General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

good day/bad day

Search this Thread

Old 25-09-2019, 08:00 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default good day/bad day

in the ongoing upgrades for the mondeo yesterday i was at scc getting the wishbones and driveshaft swapped over

lets just say that the day was beset by "issues" but the biggest one was the difficulty in trying to source the correct driveshaft for my car

the new one is shorter, thinned and has the wrong cv's on one end and none of the internals will swap over so where can i source the correct shaft?

fancy bushes though have transformed the drive so it's not all bad

and if i was any goo with remembering names i'd give a shout out to the guys at the place who were really helpful
Old 25-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Dojj, been there with the TT, thankfully now sorted. I put the new engine in and the clutch simply would not work properly, I changed everything from pedal, master, slave etc...it turned out to be a faulty pressure plate.

I also ended up changing bushes, bearings, brakes etc....seemed to be worth doing whilst it was all apart bu t it was full of problems.