General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FLAMER KIT QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
louma84
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLAMER KIT QUESTION

fitted my flamer kit yesturday to my frst (i no sum of you will think its sad!). im getting a good strong spark, i mounted the spark plug as close to back box as i could get it ( i have a scorpion 4" full s/s exhaust). but it dont flame at standstill much and wen it does they only last a split second(and there only about a foot long), i keep reving it and backing off but it dont flame much at all. even wen im driving and accelerate and then back off the flames are only about a foot long and again only last a split second!. my car has the following spec-

full rebuild with forged 0.5mm+ pistons
stg2 t3 conversion
beige injectors
cossie fuel pump
stg2 2 chip
scorpion 4" exhaust
k&n induction kit
piper 285t2 cam
and is running at 14psi which produced 200bhp on the r/r just b4 christmas
(but me thinks it needs setting up again).

so i would of thought i would be getting alot bigger flames that lasted longer than a split second!.does the size of the gap in the spark plug matter? and does the position of the spark plug in the tail pipe matter?. do you think i need to turn up the fuel mixture abit? cheers
Old 02-06-2005, 05:19 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Don't adjust the way your engine runs to get the car to flame better!

I would say this - sometimes they don't at standstill. I've had mine 7 years and it never has at standstill once.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A lot could depend on wether your chip still has fuel cutoff on the overun like the standard EEC-IV chip, if so, then there won't be enough fuel to ignite.....

As per PON though, I wouldn't mess with the fuelling just to get flames.....