General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone owned a rolls royce? Shadow/spur etc?

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2017, 10:22 AM
D1on
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone owned a rolls royce? Shadow/spur etc?

Very eccentric I know,
These are still fairly cheap though!, Surely future classics, Anyone owned or own one?...
Old 13-05-2017, 11:07 AM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Not owned one but worked on a few. Very smooth, quiet and comfy ride but they all seem a bit vague in terms of response and they don't like to be hurried along. They rust and rust bad, check the usual suspects sills, arches, floors etc. MPG figures are horrific and over all running costs will cost a fortune. Because they are expensive to run you'll find cheap examples have probably been bodged up and are a potential financial time bomb. But don't let that put you off because they are quit a cool car and if you are mechanically minded and capable of doing bodywork you'll save yourself a small fortune.
Old 13-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Love the idea of owning one, I think I would try to fine one that has had a fortune spent already on restoration....quite fancy one in brown and drive around blasting out classical music....eccentric cool