General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mk8 Rear axle on Mk6 Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 03:47 PM
HubbDk
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mk8 Rear axle on Mk6 Fiesta

Does the rear axle that is found on the mk8 fiesta fit on the mk5 fiesta, by mk5 I mean the one from 2004, or any year that has disc brakes on the back
The axles seem very similar, I want to make a disc conversion and it's easier to just swap axles )
The only difference I see is that the mk5 fiesta has a different bolting system for the car , but that can be removed and you can get the axle without the thing that goes on the car so I think it will fit

Any answers are accepted,

Thank you guys in advance

Old 12-09-2021, 07:23 AM
XR2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts

MK5? MK6? I'm a bit confused which car(s) you're really talking about AND what you want to do?

The 2002 Fiesta already came with rear disk brakes (ST 2.0, at least Germany, Austria and UK, some countries still had drums fitted), so there's no use trying to make an axle of a later car fit as it NEVER will be as good as the standard one.

And on earlier models theres also an easier way to change from drums to disks than to make a different axle fit.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:22 AM
HubbDk
Virgin

Originally Posted by XR2
MK5? MK6? I'm a bit confused which car(s) you're really talking about AND what you want to do?

The 2002 Fiesta already came with rear disk brakes (ST 2.0, at least Germany, Austria and UK, some countries still had drums fitted), so there's no use trying to make an axle of a later car fit as it NEVER will be as good as the standard one.

And on earlier models theres also an easier way to change from drums to disks than to make a different axle fit.
I know, but mine came with drums, i thought of swapping the drums spindle that are on my car, with the rear spindle from an mk1 focus, the focus has disc brakes and i think it may work
Old 12-09-2021, 08:35 AM
XR2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts

Some rear brake parts of the MK1 Focus and the Fiesta ST 2.0 were the same. The non-Focus RS hubs should bolt directly onto the Fiesta axle. The rest is trial and error.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:37 AM
HubbDk
Virgin

Originally Posted by XR2
Some rear brake parts of the MK1 Focus and the Fiesta ST 2.0 were the same. The non-Focus RS hubs should bolt directly onto the Fiesta axle. The rest is trial and error.
I will try with the focus brakes, maybe i will make it work