General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

If Carlsberg made football clubs...

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2005, 09:49 AM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If Carlsberg made football clubs...

Liverpool FC...Probably the best football club in the World!

LIVERPOOL FC - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
Old 27-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And you live in Essex, havin' it large

Nah mate only kidding, I'm aleeds fan and I was shouting when they scored/ won
Old 27-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: If Carlsberg made football clubs...

Originally Posted by M7 COS
[img]

Liverpool FC...Probably the best football club in the World!
No mate...They are the best team in the World
Old 27-05-2005, 09:59 AM
BUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

we will never hear the end of this now
Old 27-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Phil
Jeebus

It was a great match for everyone in the UK cheering Liverpool on, even though i'm no Liverpool fan
Old 27-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I guess when a club has achieved so little in recent years that any little thing they do manage to win seems likea big achievement to the fans

(joking)

Fair play to them, good result for them and british football, personally im a wolves fan, so i cant even remember what its like to win anything
Old 27-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Phil
It was a great match for everyone in the UK cheering Liverpool on, even though i'm no Liverpool fan
Very True mate, I used to support Liverpool when I was about 5, but changed to Man United and have supported them for 16 years now!

Was still so chuffed that Liverpool won tho, shouting like mad!
Old 27-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

Very True mate, I used to support Liverpool when I was about 5, but changed to Man United
Old 27-05-2005, 10:16 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

I must have been the only person in the country shouting for AC Milan

and Chip - i didnt think you supported a footy team especially Wolves
Old 27-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

and Chip - i didnt think you supported a footy team
he dont, he told ya hes a wolves fan

am i the only person who thinks that supporting a team requires ya to go top the games ect hence why ya have local teams and not just back the winners

if ya live in luton suport luton, dont suport liverpool as they win, ya dont support em by cheering em on via sky tv or in the pub

i personally hate football ( ive noticed people into cars do tent not to follow football, must be something about it )

even worse when i need a fooking res permit to park whe the arsenal are playing

i hate resident permits
Old 27-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I guess supporting a team is just about followin their progress (or lack of ) and caring about the results, not everyone has the luxury of being able to go to matches.

I know lots of "Formula one fans" who will never be able to afford to go to monaco etc

Im not really a follower of football anymore though anyway, but i did use to be at one point and it was wolves i supported then (since i was about 4 years old or so), and I used to go to watch as often as i could afford at the time for the 15 yers or so that i actively followed them (before i was working full time, so we are going back about a decade now)
Old 27-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

chip theres a difference when formula 1 is sooo unaccesable to us poor people ( you dont count rich kid )

if F1 was on every second week and ya never went then ya not a follower but watch it cause its on tv

following wining teams and then switching teams confuses the hell out of me
Old 27-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by Phil
Very True mate, I used to support Liverpool when I was about 5, but changed to Man United and have supported them for 16 years now!
changed when Liverpools mid 80's dominance stopped no doubt!!! Then moved onto Man u because they were dominating the 90's

Do you support Chelsea or Arsenal at the moment out of interest??

Monaco F1 is soooo sweeeet Chip. Will put some photos up later! Chopper was cool, boat was awesome, cars SOOO loud. Parties are the best thing by a mile though. I met David Coultard in a nightclub and got him to sign a piece of paper for me... ok so that piece of paper happened to be a 500 Euro note Can't ever spend that now even though I think DC is pony driver
Old 27-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Surely if someone watches footy on the telly then they can still be a fan?

When i was younger, due to supporting wolves and living in somerset at the time, i VERY rarely got to watch them, but i genuinely was a very keen follower of them.

I dont think its fair to say people arent a supporter just cause they dont watch the team very often.

Cally (my girlfriend) is a life long Man Utd fan, and has even had the opportunity to be at wembley and watch them win an FA cup final as her dad got tickets due to being an FA referee, but if she wasnt lucky enough to have seen them like that, it wouldnt make her any less of a fan than becaus she did IMHO
Old 27-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Anonymous
Banned

At least being a wolves fan all my life i never get accused of being a glory hunter, they have never fooking had any in my lifetime
Old 27-05-2005, 12:41 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by chip-3door
At least being a wolves fan all my life i never get accused of being a glory hunter, they have never fooking had any in my lifetime
If they had won half the games they drew last season they would have had a chance!
Old 27-05-2005, 12:48 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hull City na na na na, Hull City na na na na

Old 27-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by M7 COS
Originally Posted by chip-3door
If they had won half the games they drew last season they would have had a chance!
I should think that is true of pretty much any disticntly average football team TBH
Old 27-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Cally
Part of the Furniture

i don't support Man Utd, but ive met the players a couple times, and my aunty used to WELL fancy Giggs and used to buy me all his merchandise to some how re-live her childhood fantasy , and ive watched them play a dozen times or more and been to the FA cup in 93 (when they played against Liverpool funily enough and i was on the Liverpool side as my dads a Liverpool fan) but ive never supported one team as such, if i had to say one team now it'd be Wolves cus ive seen them play too and i have there footy shirt and cup at home! (oh i mean your shirt Chip)
Old 27-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Oh well shows how much notice i take of you, i assumed that you supported them cause you went to watch them, lol

Still it goes to show what i was saying is true, that its not if you watch a team actually play or not that makes you a supporter i guess!

P.S

Either give that shirt back or at least have the decency to wear only that and some stockings in bed tonight
Old 27-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Alloy

Originally Posted by b19bal
and Chip - i didnt think you supported a footy team
he dont, he told ya hes a wolves fan

am i the only person who thinks that supporting a team requires ya to go top the games ect hence why ya have local teams and not just back the winners

if ya live in luton suport luton, dont suport liverpool as they win, ya dont support em by cheering em on via sky tv or in the pub

i personally hate football ( ive noticed people into cars do tent not to follow football, must be something about it )

even worse when i need a fooking res permit to park whe the arsenal are playing

i hate resident permits
Mate, no offence, but that's the biggest lot of bollox I've ever heard, although you say your not a football fans which explains it really.

How do you not support them by watching on TV? By watching them on TV you're increasing the viewing rate which in turn adds to TV revenue which then gives your team a bigger financial profit because they let Sky etc televise their match. Football is a global sport and a business, the more support a club gets through out the world means more money, more money means better quality players, better quality players means a greater chance of being sucessfull in domestic and European/world competitions, which again, makes the club richer through gate reciepts, merchandise and TV revenue etc, not to mention increasing the fan base even more. Football clubs need as much support as they can, whether it be local, non local or foreign support, it doesn't matter, what matters is following and supporting your clubs progress and doing your best to benefit the club by buyiong the shirt etc.

Rant over.

Besides, if you live in Northern Ireland, you really don't want to watch our excuse for football, most players are only Semi Pro and hold normal jobs through the week.
Old 27-05-2005, 01:51 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

I was cheering on milan

fair play liverpool , got a kind ref and some luck to win it!!

Im an actually a juventus fan , I think there is a big difference between being a fan and being a supporter.
Old 27-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Alloy

Possibly, a fan is a fanatic ( sorry for being Captain state the obvious ), knows the history and whatnot, a supporter could be described as someone who just likes to see a team doing well. I'm definitely a Liverpool fan. Either way, regardless of what you are, you're still helping out the club and thats what counts.
Old 28-05-2005, 04:37 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by swerv
fair play liverpool , got a kind ref and some luck to win it!!
Is that the same kind ref. that denied us a definite penalty in the first half, from which Milan attacked and scored?

Well Done to Juve' on winning Serie A, Juventus are my Italian team.
Old 28-05-2005, 04:43 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by Chipperx2
And you live in Essex, havin' it large

Nah mate only kidding, I'm aleeds fan and I was shouting when they scored/ won
leeds leeds leeds (championship winners 2006)

glad liverpool won it, proves to all these chelsea and man united scumbags that paul mccartney was right

MONET CANT BUY U LOVE/CHAMPIONS LEAGUE