General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Cosworth Hyd clutch conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:28 PM
jamie956
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Cosworth Hyd clutch conversion

Ok so i have a Rayland Hyd clutch conversion with a Helix clutch on a T5 box.

Now i have a noisy release bearing with a really annoying noise that sounds like a tappet has gone,

If you just apply the slightest pressure to the peddle the noise go's, I originally thought the fault lay with the bearing so have just replaced it even though the hole thing has only done 800 miles.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Im thinking about fitting a spring to pull the clutch fork forward and push the bearing onto the cover hopefully doing away with the noise, anyone see any issues with this.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Cosnada
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie956

Now i have a noisy release bearing with a really annoying noise that sounds like a tappet has gone,

If you just apply the slightest pressure to the peddle the noise go's, I originally thought the fault lay with the bearing so have just replaced it even though the hole thing has only done 800 miles.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Im thinking about fitting a spring to pull the clutch fork forward and push the bearing onto the cover hopefully doing away with the noise, anyone see any issues with this.
Speak to Reyland as he is quite passionate about his kits and wants them to work not just from new
Old 08-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie956

The slave cylinder is internally sprung so will always push the bearing against the clutch cover so adding an external pull spring isn't going to help fix your issue. Give me a call when you get a mo and I will run through things to look at.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:07 PM
london_chris

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

thats service !
Old 08-04-2016, 09:45 PM
jamie956

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
The slave cylinder is internally sprung so will always push the bearing against the clutch cover so adding an external pull spring isn't going to help fix your issue. Give me a call when you get a mo and I will run through things to look at.

Cheers Martin, one thing ive been thinking could be the problem is the peddle box its a Tilton floor mount.

The clutch peddle only has one stop so you cant over push the peddle but no stop the other way so if you adjust the M/C rod it just moves the peddle out instead of pushing the m/c rod in.

It only needs the slightest touch on the peddle to stop the bearing noise.