General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Brands Hatch Performance Warning

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2013, 04:26 PM
jamie956
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Brands Hatch Performance Warning

Hi All

I thought I would just share this as a warning if you where thinking of using Brands Hatch Performance as my experience hasn't been very good.

I placed an order with Clint early March this year for a Yb engine loom and was told 1 week to complete so In good faith I paid in full up front, after 3-4 weeks and not receiving the loom I E mailed another couple of weeks later got a reply saying the loom is nearly done and will be with you soon.

Another 3-4 weeks later still no loom E mailed again reply I got was ''Im in Florida will catch up next week'' next week comes and go's still no loom, so managed to get a mobile number and sent a text got a reply saying the loom was complete but needed to be tested before it could be sent again will be with you soon.

At this point were well into June still no loom and yet more excuses.

Now were into July I see the bad news that Clint was taken seriously Ill In witch he has my full sympathy, with this in mind I wait another 8-10 weeks before trying to make contact again with little success I assume he is still recovering so leave it a number of weeks until I see some activity on the Forum.

Make contact again in September to be told that actually he is unable to now make the loom which i was previously told was already made and will have to refund me, were now at the end of October and after sending a number of mails still have no refund.

Now I am a very reasonable person I think I have been more than fair, I'm not going to knock the bloke but this really isn't the way to treat people.

I'm now left with no other option but to file a claim with the small claims court and see if I can get my money back that way.

Jamie
Old 27-10-2013, 04:59 PM
theheap
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has nothing to do with me yet it's pissing me off.
You're a better man then me mate. After week 2 i would have been at someones street door.
In my opinion fuck the claim. Go to the address and demand your money there and then if no monies then start removing stuff.
You have been mugged off from the start. So go return the mugging.
Old 27-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Longdog3004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the same place that does the engine rebuilds?
Old 27-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's on Turbosport that he's not well!
Old 27-10-2013, 06:16 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

If the fella is not well then fair enough, but it seems a common theme with these threads that people are paying in full up front, why?!
Old 27-10-2013, 06:19 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

whats the score with people these days paying for things up front before the works started? and why wouldnt you knock the bloke when hes lied and cheated you?
give me a shout when your looking for some buiding work done.

Last edited by fuzzy; 27-10-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 27-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Ill or not, that amount of time and excuses/lies is unacceptable.

Be ruthless to get your money back otherwise your in for a ball ache going through court. My best friend is taking a tuner through court and it has been going on for nearly 2 years.

Never again.
Old 27-10-2013, 06:39 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

its amazing how many people get ill when theyve got people chasing them for money.
Old 27-10-2013, 06:45 PM
boy-racer-1

We'll he's not well but he's had plenty of time to sort this problem now, does he not have a misses he could just get to sort the refund for him or something? I think some people take on these wiring loom jobs never having done one before and think its a diddle until they make a start on it, has taken me over 21 hours in total so far making mine and it's still not finished
Old 16-02-2014, 10:02 PM
IWHANTONE
Virgin

Default Brandshatchperformance.com

Is this not the same guy that is selling on Ebay under the name m00gle?
Old 17-02-2014, 04:32 AM
STeve

Received 865 Likes on 693 Posts

if the service provider can not complete an order for whatever reason he should refund then once in a position to complete or carry out the work, they should contact customer to see if they are still interested, common sense really and as for paying fully for work up front it screams to me you have licence to mug me off
Old 17-02-2014, 09:41 AM
jamie956

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Just an up date on this, I received a refund last month after but only after hassling him on turbosport,

The reason i paid up front is after doing some homework on the guy everyone said he was OK, after contacting him he said he could do the loom in 7-10 days. So i trusted him and paid up front I guess that’s where i went wrong.

It seams more and more people are selling/trading on these forums now may be the MOD's should look at introducing a feed back or trusted seller system, rather than just handing over a tenner to be able to sell you should be an active member for a min period of time.
Old 17-02-2014, 10:02 AM
IWHANTONE
Virgin

There is another guy selling Cosworth looms on Ebay, he goes under the name of bremaxelectronicsltd and has a turbo engine loom listed at the moment. His website is www.bremax.co.uk and contact number is 01785336999
Old 02-05-2024, 09:29 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamahoss
I ordered a $700 limited slip differential from Brands Hatch Performance, and after a week and dozens of emails to this guy, I didnt even so much as get a response back. It says on his website that items ship out within 24 hours, which is a lie. I waited over a week and then tried to contact him on multiple different platforms; Ebay, his company support email, and even on Facebook. This guy didnt even respond to my emails and my part is just sitting on the status of "ordered". Not Shipped, no response, this guy just took my money and ignores your attempts to contact. DO NOT BUY FROM BRANDS HATCH PERFORMANCE!!! You are better off spending a little more money elsewhere and ensuring that your part gets delivered. F this guy. What a scumbag.

A 10 year old thread, new member....allegedly in Texas, buying from the UK, and $700 is an American price, not British, and extremely cheap for a diff if true...

You sound like a spambot.