General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Almost wiped out by a young driver tonight

Search this Thread

Old 19-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Almost wiped out by a young driver tonight

Was on a large local roundabout indicating to come off when a young lass pulled straight onto the roundabout and headed straight over forcing me to abort my exit and take evasive action. Soppy cow was too busy dancing to even realise.

And youngsters moan about their high premiums??
Old 20-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

The stupid bint. These youngens are in there own little world have the time lol.
Old 20-02-2014, 06:48 PM
porterste
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember you were all young once and how the F was she dancing
Old 20-02-2014, 07:38 PM
boy-racer-1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by porterste
you mean youve never seen a stupid blonde tart flapping about in a car dancing on her arse like an idiot? you must be the only one, they all do it, dont think kids/people in general realise big metal hitting big metal at speed can cause death, they all seem to think with an airbag and an iphone in their hand they will be safe, i drive for a living and see it all too much, saw a stupid bitch roll back into a new audi today at a set of lights while they was on their phone
Old 20-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Nick 172 Sport

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porterste
proberly sat on the gear knob lol
Old 20-02-2014, 07:49 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

It's not just the young ones, (agreed, it mostly is!) I came off a roundabout the other night, on to a short bit of dual carrigeway and had some bellend in a BMW coming toward me, some middle aged twat... Swerved to avoid me and nearly hit the car undertaking me, wondering why I'd stopped!
Old 20-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Cossie.jack
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple mouths back i was in the car with a mate and she had only been passed like a week (she is 18) and she stalled it out of a junction into on coming traffic. I honestly thought i was going to die! I cant understand how some people have passed there test.

Trending Topics

Old 20-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Straight_4_N/a
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Funny enough I near enough done this to someone today but wasn't down to not looking, I looked right and all I could see was the sun then I sore a car going infront of the junction so thought right its safe nobody can go because thay have to give way to the white car and guess what some muppet didn't bother waiting for the car and just pulled out in front of him forcing him to stop and nearly crashed Into me.

I know the police would say its my fault because you have to give way to the right but wtf are people crazy today not only running the risk of getting T boned by one car then nearly crashing into me.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Should have bummed her
Old 21-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Korda

Originally Posted by Cossie.jack
Couple mouths back i was in the car with a mate and she had only been passed like a week (she is 18) and she stalled it out of a junction into on coming traffic. I honestly thought i was going to die! I cant understand how some people have passed there test.
Anyone can pass the test only got to drive well for an hr or so
Old 21-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Mrs mate at work got a call. She'd been hit by a car coming out of a side street. The car hit hers so hard it smashed her across the road into a shop window.

Kids in the car as well.

Car that hit her was speeding, 4 people in it and the driver passed his test 2 days before.

Ficking about showing off.

Stupid prick
Old 21-02-2014, 10:19 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Was on a large local roundabout indicating to come off when a young lass pulled straight onto the roundabout and headed straight over forcing me to abort my exit and take evasive action. Soppy cow was too busy dancing to even realise.

And youngsters moan about their high premiums??
Bet she still pays less insurance than I do
Old 21-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by boy-racer-1
you mean youve never seen a stupid blonde tart flapping about in a car dancing on her arse like an idiot? you must be the only one, they all do it, dont think kids/people in general realise big metal hitting big metal at speed can cause death, they all seem to think with an airbag and an iphone in their hand they will be safe, i drive for a living and see it all too much, saw a stupid bitch roll back into a new audi today at a set of lights while they was on their phone
The amount of young drivers texting drives me mad. Young girl today on the white line as she was too busy texting
Old 21-02-2014, 07:16 PM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This week old people here have caused air ambulances to be called out to there accidents one ran his wife over as she went to pay for his fuel and one went head on into someone and in the end four cars where damaged but there premiums are as cheap as chips
Old 21-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

I went and bought a car tonight, in an area I dint know. the wife and kids took me over so found a mcdonalds to give the kids some tea as it was about 6:30pm by the time we left.

so I follow her out the carpark, no road marking whatsoever and I just drive out of the carpark as a car is coming thinking I had right of way...

well, I didn't lol

genuine mistake and I got a blast on the horn for it. my fault yes, but these things can sometimes happen.

I used to do over 50k miles a year, I have seen some incredible driving skills during that time but now I do 10 miles each way to work every day and I don't miss driving one bit!

but I agree on the new drivers thing, a friends lad put his new to him corsa on its side in a ditch. coppers said he wasn't speeding. the road was straight. he was on his own... so what could have distracted him..?
Old 21-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just because you do X miles a year (or used to) doesn't mean your standard of driving is good.
Old 21-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

ha, I never said mine was. but I have seen some far worse lol!
Old 21-02-2014, 10:59 PM
stuboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

lad in a corsa came flying round blind corner near were my mate lives... he shoot round corners locked up and skidded just before crashing headon... my son was with me he shouted as thought gonna be crashed intoo.. then the lad started shouting for me to back up whilst he was swearing at me so i just sat and waited while he struggles to reverse around the corner.
Old 22-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Bailes1992
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I think blaming young drivers is wrong but saying that The worst driving out there I see if usually young girls.
When my sister first passed her test she didn't know the difference between sidelights and headlights and she had to drive with the interior light on so she knew was gear she was in!

Saying that last night I was driving around a roundabout in Cardiff, was just about to start merging outward a to exit and some middle aged woman in a cmax decides to pull out and drive along side me meaning I couldn't merge out or exit.
Old 22-02-2014, 08:33 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

As ive said before young drivers are taught how to pass a test not drive a car correctly.

Basics like how to operate a cars lights heaters etc just don't happen. And most instructors are old farts who can't do much else.

Blind leading the blind lol
Old 22-02-2014, 08:44 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

just limit all new drivers to little put put scooters to give them a sense of what its like to be on the road, then graduate them to small put put cars before letting them out in bigger motors

if you spent 2 years driving a little bike, with something like a digicard to show when you were driving and logging your hours and speeds etc it would change everyone in a matter of minutes

with the technology they have nowadays it would be easy to see how someone was fiddling the system and easy to catch people who didn't have the relevant paperwork

they already ask you to upgrade your license every 10 years so why not retake a simple test as well?
Old 22-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's a different vehicle though Dojj so wouldn't work.

If they applied limitations as they do a bike licence ( I know you can pass without limitations) and limit new drivers to engine capacity or power out put.

Although this doesn't stop dick heads in 1.0 saxo's screaming about.

The best thing is for more in depth training. Class room work, car maintainance, skid pan work.

But agreed not all new drivers are bad. I taught my mrs and she is a good driver. Still building confidence and learning but far better than te average driver.

And I tought her after she had 1 lesson as I thought what the instructor tought was bollocks. And in her test the only minors she got was doing what her instructor told her to do (as apparently you don't have to indicate when pulling away any more)
Old 22-02-2014, 10:30 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Similar thing happened to me last night but then i noticed the green P in the rear, find it odd that a new driver can't understand the concept of a roundabout
Old 22-02-2014, 05:19 PM
foxy06

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally think its human nature.

I aspired to drive when i was young, and dreamed about it etc and cars, like any petrolhead, because of that i was always gonna do what it took to achieve it and learn how to drive to gain the best experience/enjoyment and such

A car to some people is simply a solution to saving the lazy ba$tard a walk, or using public transport etc, they have no intention or interest in learning proper use of the road system, a bit of common decency at junctions etc.

Unfortunately there seems to be more and more of these people on the roads these days.
Old 22-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Kevin_Mc

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i see terrible driving all the fucking time, it does my tits in - i regularly drive from Glasgow to Oban on some motorway and mostly single carriageway A-roads and the amount of cunts that don't indicate is unreal. Admittedly i speed in 60 limits and on the motorway, sometimes by a fair amount, but i always use my indicators, don't tailgate and make sure i'm aware of my surroundings and other traffic, always expecting the unexpected. The people that really bug me are the drivers that sit at 40mph in the 60 limits, i overtake them and then in 30mph villages they sit right up my arse only for me to leave them for dead in the 60s again. Its like they must do 40 everywhere they go. The amount of people i've stopped from getting a speeding ticket in 30 limits must be in the teens as there's always speed traps in the villages where i stick to the limits religiously.

Also, the other day i was approaching a roundabout with three exits, one to the left, one carrying on the same road straight ahead and one to the right. The car in front of me indicated to go left and carried on straight ahead. Prick. I indicated right and as i started to turn round the roundabout a car from the second exit (so, to my left) pulled out in front of me. I had to stop and so did he. I then started to pull away again and he did the same to the guy behind me. And the same to the guy behind him. All of us were indicating. Fucking numbskull.

Talking of young drivers, my girlfriend's sister crashed her boyfriend's Golf GTi yesterday. Shes a terrible driver, and traded her Mini One in to use his remapped 230bhp Golf. She drives it like she's on fire everywhere she goes, completely clueless as to what's going on around her and yesterday it caught her out. She hit an Audi TT on the motorway as they both went for the same gap - she was too busy craning her neck looking over her left shoulder for some reason ad went right into the back of the guy. Ł3k repair to the Golf, fuck knows how much to the TT and Ł1k excess gone. Tit.
Old 22-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_Mc
i she was too busy craning her neck looking over her left shoulder for some reason ad went right into the back of the guy. Ł3k repair to the Golf, fuck knows how much to the TT and Ł1k excess gone. Tit.
And i bet she was on HIS policy so its his NCB thats gone and on paper and for the statistics its an accident down against a MAN.

I wonder how the crash figures would turn out if they were adjusted to take into account women crashing on thier mans policy and womens car park dinks and scrapes.
Old 23-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
And i bet she was on HIS policy so its his NCB thats gone and on paper and for the statistics its an accident down against a MAN.

I wonder how the crash figures would turn out if they were adjusted to take into account women crashing on thier mans policy and womens car park dinks and scrapes.
I had that very same conversation with some friends only a week or so ago
Old 23-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Kevin_Mc

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren

Of course she was!
Old 23-02-2014, 05:22 AM
ST Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a woman do the same thing to me lastnight while she was leaving a hospital car park!