General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ive 8K..what car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Many thanks Paynee , i'll rp you when forum says i can

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
I didn't realise finance was going to be involved.

IMHO, if you need to have finance on something, you can't afford to own it, so don't buy it.
Harsh maybe, but that's my view on things.

Fella im EXACTLY same principle as you i pay cash or dont have..

My income is sorted, its easily covered if i loose my work by my misses wage, and all bills still be payed on the dot, only way it wouldnt be is if we both lost our income's, then id personally hand the car back without a single squeek of hate to the FC if i couldnt find payment, wont be hard considering the length's ive gone/going to both past and present for work/money

sadly cirs drive the option for me.
plus my frst aint going to be fixed anytime soon, im done with 2k snotter's as fill in's, and hopefully you'll have a touch of empathy to my point above, its to help my fam out most of all hence if i have to i'll do whatever it takes be it finance or not, i work hard for my doe i aint soppy enough to fritter it on mars bars, unless battered of course

cheers again for your input though
Old 02-10-2013, 04:36 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraggle...
Many thanks Paynee , i'll rp you when forum says i can

Fella im EXACTLY same principle as you i pay cash or dont have..

My income is sorted, its easily covered if i loose my work by my misses wage, and all bills still be payed on the dot, only way it wouldnt be is if we both lost our income's, then id personally hand the car back without a single squeek of hate to the FC if i couldnt find payment, wont be hard considering the length's ive gone/going to both past and present for work/money

sadly cirs drive the option for me.
plus my frst aint going to be fixed anytime soon, im done with 2k snotter's as fill in's, and hopefully you'll have a touch of empathy to my point above, its to help my fam out most of all hence if i have to i'll do whatever it takes be it finance or not, i work hard for my doe i aint soppy enough to fritter it on mars bars, unless battered of course

cheers again for your input though
Sorry, battered Mars bars? Did I read that correctly?

I understand though, I guess being around friends that all have their cars on finance, but realistically can't afford it has put a negative view on it.
Fair play doing it for the benefit of your family though
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Sorry, battered Mars bars? Did I read that correctly?

I understand though, I guess being around friends that all have their cars on finance, but realistically can't afford it has put a negative view on it.
Fair play doing it for the benefit of your family though

Yup id waste a few quid on them, mind ive earnt a few quid from battered objects in past, kingscross were good to me hence i like the taste of summit battered i suppose

Genuinely though i know your point, it is my feeling towards finance too, same as you i seen too many soppy's hilt up an not be able to pay

But again i respect/appreciate the op fella, do wish i had 10k cash to avoid it really but atmo i dont, man gonna do what he gotta sadly, although an Evo would soften the blow
Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
T.E.D. Jordan
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Financing something does your credit score good, but also, leaves room for any nasty unexpected things that happen to be covered. I put a 12k deposit down on a brand new vehicle in march and financed the rest. I could've paid for it outright but at the time I was interested in a house which I wanted a decent deposit for, but also it would've needed a roof immediately.

If I hadn't of financed the vehicle I would've considerably eaten into that money to a point where I would've struggled to buy the house nevermind putting a roof on it.

Different situations, but decent reason for finance.

Jordan
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
mjonathan24
PassionFord Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finance isnt all bad. You have the option to over pay on your monthly payments without charge (unlike a loan). You also have the benefit of the halves and thirds rule which has helped quite a few people out in the past.
Plus everyone says that finance is more expensive, not always the case. I have a current finance deal at 8.1%apr which is good by any standards.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
JamieMS
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't understand why people say the ST isn't fast? I've had a number of so called fast cars including the Cosworth and I am more than happy with the ST. My ST2 only has the dreamscience perf+ map and it is enough for a daily drive with plenty of performance upgrades available from key Ford tuners if required.
For Ł8K you will get a really nice facelift ST3 with a few toys, just don't get one with the keyless start option if you want to keep it for more than one night.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Originally Posted by T.E.D. Jordan
Financing something does your credit score good, but also, leaves room for any nasty unexpected things that happen to be covered. I put a 12k deposit down on a brand new vehicle in march and financed the rest. I could've paid for it outright but at the time I was interested in a house which I wanted a decent deposit for, but also it would've needed a roof immediately.

If I hadn't of financed the vehicle I would've considerably eaten into that money to a point where I would've struggled to buy the house nevermind putting a roof on it.

Different situations, but decent reason for finance.

Jordan

I do completely agree with crow's point above, but like you i do see it as a positive as well, end of day its the having the respect that finance is a thankfully for me at least im very lucky to have got, and yeah hopefully it'll pay off for my credit score too.

Originally Posted by mjonathan24
Finance isnt all bad. You have the option to over pay on your monthly payments without charge (unlike a loan). You also have the benefit of the halves and thirds rule which has helped quite a few people out in the past.
Plus everyone says that finance is more expensive, not always the case. I have a current finance deal at 8.1%apr which is good by any standards.
Just had an in-depth read of that rule, many thanks again fella, you've been incredibly helpfull with that extra heads up, was just reading through all the pitfull's before i go sign the line...hopefully

hopefully i'll report back soon with the possib;e done deal..........
Old 03-10-2013, 03:24 PM
L1AM_RS
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Octavia vRS...

I miss mine. Kicked its head in from time to time and still never ever let me down!

No way near as agressive as an evo or scooby, but for the running costs and fuel bill...Its not far off !
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Originally Posted by L1AM_RS
Octavia vRS...

I miss mine. Kicked its head in from time to time and still never ever let me down!

No way near as agressive as an evo or scooby, but for the running costs and fuel bill...Its not far off !

Gotta admit i have warmed to them, cheers fella

Thing is ive always been an 80/90's boost addict, owned nowt else over 1992
ive driven most of the motors in my idea's range and yeah they do shift but im still struggling to get used to the size,weight and just general moderness of them, plus all this low pillars malarky, frst i can see a pin fromm 500 ft, st its 5ft

TBH i just cant seem to pedal an warm to the FST like i can/have my frst, i know comparing the two is like comparing delia to nigella but its really starting to annoy me as sensible head says you need to be a grown up, heart and demon's are pulling me back to the old skool and or Evo's as im just addicted to that raw rush the old hatch's give

I need therapy b4 i blow it an buy a saph
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM
scortpower
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamieMS
I can't understand why people say the ST isn't fast? I've had a number of so called fast cars including the Cosworth and I am more than happy with the ST. My ST2 only has the dreamscience perf+ map and it is enough for a daily drive with plenty of performance upgrades available from key Ford tuners if required.
For Ł8K you will get a really nice facelift ST3 with a few toys, just don't get one with the keyless start option if you want to keep it for more than one night.
I was wondering the same thing. A standard st isnt that quick but a remapped st is completely different. I'm running stage 3 mods and it certainly doesnt hang around.
A st is a great everyday car and is comfortable on long journeys.
You really need to narrow your search down and go do some test driving. Everyone will rate certain cars but its not them having to drive it or live with it.