General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mondeo gone haywire

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Mondeoowner
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo gone haywire

Hi everyone
I have a very annoying problem with my car especially in rain and wet weather. I have a 2013 mondeo zetec business edition 2.0 tdci duratorq. It is randomly coughing and spluttering and throwing an engine malfunction be it while driving or starting after a wet night/day thats fine it does that and stays running ok but then puts the esp light on and really starts coughing and runs at 1200 revs idle with a slight knock and then when I press the brake it cuts the rev down and almost cuts out and runs terribly knocking and coughing and spluttering and has cut out many times. I plugged it in and originally control processors and injector driver circuit bank 2 performance fault codes were read. Now I plugged it in last week and a litany of faults appeared. Same as before but also mass air flow sensor fault, fuel rail pressure low, no info between abs and pcm, steering angle sensor loss of communication. Also on live data read injector no. 2 is missing from the diagnostic(autell computer don't know model). I was told it might be pcm,injectors,wiring. Changed the injectors, kept happening, had injectors tested, they were poor but not poor enough to cause the problem. Fuel pump was said until rain was mentioned then not sure but water ingress somewhere but I have no idea where to start and it is driving me mad. Also when it's bad and I turn the car off and come back to it to see if it has copped on because that can work at times the engine malfunction message is up on dashboard, esp light,engine management light red and glow plug light flashes and will only turn once or twice and then a bang or will behave like the battery is dead. I'm at my wits end with it and seriously considering putting it to the torch. I've been to many garages and mechanics and they have all said something different. Also rand a static dpf regeneration a number of times and the last time a fault for the vaporizer occured
Old 21-10-2022, 07:14 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 118 Likes on 111 Posts

Ever heard of a paragraph????
The following users liked this post:
stevieturbo (21-10-2022)
Old 22-10-2022, 11:04 AM
Mondeoowner
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GVK.
Ever heard of a paragraph????
Helpful
Old 22-10-2022, 03:51 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 399 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeoowner
Hi everyone
I have a very annoying problem with my car especially in rain and wet weather. I have a 2013 mondeo zetec business edition 2.0 tdci duratorq. It is randomly coughing and spluttering and throwing an engine malfunction be it while driving or starting after a wet night/day thats fine it does that and stays running ok but then puts the esp light on and really starts coughing and runs at 1200 revs idle with a slight knock and then when I press the brake it cuts the rev down and almost cuts out and runs terribly knocking and coughing and spluttering and has cut out many times. I plugged it in and originally control processors and injector driver circuit bank 2 performance fault codes were read. Now I plugged it in last week and a litany of faults appeared. Same as before but also mass air flow sensor fault, fuel rail pressure low, no info between abs and pcm, steering angle sensor loss of communication. Also on live data read injector no. 2 is missing from the diagnostic(autell computer don't know model). I was told it might be pcm,injectors,wiring. Changed the injectors, kept happening, had injectors tested, they were poor but not poor enough to cause the problem. Fuel pump was said until rain was mentioned then not sure but water ingress somewhere but I have no idea where to start and it is driving me mad. Also when it's bad and I turn the car off and come back to it to see if it has copped on because that can work at times the engine malfunction message is up on dashboard, esp light,engine management light red and glow plug light flashes and will only turn once or twice and then a bang or will behave like the battery is dead. I'm at my wits end with it and seriously considering putting it to the torch. I've been to many garages and mechanics and they have all said something different. Also rand a static dpf regeneration a number of times and the last time a fault for the vaporizer occured
You have more patience than me , I would by now be seriously considering getting rid of it and buying something else. Some cars just seem to have a jink on them and I think yours is one of those!!
Old 26-10-2022, 07:36 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Is your alternator charging 14 volts??
Old 30-10-2022, 09:31 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeoowner
Helpful
Yes, paragraphs are very helpful to make long groups of text readable.