General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Passion BMW battery help needed

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2017, 04:22 PM
mk1turboestate
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Passion BMW battery help needed

Happy Easter everyone, I have had an offer emailed this weekend from GSF offering a 53% discount, basically the clock on my e61 has been losing time and from the research if done it needs a battery, if had the car two years and it only does short journeys and has covered less than 5k in that time so I appreciate battery's won't last so long, looking online there are a lot of options with regards to outputs, the one on the car is only 90 ah and on my old fours it was the bigger the better with regards to upgrades but on this I've read if I go bigger it could require re coding? Does anyone know if this is the case? Could I get away with 100ah as it is,
Any help appreciated
Old 16-04-2017, 05:10 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Pm me your chassis number and I will tell you what should be on it and if it should need programming as I can log in on my work computer over the weekend and get your information.
Old 18-04-2017, 04:53 PM
rsp36

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need coding anyway as the cars ECU needs to know that the battery is new.
The amps can be changed no problem but the car will also need to be told about that.
It also needs to be changed if you're going from AGM to a normal battery.