General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fiesta st mk6 smoking!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:29 PM
st220kyle
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default fiesta st mk6 smoking!?

Potentially going to view a fiesta mk6 st, its very cheap but its smoking says the owner. He says its dark smoke not white, no leaks or loss of fluids apparently. Any ideas or common issues? He says he has no idea as not had it looked at. Ive got a feeling he knows what it is and could be something like piston rings as its so so cheap.
thoughts please chaps
Old 04-03-2017, 07:43 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

Black smoke tends to be over fueling, blueish oil burning and white steam/condensation.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:07 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 398 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by st220kyle
Potentially going to view a fiesta mk6 st, its very cheap but its smoking says the owner. He says its dark smoke not white, no leaks or loss of fluids apparently. Any ideas or common issues? He says he has no idea as not had it looked at. Ive got a feeling he knows what it is and could be something like piston rings as its so so cheap.
thoughts please chaps
As studabear has said if it is black smoke it could just be a simple fix to adjust the mixture . You need to go and see it for yourself as the seller could be saying its black smoke as it sounds better than saying its blue smoke which could be signs of engine wear and more serious issues.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
st220kyle
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks chaps, thats the sort of advice I was after. Its local to me so might be worth a look but the fact he is only asking £400 for it says to me he knows its buggered.