General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

17 reg Focus ST3 noise problem

Search this Thread

Old 23-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Vickif
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17 reg Focus ST3 noise problem

Hi all,

This is my first post in the forum so please be nice!

I picked up a brand new Focus ST3 on March 11, by March 13 it was making a noise, tried to not panic and thought it wasn't anything to worry about but the noise has got louder. It's like a intermittent crackle/rattle.

It stops when the air con and/or heating is on and only happens after i've driven the car so not from cold.

I had an mechanic listen to it and he thinks there is a fault with the air con clutch compressor pulley or bearing. Today I've taken it to Ford and they cannot work out what is wrong with it, they have acknowledged there is an issue but they do not know what.

They have eliminated the air con compressor and said they have checked everything, and it may be that the engine needs to be dropped out and the drive belt/chain checked!!

I've owned the car 13 days now and I'm distraught, this is my first new car and i just thought it was hopefully something loose, not that the engine would need to come out!

Has anyone else had this issue or got any ideas?

I've got a video but it's not uploading so I will continue to try and add this to my post.

thanks,

Vicki
Old 23-03-2017, 12:56 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much. It's a new car with a warranty. Chuck it back at ford, pick up a courtesy car and let them ring you only when it's fixed.
Old 23-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Vickif
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's at Ford now but they are saying about dropping the engine out, I'm not happy! i just wondered if anyone had a similar noise problem so could shed some light on what it is.

thanks,

Vicki
Old 23-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

The noise could literally be anything - don't be alarmed by the engine coming out - it will be for access

Please don't accept it back until you are happy with it.

Last edited by Fullflush; 23-03-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 23-03-2017, 10:11 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

Its up to Ford to sort out what ever the problem is, it does seem unusual on a brand new car to have a problem so soon but let them have it and only accept it back when you are 100% happy with it.
Old 24-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hundreds of brand new cars have issues, don't worry about it.

Rick