General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RESULTS from Karting...CONEBIRD 0 DOM 1 :007:

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RESULTS from Karting...CONEBIRD 0 DOM 1 :007:

yes he did hit another cone!!!

Short story - Me 43.2, Mike 43.6, both did badly overall

longer story-

after mike telling me to put my money where my mouth was I went down to his local karting track where Mike competes in a monthly endurance race.

It didnt start out for well for me and my team mate as the fooken chain came off our kart and they had to put on a new clutch, by the time they had done this I managed to get 2 flying laps - WITH NO BRAKES before coming in with shit filled pants. Needless to say we qualified dead last and had no practise at all

My team and Mikes both did shit ending up roughly 8th but with a huuge list of excuses including:

ours:

-we had no practise or qualifying
-first time round the track
-got a 10 second penalty for speeding in pit lane
-got 10 push ups penalty for speeding in pit lane (and the girls fancied me and wanted to see my sexy muscles )
-got shoved off the track badly twice by some cheating fooker from the 3rd Rs team

Mikes (from his big book of excuses as to why he was shit):

-"we had a slow kart" (when I followed him down the straight he seemed to have more speed than me!)
-They Ran out of petrol!!!!!!!!! luckily only on the last lap.

I was quite happy with how we did under the circumstances and it being our first time there. My best lap times were faster than Mikes all night Although I found it a bit boring because it was sooo long and you didnt know where you were placed on track.

Mike, you can shove your excuse book where you wanted those girls to put there strap on last night as you got your ass handed to you fair and square

we'll be back again, only this time, hopefully we can actually get some qualifying and also, Im sure we'll easily be in the 42's
Old 11-05-2005, 06:11 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

not another cone.

Cannot blame the marshall now Mike.

Well done Dom.

Dave.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dom,
I love how you leave out the crucial bits .

Depsite all this, up until the last lap, we were still one lap ahead of you . Fucking shonky organisation for it to run out of fuel and make your day - or was that what you went there a few days before and bribed them to do? .

Also, as was explained to you by EVERYONE who spoke to you, they all thought it really hilarious that we had such a shonky kart (as we usually finish in the top four ). As to our kart being faster than yours, that was down to your shit driving, as when I followed Rick out of the pits, he pulled away from me down all the straights (and he's a LOT heavier than me ) .

I was actually WELL pleased with managing to get 43.6 out of the kart (I drove the pants off it ), as my compadre was in the 44s to 45s most of the night (and he is usually as quick as me). It goes to show how determined I was .

Remember, you only got a 43.2 from my tutorledge and telling you how to drive a certain part of the track to get round it quicker . Shouldn't have bothered .
Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike Mike Mike

UTTER BOLLOCKS "everyone who spoke to you" - you mean charlie after you bullied the words out of him "im usually faster arent I charlie, arent I? well, charlie? charlie!?"

I followed you down the straight and no way was it a really slow kart. As to my driving, I turn up to YOUR LOCAL track, after 1 hours sleep, still half drunk, first time outside and still beat you

YOu make me fucking die how competitive you are you even tried to race me to finish the maccy d's afterwards
Old 11-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Where/When u go Dom?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like a good evening ladies!! Next time have it on another night and ill come and show you some proper driving

Old 11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ross, if by 'proper' you mean sensible, perhaps, if you mean fast? Ive seen people in coma's that could get round the track faster than you

Smit, last night, beccles outdoor track
Old 11-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

UTTER BOLLOCKS "everyone who spoke to you" - you mean charlie after you bullied the words out of him "im usually faster arent I charlie, arent I? well, charlie? charlie!?"
Crock of shit (I paid him to say it )

I followed you down the straight and no way was it a really slow kart. As to my driving, I turn up to YOUR LOCAL track, after 1 hours sleep, still half drunk, first time outside and still beat you
I personally thought that Rick was a more consistant driver than you . You followed me out and had the privalege of being SHOWN the lines (in a faster kart) and I still pulled out a 4s lead on you

YOu make me fucking die how competitive you are you even tried to race me to finish the maccy d's afterwards
That is SO not true, I had to show Charlie where the powder-coaters was before we went to the Mcdonalds and just gave you directions and met you down there . However, talking about ultra competitiveness, why don't you tell everyone about you kicking off against some poor bloke you wasn't even sure was the one that punted you off .
Old 11-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

One of my ECE team works there...i'll get him to put some race fuel in it when/If i come along
Old 11-05-2005, 06:55 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Sorry Dom, I've got back Mike on this one re: the slower karts.

I raced there once or twice, and I've had all manner of people pull away from me. Now bear in mind I've been karting for 10+ years in proper karts (and none of this shonky indoor shit), and it just doesn't add up.

At another event we attended, at a different circuit, I was well on the pace.... if not above it.

If you really want to see how quick you are, then maybe we organise a little day out at a proper circuit down this way using my PROPER karts?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
pugo
Advanced PassionFord User

i used to race at beccles when it was the old shonky track with tractor tyres back in the late 80's early 90's(125 national and 100 national), raced there about 2 years ago on the newer circuit(promax) and its a lovely little circuit!

Pugo
Old 11-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Focus Dan

For those that don't know me.. I'm the mechanic there...

All karts are thoroughly checked and prepped the day before or on the day, its a massive task with 14 to do.

Top Gear league is our biggest meeting and all karts are tested and put against the clock by one of the staff the morning before the race, anything that is found to be slow is rectified by either finding the fault or an engine change.

I know how a kart should be set up, i've worked there for a number of years, have qualifications in engineering and have raced Rotax Max and TKM for about 8 years.

As for the fuel problem.. That karts only do 1 hour and 45 mins on brimmed tanks so its cutting it close as it is.. rest assured the guy that apparently checked the fuel before the race won't be there next time..

Volunteers to either race direct or be mechanic for the evening are welcomed..

Smit - Yours is getting Diesel mate..
Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike. I will say, you didnt get an award that night but if there was one given for shit talking, fuck me you'd win every time

My fastest times were quicker than yours ALL night even IF (which is rubbish) you had a slow kart. I admit, I probably wasnt as consistant as tbh honest I was getting bored and because I didnt know who was who and in what position they were. Didnt know if I was holding up a front runner or letting through the person in the place behind Plus I KNEW we werent in with any chance of a podium so wasnt taking it all that seriously.

Plus I was struggling physically probably due to getting totally fucked the night before and getting no sleep....

The one tustle we had I sat behind you EASILY for about 3 laps laughing at you struggling to keep infront until we came to a back marker where you got LUCKY and got past when he made a brief mistake and I got caught up behind him. Dont make out like you took 4 seconds off me by your speed

and I was saying you were racing me to eat the food at maccys, not to get there

we should have a go on a neutral track sometime soon

Focus Dan, The track is awesome mate I'll deffo be back when my bruises have gone down Can you also please tell megan and shian that Mike was fantasising about them and strap ons all night. We had a running bet on who was the dominant one

in my book, they deffo need it - HARD
Old 11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

PMSL @ need it hard
Old 11-05-2005, 11:12 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

aj, u know what accent thats said in too ROFL
Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Yep i do!! pmsl
Whats that then? - you know what accent thats said in too i bet
Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Dan - Cheeky fooker

Unlucky now u met Chesney now.........
Old 12-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Dan,
I know you lot "normally" do a fantastic job, but you have to admit you were struggling that night . Obviously you put the best karts you could into the race and left the worse one(s) as back ups. Unfortunately for us, the Kart we were given first, one of the engines kept cutting out out in qualifying, so we got given one of leftover karts . It actually didn't feel that much quicker than the one with only one engine running .

Dom,
If you want to live in fantasy land, feel free .

Anyway, for Ł150, you could be going to the Ring next weekend, so pull ya finger out .
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Focus Dan

I admit, we were struggling.

We had a few karts written off due to bent axles from previous arrive and drive groups. Our supplier normally has parts with us next day and its unlikely that we ever run out of spares to get karts running, however there was a three week wait on Axles and couldn't get them in time for Tuesday night.

More teams turned up than expected, leaving us with only one spare.

We will have another 5 or 6 new karts built up by the next league meeting.. I'll try and hold a couple back so they can be used on the league.

The fuel situation was terribly embarrising, however, the guy that checked them has been dealt with.

Can you also please tell megan and shian that Mike was fantasising about them and strap ons all night. We had a running bet on who was the dominant one
I'll let them know.. As for who is the dominant one.. I'm keeping quiet!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:46 AM
NathR

LMFAO, nice one Dom, sounds like I'd best get my arse down there next time. If you can give Conebird a run for his money then I'll be in with more than a chance!!!

To be fair though, most times I've been karting there's usually a pretty noticeable difference in the karts.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

My mate runs the technical side of a kartingteam with proper 125's (European and worldchampionship) and I sometimes take one out on the local track.

Very funny as I can't kart for shit but all the quicker boys let me past because I'm a liabillity on track lol

I make up for lack of abillity by sliding it all over the place, jumping curbs and overtaking where you really shouldn't
Old 12-05-2005, 09:35 AM
churchy

Location: Out Shooting Burgelers, cause thats what Norfolk people do!!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to come down for the next one and show you all how to drive proper................shit I'm crap in a cart
Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
Ross, if by 'proper' you mean sensible, perhaps, if you mean fast? Ive seen people in coma's that could get round the track faster than you
Yabba Yabba Yabba . I carnt belive you had to resort to cheating to beat Mike, filling up the petrol take with gravel to slow him down and make him run out of fuel, i dont know!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike as soon as we came in after the first session and I'd done a 43.5 and you'd done 43.9 I saw you run out to the car to get something.

I now know what it was........

Mike, I'm scared to come to the ring incase charlie barges me off the track like he did at karting - TWICE I might confront a group of blokes about it who were also in a leon or something the same colour
Old 12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Dom,
Stop being a pussy and put your hand in your pocket and come as a passenger on this occasion, to get a feel for the place first . It will only cost you Ł150-200 (unless you're a raging alcoholic ).

And if Charlie rammed YOU off the track, that shows how slow you were, as I overtook him in a slower kart (on the lap I ran out of fuel ).
Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 AM
NathR

Yes Dom you big girl. My mate who's coming with me lives in Ipswich so you can even share the journey up here.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
churchy

Location: Out Shooting Burgelers, cause thats what Norfolk people do!!!

Yeah Dom you big girl
Old 12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike, I had actually just overtaken him in a highly professional and skilled way he then just used me as a brake for the next corner and flew me off the track must of learned that from you I reckon.

What are the dates for the september trip?? I would say there is a fair chance I will go then I HATE being passenger as I need toilet stops every 5 minutes plus I dont have the money atm

Nath, you will be pleased to hear I do now have the driving gloves needed in ebony black
Old 12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
NathR

Excuses, excuses, it's a must even as passenger!! ....and that doesn't sound like Charlie at all.

Gloves sound proper Will have to get some Imperial blues ones then.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Dom,
Small bladder, small penis - always suspected the same .

You blow Ł150 on a weekend out normally, so shut it with the lame excuses . You have confirmed what Nath and I originally thought, you're all mouth .
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike, Give it a couple of weeks and the blonde at the kart track will tell you different

Look, this is the deal, give me the f-in dates in september and i'll book up the hotel NOW; well you can

I can tell you 2 are well practised in forcing a 'ring virgin' into doing what you want through peer pressure
Old 12-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Haven't a clue when we're going in September, as we haven't even got this one out of the way yet!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

next you'll be spiking the drinks at the norfolk meets All I'll know about it is waking up with a head ache, a loosened anus and Mike in a dresing gown asking "how do you like your eggs"
Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
NathR

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
next you'll be spiking the drinks at the norfolk meets All I'll know about it is waking up with a head ache, a loosened anus and Mike in a dresing gown asking "how do you like your eggs"

Just to clear things up, it was Mike who said "you're all mouth" I can safely say I don't know that for sure.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Nath,
But you can't wait to find out heh?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
NathR

Dom, I'm looking forward to ripping the piss out of you in September, I can see it now........"sorry boys I'm still too scared, what dates are you going in May, I'm DEFINATELY coming then"
Old 12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ill just borrow mikes big book of excuses if thats the case
Old 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Well it's good to see that the Norfolk RSOC has been replaced with the Norwich arm of the "Blue Oyster Club"

What the hell is the matter with you people? (except Dom - he was born like this)
Old 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
NathR

Quick Reply: RESULTS from Karting...CONEBIRD 0 DOM 1 :007: