General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mondeo drivers window wont work

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
somervillearron
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo drivers window wont work

hey

this is my very first post,nice to meet everyone!

well,i have a 2002 pre facelift mondeo tddi

i bought some heated electric seats from the scrappys for £50!!! and there is not a mark on them

its alex mcmeekin in lanark,his parts are dirt cheap and they will haggle they generally crush the cars with the interior in them so thats why they are so cheap

anyway i fitted all my seats no problem they worked when i plugged them in,they are the fully electric ones. but when i tried my drivers window it wont go down it doesnt even click or anything but the other windows are fine even from the drivers door switches.

the strange part is when i unplug the electric seats the window works!!!

so i was thinking it would be the relay thats the problem,does the window share a relay?if so i was thinking maybe theres only one switch inside the relay on the models with no electric seats and basically my seat is using it so the window wont work

i took all the relays from the car i took the seats from,so i will have the relay there

i just find this very strange

please someone help me i would greatly apresiate it

SO THE WINDOW WORKS WHEN THE SEAT IS UNPLUGGED BUT WONT WHEN IT IS PLUGGED IN

THANKS GUYS!!!