General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

overheating problem

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2017, 09:16 PM
craigfocus
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default overheating problem

just thought id ask your advice, the wifes 2010 ford ka has started acting up on her, the heater seems to take ages to warm up and then not very warm, and when getting out if the car the fans are running for a while, and finally tonight it told her to stop the engine and the temp gauge was at the top, any ideas what could be wrong before i take it to the garage, i might just trade it in if its an expensive fix.
Old 28-02-2017, 09:21 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Possible water pump failure.
Old 28-02-2017, 09:31 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 398 Likes on 362 Posts

Could be a faulty thermostat. Simple job to fit a new one.As 3i Jim has said could be the water pump although you usually get noise from it if it is on its way out.
Old 28-02-2017, 09:41 PM
craigfocus
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those 2 things came to mind but i never drive it so the noise thing she would probs not even notice, she only just told me tonight about the fans, would any of these affect the heater? she wants to use my focus till hers is fixed and im worried about my alloys now 😳