General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rs turbo wireing loom help please!

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Wackyyy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rs turbo wireing loom help please!

Hi guys I'm doin a rs turbo rebuild but the car started out as a 1.8 diesel so I need to put all the rs turbo stuff in it I have got 90% of the stuff, I'm ready to build now I can do a fair bit myself but i have no clue how the wireing loom goes back in is there anybody near my area who would like to do it or help me obviously I will pay them my location is South wales, port talbot I have a garage and willin to spend the hours the car is being done at no expense spared cheers in. Advance thanks Kristian

Last edited by Wackyyy; 16-02-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 17-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Karlos G
Balls Deep!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I would take the opportunity to fit some brand new modern management, going to all the trouble of fitting the old Ford MFI setup or even Ford EFI will probably leave you (or someone else) with hours of fault finding once you try to get it running.
Speak to a local tuner (preferably someone with RS Turbo experience) and go with what they recommend is my advice.
Good luck with the build and get some pics up too mate!
Old 17-02-2015, 12:11 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

I saw on Telly (think it was wheeler dealers?) they took an old wiring loom to a company and they built him a complete new one. Might be a better option than relying on old wiring? Mind u saying that I was speaking to a guy who used to work on old naval helicopters and I asked about the wiring on them and old planes and he pointed at one helicopter from the 70s (can't remember what model) and said that's still got the original wiring and all they do is plug one end into a computer every now and again and it tells them whether there's any shorts in any of the wires. If that can last then anythings possible! He even said some of the planes like u see on ice pilots etc from the 40s and 50s run the original wiring, just checked regularly in maintenance.
Old 18-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Wackyyy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys but I don't know how to change the wireing loom as I've only done basics myself