General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOT failure

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default MOT failure

Guys

My Land Rover Defender failed it's MOT, stupid bits one being the o/s being pissed. Narrative on failure sheet says 'headlamp aim beam incorrect offside (1.8.A.1b)

Looked online and DVLA's site for this is shite - can someone tell me in plain English which way it needs to be adjusted ?

Cheers !
Old 18-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr S1
Guys

My Land Rover Defender failed it's MOT, stupid bits one being the o/s being pissed. Narrative on failure sheet says 'headlamp aim beam incorrect offside (1.8.A.1b)

Looked online and DVLA's site for this is shite - can someone tell me in plain English which way it needs to be adjusted ?

Cheers !
I would have just asked the MOT centre to adjust it for you.

Sorry, I dont know the answer. My local MOT boys would have failed it, adjusted it and passed it without cost or having to ask.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:03 PM
V6 Ste
Part of the Furniture

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if I am missing something but wait till I goes dark and shine head lights on garage door or a wall. Adjust beam to same as near side ! I know most mot places have a machine they look down for doing this but that method has never failed me . Also as Caddyshack says my local mot lads would just have done it for me . I have been using them for over 30 years though and they have put bulbs etc in and once a couple of litre of fuel when it ran out mid emission test ha ha .
Old 18-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

No, not missing anything mate - I just don't want to have the fucking thing back again if they're not happy with it so asking if there's a 'proper'. I'm happy to find a wall, that's no problem ! Never used this outfit before and never will again, that much I can assure you. Everywhere else I've ever used would have sorted it as well, but not this lot.

Assholes.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:45 PM
V6 Ste
Part of the Furniture

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh right I see what you mean , if you do it yourself they might be a bit arsey about how spot on it is . Have a look later and see how far out it is . If it's a mile out adjust and see what they say . Only other option is to take it another garage and have it done on machine. Sorry not been much help at all really.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:57 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

I think your wrong to start branding them arse holes for not fixing it.if it's failed on a few bits anyway. If it was the only thing wrong then perhaps they would have corrected the issue.

It could be all manner of things like

A fucked light unit
Incorrectly fitted bulb
Completely wrong adjustment.
Old 18-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Not arseholes for not fixing it - their attitudes suck. Slagging customers off they've just had on the phone in front of me ?

Arseholes.
Old 18-11-2016, 02:01 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

Fair enough, they sound a bit unprofessional.