General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dove grey paint code needed.

Search this Thread

Old 16-08-2017, 10:03 AM
simbo16i
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dove grey paint code needed.

Hi guys.
I'm starting the process of tidying up the underneath of my RS1600i. At the moment I'm just spending hours upon hours removing old waxoil. As much as I'm cursing the stuff, I'm actually really glad at how well it has preserved the underneath of the car. Since the car barely gets used these days, I decided to just tinker away with it and get the underneath looking like new. I've owned the car for 15 years and it's taken me this long to finally get around to doing it!
Anyway, my question is what paint to use?
This car is very original, and as I strip off the waxoil, I can clearly see the original grey primed floor with black (car colour) overspray catching all the chassis legs and any protruding bits of body.
I have read on many forums about Ford Dove Grey being the colour of choice. I've trawled the internet looking for paint codes and even photos of cars that have had this colour applied, and am left unsure of what to do.
A code that popped up was XSC 1491 for dove grey, I've also seen C1 and C2 codes.
In some pics these looks more cream in colour.
Can any of you point me in the right direction of what to use? Also pics would be a great help.
I'll get some pics of mine once I get further in to the project.

Many thanks for reading and I hope some of you can help.