General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

DJ SY

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DJ SY

Just found this snippit on another forum during an interview from way back:

Could you expand on the firework incident on the A3 after playing at an event in Portsmouth on Nov 5th a few years ago.....

Being the boisterous nutter that I was back then, when a £100,000 Bentley turbo cut me up on the A3 on the way back from Portsmouth one night whilst I was driving a Sapphire Cosworth chipped to 350 BHP with Terry Turbo (not the most gentile person you're ever going to meet) in the back, and when the said Bentley was overtaken and beaten round the tight bends of the A3, the driver understandably got rather annoyed at the fact that his car (worth more than a 3 bed semi) was beaten by a Ford, and decided to drive like a wanker up my arse. So, Mr. Turbo thought that to offload some fireworks (which he had conveniently brought along for the occasion - it was Bonfire Night) in his direction might deter him from driving so close to my rear bumper. And he was quite correct in his assumption; however, about 1/2 mile further on, the driver of a police patrol car, who had been informed by the Bentley driver of a series of bangers and rockets exploding under and around his car, disagreed, and we were cautioned appropriately.

Source: backtotheoldskool
Quality.