General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPOL Gravitex as interior car paint

Search this Thread

Old 23-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Wheely
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UPOL Gravitex as interior car paint

Hi guys,

I am in Ghana and I have a LR defender that I am prepping for an overland.

I am looking at applying some insulating material to the interior to reduce the loud noise coming from the engine. Before applying the insulating material (Kaiflex 13mm) I will prep the panels by sand blasting them, then apply UPOL #8 primer, then UPOL gravitex and then applying the insulating material. I see on the UPOL website that the Gravitex helps to deaden sound and vibrations (http://www.u-pol.com/us/en/product/u...erbody-coating) so I thought it'd be a better idea than UPOL Raptor... your thoughts?

thanks a lot!

simone
Old 23-07-2017, 02:21 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

UPOL raptor is so much better than gravitex. It's got better build, harder yet flexible, chemical resistant and can be tinted to pretty much any colour. Raptor was originally designed for truck bed liners. We use it at work because it's the only product out there that can replicate classic Porsche undersealer.
The following users liked this post:
Wheely (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Wheely
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim for your quick reply.

I am applying it in the interior of the car as a base before sticking on top of it the insulating material, hence what I am looking for is a paint somewhat sound-deadening and Gravitex seemed a good solution for that - i won't overcoat it, nor it would be exposed so I won't need it to be hard/flexible.

Unless you see any draw-backs in using Gravitex instead of Raptor for this intended purpose?

cheers

Last edited by Wheely; 23-07-2017 at 02:33 PM.