughed at. Thats who IMHO you should be laughing at.

Consider whether you would have written this if someone you know had been maimed by the blast? Would you STILL have considered it funny? Bottom line is its NOT funny. regardless of warnings etc. Its not a funny subject matter.
Old 14-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Wether you think it is funny or not mate isnt something i would argue.

Others DO find it funny (many of whom have posted to say so in this thread), its not up to you to decide what others find funny.

If i hadnt posted a warning and had forced that joke on your wether you like sick humour or not then i could see you had a reason to whinge, but as it is i posted something on a forum that i knew some would enjoy and some wouldnt, as the forum is full of adults i gave them that choice, by stating the content of the post, anyone (like yourself) who doesnt enjoy sick jokes shouldnt have read it in the first place, thats NOT my fault that you did so anyway then didnt like it.

Its not your job to censor things like that, if its funny to some, and not to others then its fair game for posting PROVIDING there is adequete warning.

And to answer your question, yes i probably would have still posted it if my sister was in the bus or whatever, but i cant say for certain until it happens, my sense of humour and resolve not to be changed by these people might not go as deep as i think it does, i dont think anyone knows for sure how they will react until the time comes.
Old 14-07-2005, 05:20 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Jokes are made about unfunny things all the time... murder, suicide, poverty etc etc. People still laugh.

Its only because of the timing and context that this would be any more offensive, but the fact that there are clear warnings and anyone reading would already know about the events and circumstances means its up to them to make the decision whether or not to read the thread!

Some of the jokes on here might be hugely offensive to individuals and no one else, but you can't know whether they will be or not. This thread has a warning!
Old 14-07-2005, 05:44 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

people where warned ,most of us could guess what direction it was taking as we know chips etraordinary humor,so stob bitching .
Maybe one for the muppet room next time eh
Old 14-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Katie

If you cannot laugh at life, what the hell can you do? as someone said before....

Yes these jokes are offensive, so if you have a particular issue with offensive jokes you had about half a screens worth of scrolling to exit the post without seeing anything? Why carry on??

If something happened to me, and I died....the last thing I'd want people to do is be p.c....
If something so negative can be made a little bit less so by giving disheartened people some much needed laughter why prevent that? You should celebrate and embrace life....
Old 14-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Katie, if you die i will make sure the body gets extensive use from all the passion ford regulars before its too cold

Old 14-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Originally Posted by mark rs
warning or not,very bad taste there chip...but i think myself and others expected this,having seen your childish,tasteless and immature jokes before.... disapointed and ashamed in a fellow countryman

mark
Unable to read a VERY clear warning, still read the joke anyway and then had a go at me.

Im very dissapointed in your lack of inteligence and your lack of ability to take responsibilty for your own actions.

It shames me that people from other countries might think that im still a child like you looking to blame others for my own actions, thankfully though most people are brighter than that.

Do pop into one of my threads again when you have less time.
i'll do more than that...i might have a lack of inteligence and ability, but definately not a lack of a big punch...its a small world and im sure i could bump into you.

mark
Old 14-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Yeah, well worth having a punch up over something posted on a message board
Old 14-07-2005, 10:08 PM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mark rs Bit of an overreaction there I think, or did you just mis-understand what Chip said and thought perhaps he was calling yo mamma fat?
Old 14-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

fat?
thats an understatement.

She stepped out in front of me the other day, i swerved to avoid her and ran out of petrol!

DISCLAIMER:
And no of course she didnt really, ive know idea what she looks like or if she is even in this country or an astranought or whatever, it was just a joke again.
Old 14-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by turbodisplay
The title sounded as if it were a sensible thread, it if it were "Unsensitive jokes about other peoples pain and suffering" then i would have not read it.
I just read the whole thread and would just like to say.....

the title was about the terror attacks. ok this could be a sensible post and chip just wanting to share new information about it.

but he then stated very obviously that it was a joke and if u are offended by such things not to read it.

come on, use you head. what the fuck else was the joke gonna be about other than the terror attacks!

Im guessing you read it hoping to find something funny even though u knew what it was about. when u didnt you decide to kick off and have a moan.
you have 1 person to blame about readin a "disgracefull" joke.

As for u chip. I like your attitude, as sad as what happened was, what has ever happened that some 1 hasnt made a joke over. i bet every 1 on here who is knocking you has laughed at some 1 elses misfortune at some point.

Lets just hope the terroists get caught and bent over and fucked dry!
Old 14-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Marks new film is out soon, anyone else going to the premier?

Old 14-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Keith B

If you're Catholic then you're all going to hell !
Old 15-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Im not religous, so does that mean i get away with it?

Well other than 'judgement day' when mark rs tracks me down and beats me up because he didnt like some words on his computer screen
Old 15-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Katie, if you die i will make sure the body gets extensive use from all the passion ford regulars before its too cold

oh dear, lol

I have a donor card so will probably be sectioned up and frozen before the oppurtunity arises mate.