General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Newbie figured out photos.. mk3 progress with pics..

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Jamiemk3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie figured out photos.. mk3 progress with pics..

Hi guys!

I've finally think i've got the photo system figured out. So far i'm going to show my updates, i'm only 18 and on a low payed job! I'm also not a mechanic everything i know i've picked up from listening to my mates and watching them.

First of all i bought the mk3 off ebay.. the guy assured me the car was in a good nick.. until i got it on the motorway on the way back that is when the first problem occured. Little did i know my fan was not working, sitting in traffic watching the heating bar go up i couldn't of been any more upset and nervous! Decided to start playing tetris with the traffic and eventually cooled it down by the cold breeze haha.

So got it home in one piece, the door had a massive scrape on it i knew of so just pushed it in and used my best mate filler.. sprayed it over however it reacted sadly.. tried again.. it reacted but wasnt as bad reaction. So just left it for the time being.. Then i moved my way to the petrol arch which looked quite bad.. little did i know once i started removing the layer and layer and layer and layer of paint been chucked on it i came to what i found as.. a rust hole. So fibre glass etc no weilding not good enough for that lol, reacted first time once again so tried again... reacted 2nd once again not that bad.. so kind of dealed with it and left it, i knew once i put the kit on it would cover most of it anyway.. cheap mods i know but i can't afford a full resto yet.

Bodywork is now done to an extent.. well so i thought.. but i'll get to that later, stuck a headunit in it and a nice sub, sorry but i love the bass and it came with no speakers.. so put two mac audios in the front for some sound..

So i bought a fan switch.. which i then missplaced and havent found since so bridged the wires so that it's permantely on.. will eventually either find it or buy another.

Then my mate had a 1.8 sierra carb laying around and i thought yeah why not so stuck a 1.8 sierra carb on a 1.4 cvh and lost my old carb in the trash.. regretted it too this day as im doing about 15 miles to £10.. but hey ho.

Finally last but not least sprayed the kit as it was red and stuck it on, the tiger seal i bought was faulty and smashed it up so no chance of a refund lol.. Also bought the rs turbo bonnet off someone on here who was stripping out a 2.1cvh mk3, didn't see the ad on here through a friend of a friend, what a mean car that was..

So bonnets on, the kits on.. doors fixed from scrape to an extent and the rust had been treated and sprayed to an extent.

So after all this had been done my car was turning heads, which was what i would hope.. as i've always wanted a rs turbo.. sadly cant afford insurance so a rep will have to do until i can buy an engine for a swap.. Now it was really raining the other day and i noticed my door was leaking.. another problem.. it leaked all over one of my new speakers so now have lost sound on drivers side.. just seems problem after problem so will try and get that fixed..

If you have any ideas on what i should do next please tell me it's all welcome

This is the Rust

This one is when i saw the add on ebay before i touched it..

This is how it looks currently with green strips etc..

This was putting the kit on!
Old 18-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Jamiemk3

Right so i still haven't figured out the pictures after making a photobucket account..
Old 18-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Seaneylad

i use imageshack.us

and use the forum code when uploaded
it shows the pic fine just clicking on pic and doesnt re direct you to photo bucket.
Old 18-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Jamiemk3

Ok that's good. Not many people commenting with ideas though!
Old 20-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Looks like it’s had a patch already