General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TT Mad Sunday (with pictures now)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Mad Sunday (with pictures now)

It's Mad Sunday today............ YAAAAAAAAAY

I'm off to get the Cossie

One of the busiest TT's I've ever seen this year, it was absolutely heaving down at Bushy's beer tent and the Prom last night. Went to watch the stunt shows, Russ Swift was doin his Mini show and then came out in an Evo doin donuts......must ask him for some lessons pmsl
Old 05-06-2005, 08:17 AM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PMSL @ MAD sunday

Take your camera and get some pics mate
Old 05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

I will do Tiff, for anyone who doesn't know what happens here on Mad Sunday....

Mad Sunday is where for the whole day the Mountain part of the TT course is made one way for all the crazy bikers, and car owners, to go as FAST AS THEY LIKE, no rules apart from a couple of contraflows around 2 of the long bends (single file) but other than that you can do what you want, overtake, undertake go round bends on the wrong side lol feels really wierd doing that, its like "Get over.....get the hell over you're gonna have a head on if someone comes around the corner at you!!!" but you "know" the police are doing their job and making sure no one goes against the flow.

So pretty fookin Mad really pmsl especially when you see how busy it gets up there, every year there's a few good crashes!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go steady mate but have fun.

I expect pics by 8pm
Old 05-06-2005, 08:37 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like a really good day then.

hope there are not many crashes though.

Dave.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:39 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Be careful, this is the day people get killed aint it?

Amateurs i mean, my dad ahd to be a witness one year for a guy and his misses pillion that were killed trying too hard
Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Think MAD Sunday will be a bit shorter. Yesterdays Racing was postponed due to the weather. They'll need to try and get back on track with the times.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Filthy Rich
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Something i've always wanted to go and see.........one day

Get those pics up
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Axel
PassionFord Post Troll

hey yall
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM
JBcos
PassionFord Post Troll

crap weather lets see the pics manxlad think i'll be coming over for this next year
Old 05-06-2005, 11:21 AM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

the isle is probably one of the best motorsport places in the world - i used to come over for the national rally , not been fro a few years now
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

Sorry, so tied up with the TT and having relatives over I've hardly had a chance to get near the keyboard. I will upload some pics tonight, we had fabulous weather for Sunday and Monday the Superbike Race which was postponed till the Sunday was awesome and didn't have too much of an impact on the fun to be had when the roads finally opened again for the one way Mad dash Lots of Mad Sunday pics coming your way, i'll plug the camera in tonight dudes
Old 09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

Here's a few pics...

There was a crash which held things up foir a bit!!!

Out the back of the Sapph
Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Busy then. But I suppose if you want a quiet blat in the country you've got the rest of the year to do it.

As a local what do you make of the TT. Or can you tolerate 40 thousand Drunken English people
Old 10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Busy then. But I suppose if you want a quiet blat in the country you've got the rest of the year to do it.

As a local what do you make of the TT. Or can you tolerate 40 thousand Drunken English people
Mate I've been here for 10yrs now, during my first TT i went back to Cornwall to see family, when i got back i realised what I'd missed and have never been away from the Isle of man for a TT since!! It's feckin awesome and I challenge anyone to come over here and not enjoy and get into the spirit and enthusiasm of the festival. There's a real buzz on the island during TT that simply cannot be matched IMO, there's never any trouble either

Today was unfortunately the last day of TT racing, the Senior TT took place at midday and is the final race to be run over the course for this festival. John McGuiness almost beat his "outright lap" record after completing a lap on his Works R1 at 127.3mph, this was however a lap record for the Senior race!!! And believe me that is absolutely flying!! Watch Men&Motors TT programmes for the on bike videos!!!

http://www.iomtt.com/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=1849
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 AM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manxlad
Originally Posted by Rich_w

Mate I've been here for 10yrs now, during my first TT i went back to Cornwall to see family, when i got back i realised what I'd missed and have never been away from the Isle of man for a TT since!! It's feckin awesome and I challenge anyone to come over here and not enjoy and get into the spirit and enthusiasm of the festival. There's a real buzz on the island during TT that simply cannot be matched IMO, there's never any trouble either
Thats so true , was never really into bikes much - but then my dad introduced my to the NW200 and ive been hooked ever since. Anytime ive been its always been an amazibng atmosphere and no trouble whatsoever - unlike many car events ive been to
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Isle of Man is a fab place for motorsport - never been for TT (not into bikes as such) but I would love to.. sooner rather than later i feel, before the do-gooders put a stop to it
I went over some years back for the Manx National Rally, what a top weekend that was!!! Lovely people, and enthusiastic about the motorsport and spectacle - Ireland is the same, would NEVER happen over here, too many wingeing whining moaners to put a stop to it.
IOM and Irish peeps will happily see their road closed so they can't get out of their house for half a day, and just get down and enjoy it!!
I've never seen the bike community cause any trouble or nuisance due to beer either - everyone gets on, and they don't see the need for a ruck every five minutes..
Old 11-06-2005, 12:17 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richm
Isle of Man is a fab place for motorsport - never been for TT (not into bikes as such) but I would love to.. sooner rather than later i feel, before the do-gooders put a stop to it
I went over some years back for the Manx National Rally, what a top weekend that was!!! Lovely people, and enthusiastic about the motorsport and spectacle - Ireland is the same, would NEVER happen over here, too many wingeing whining moaners to put a stop to it.
IOM and Irish peeps will happily see their road closed so they can't get out of their house for half a day, and just get down and enjoy it!!
I've never seen the bike community cause any trouble or nuisance due to beer either - everyone gets on, and they don't see the need for a ruck every five minutes..
Very true about Ireland too - much more of an overall interest in motorsport over there compared to Scotland/England where the national sport is football, in Ireland everyone knows about rallying etc, women know more about rallying than they do football
Old 13-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Manxlad
Regular Contributor

Was talking to a gut while we were watching the racing here on Saturday, the Steam Packet meet here in Castletown they race almost right past my doorstep , he was saying that in Ireland there's a road race meet almost every week!!!!