General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Well done to AG Motorsport P1 in TA qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 30-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
, shame about the black flag but missing 7 black flags is quite bad tbh considering he is a race licence holder not a track day novice
)
Fucking Brilliant you couldnt of invented it !! could you ?
Old 30-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
I'd love to have a go at this in a few years but i doubt my car in its current form would pass the tech regs due to chopped up chassis/4wd etc let alone once ive made a carbon monococque and registered it through IVA.

Although i note it says any recognised manufacture so i could always set up a £49.99 limited company called "psycho warrens cars ltd" and name it "psycho one" as a manufactured low volume car and then advertise it at £6 billion so it never sells.
Warren you make me laugh.Your off your tits.
Old 30-09-2013, 05:56 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay,
Gareth's evo is on the money isnt it
Not particularly, Andrew hasn't driven that track for years, the car for years, it's massively up on power since last time and wasn't even on fresh slicks.

Gareth is a pro driver. Hes in the car and on track all year round, if Andrew had beaten him in the finals it would have been a monumental achievement. It's a shame what happened did, I think everyone was caught up in the moment.
If he gets to run again I beleive Andrew will hand him his arse as he was absolutely flying and the car and driver have alot to give!
Old 30-09-2013, 05:57 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Fucking Brilliant you couldnt of invented it !! could you ?
Tbh looking at how mental it was to drive I don't think I'd have seen anything other than black Tarmac
Old 30-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Does anyone know what time the Touring cars get round in??
Old 30-09-2013, 06:03 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by Staffi
Does anyone know what time the Touring cars get round in??
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&tabletype=gif
Old 30-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

That's great, thanks big man, very intersting
Old 30-09-2013, 06:14 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone...?
Old 30-09-2013, 06:32 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by PF Ben
Sorry, I'm being a bit thick here can someone please clarify something -

As it's space framed, is this car legible or not to compete in the TA competition?

Ben
They say no but let him do one round"

What's more strange is the "beetle" that's running as a competitor.. Face fits sorta deal as that thing can't fit the rules
Old 30-09-2013, 06:36 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeh cos that was space framed cos I had a nose round it when they was doing the box
Old 30-09-2013, 07:39 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the beetle had some bad luck
Old 30-09-2013, 07:44 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

What happened gus? Thing let go about five feet infront of us, made a hell of a rattle and coasted down paddock hill
Old 30-09-2013, 07:49 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeh big time but they didn't mess about fixing it, also feel for the car that sucked up a stone I walked past the pit as they was pulling bits of metal out of the turbo housing, I think is was down the golf coming off at paddock hill and bringing all the stones on the track
Old 30-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by James @ M Developments.
The car was flying all day and Andy was on form

If the lap time i heard was correct, he would have been well clear at the top, just in the wrong session

We almost did the same as there was 2 versions of the timetable foating around, and they split the finals which is not normal.
45.2 0

On the sheet we had it said

Club challenge final
Club challenge final

But on the revised sheet it was

Club challenge n/a / fwd final
Club challenge rwd / 4wd final

And was the same for the club pro boys ie AG.....
Old 30-09-2013, 08:01 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

driver said someones crank bolt went thro his rocker cover!

whats the chances

went in and lunched the engine
Old 30-09-2013, 09:24 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by gus
driver said someones crank bolt went thro his rocker cover!

whats the chances

went in and lunched the engine
No way! I can't see how a crank bolt can even get at that engine it's tucked up in the back of it!
Old 30-09-2013, 09:26 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
The Nr car is privately run and owner it is not a big budget tuner car which IMO makes that car even more impressive.

Mark
From what little I've seen following TA on the MLR, videos etc... It seems the engine that you've built and mapped has been a gem
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 AM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I'd love to do a round or 2 of this next year in my AG built fiesta
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by J1mbo
Not particularly, Andrew hasn't driven that track for years, the car for years, it's massively up on power since last time and wasn't even on fresh slicks.

Gareth is a pro driver. Hes in the car and on track all year round, if Andrew had beaten him in the finals it would have been a monumental achievement. It's a shame what happened did, I think everyone was caught up in the moment.
If he gets to run again I beleive Andrew will hand him his arse as he was absolutely flying and the car and driver have alot to give!

LOL really btcc cars do a 48 with 300 bhp dtm 42 secs Gareth does a consistent 45 with 600bhp withh nearly half the claimed bhp ! But i forgot the might AG with all the rally car and race experience went out in the wrong session and forgot what a black flad was for because he was excited Ibet he has a arsehole like a wizzards sleeve after this thread
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Jay you talk more shite than 10 arses lol just you stick to making fiberglass/carbon doors fibron
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
J1mbo
B1mbo

LOL really btcc cars do a 48 with 300 bhp dtm 42 secs Gareth does a consistent 45 with 600bhp withh nearly half the claimed bhp ! But i forgot the might AG with all the rally car and race experience went out in the wrong session and forgot what a black flad was for because he was excited Ibet he has a arsehole like a wizzards sleeve after this thread
Turn moron mode off for a minute FFS

Look at the link I posted above, they do 49sec flat, maybe a 48.995 iirc was fastest.
Gareth has 970bhp last time I checked and does 46.8 so your a little off with them figures unless your talking of a completely different car which would be silly really
There is no need to be critical to Andrew, it was a mad rush to get the front pulley issue sorted he saw the cars line up and he went. He also went out on full boost which the car was nearly undrivable with and was on one so I don't think he was caring too much.
The only place black flags were waved was start finish just as your getting on the brakes from 150.
The other Marshall posts waved no black flags as I checked every lap.
It happens and I'm sure Andrew is pissed off but what it did show is that the car is more than capable to roll with the top boys who have years of development and seat time so only good things to come from the ford scene
Maybe you should go get your evo back jay as clearly your not a supporter of the ford scene for TA as taking the piss isn't going to help anybody.

Much love
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a bit sad that there are 3 pages of usual bolloxs, arse kissing, slagging off about someone who was only there for one race and yet someone who is on this forum and in a Ford, and wins his championship!!! only gets 2 pages of well dones!

PF at its best!

Last edited by DanCossie; 01-10-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I dont think Andy going out in the wrong session is his fault,

As we said we almost did the same, the final had been split into two groups, so when we saw Mark Donelly going out in his final we all thought we were going out aswell as we had been running in his session all day,
But the final was on this ocassion different for some reason,
Andy may well have spotted a car he had been out with all day going out and assumed it was his session,

The two different timetables also didnt help this!

Also, the cars sit in the pit lane waiting to go out on track for a good 3-5 mins, and as far as im aware the marshalls are responsible for who they let out on track, So why was he ever allowed out there? they should have stopped him in the que and not let him out.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I wonder if something like this would be allowed to compete:

http://www.murtayasportscars.co.uk/

Recognised low volume car with a composite monococque chassis??

Thing i dont get with the "spaceframe" rule is that why was a TVR allowed to race then?? A TVR is a spaceframe with composite bodywork.

Or is there a lot of "face fits" going on??

Especially as said the beetle, norris's evo with suspension points moved about 2 foot (cutting 2 foot out the chassis moves the suspension points relative to original car....).

What about a carbon monococque?? nothing in the rules about that??
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM
R-A-J
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by carlo
Jay you talk more shite than 10 arses lol just you stick to making fiberglass/carbon doors fibron
just spat me brew out to that one pmsl!

Look at the link I posted above, they do 49sec flat, maybe a 48.995 iirc was fastest.
Gareth has 970bhp last time I checked and does 46.8 so your a little off with them figures unless your talking of a completely different car which would be silly really
There is no need to be critical to Andrew, it was a mad rush to get the front pulley issue sorted he saw the cars line up and he went. He also went out on full boost which the car was nearly undrivable with and was on one so I don't think he was caring too much.
The only place black flags were waved was start finish just as your getting on the brakes from 150.
It happens and I'm sure Andrew is pissed off but what it did show is that the car is more than capable to roll with the top boys who have years of development and seat time so only good things to come from the ford scene
Maybe you should go get your evo back jay as clearly your not a supporter of the ford scene for TA as taking the piss isn't going to help anybody.

Much love
I used to do some work for CPR, when they were still going (2 or so years ago)this car was around 700+bhp (as they built it) and as far as I know its not gareths car, the owner gets/pays? him to drive it. Its a fantastic evo, im just a bit sceptical how the car got to where it has today lol

It would be great if Charlie & Andrew would be up for doing TA 2014 and im sure all of us would be more than up for supporting them! they have the extra power now so it may be time to look into a revised aero/handling setup to try and reduce the lit wheels on full boost.

Jimbo me and gus spoke to the beetle driver and to be fair he was proper gutted, kept saying what are the fookin chances of that happening lol. Said he will be back bigger and stronger next year.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
SiZT

Gareth wasn't driving the CPR evo this year, he was driving the SVA Imports one. I have a feeling Jay is talking about a different Gareth too?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think he ment Gavin Renshaw.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM
SiZT

Originally Posted by Miller 3
I think he ment Gavin Renshaw.
Who also didn't go down in to the 45's, so I haven't got a clue who Jay is on about
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM
R-A-J
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by SiZT
Gareth wasn't driving the CPR evo this year, he was driving the SVA Imports one. I have a feeling Jay is talking about a different Gareth too?
Hi sizt,

is it the same car though? as in chassis etc as besides the livery it did look the same. It went like stink anyhow
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by carlo

That wasnt my job are you confused Carlo but im sure He got what he ordered isnt my problem as i have never made carbon reinforced with glass lol but who the fuck calls it fibron pmsl

Last edited by Jay,; 01-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Much love

Jesus Jim you were straight off the hook into the pan hey

tbh Jim i hate TA which i have stated numerous times And I am just taking the piss as you know LOL ! But what is serious is the amount of 2 legged butt plugs Andy has
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
I'd love to have a go at this in a few years but i doubt my car in its current form would pass the tech regs due to chopped up chassis/4wd etc let alone once ive made a carbon monococque and registered it through IVA.

Although i note it says any recognised manufacture so i could always set up a £49.99 limited company called "psycho warrens cars ltd" and name it "psycho one" as a manufactured low volume car and then advertise it at £6 billion so it never sells.

I reckon as your car stands its ok, doesn't seem to be a problem with modified floorpans etc, as for carbon monococque, fuck knows!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanCossie
It is a bit sad that there are 3 pages of usual bolloxs, arse kissing, slagging off about someone who was only there for one race and yet someone who is on this forum and in a Ford, and wins his championship!!! only gets 2 pages of well dones!

PF at its best!
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Jesus Jim you were straight off the hook into the pan hey

tbh Jim i hate TA which i have stated numerous times And I am just taking the piss as you know LOL ! But what is serious is the amount of 2 legged butt plugs Andy has
Wether or not your on wind up harsh sprung to mind Ps I'll bell you later was on lathe when you called so didn't hear
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM
SiZT

Originally Posted by R-A-J
Hi sizt,

is it the same car though? as in chassis etc as besides the livery it did look the same. It went like stink anyhow
Different AFAIK, the orange car is now raced under the name Bob Moore racing I think. The SVA car is one of the best on the field in terms of gadgets, has paddle shift, runs nitrous etc, etc...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM
PF Ben

They say no but let him do one round"

What's more strange is the "beetle" that's running as a competitor.. Face fits sorta deal as that thing can't fit the rules
In that case, the title of this thread and main thrust of it is incorrect! If a car which is not legible to run in a championship due to build / any other regs compliance then it is not comparable!

It's not "quicker than the Pro Class guys" because it doesn't adhere to regs! It's not "quick enough to get pole", because it doesn't adhere to regs! It's like bigging up how quick a Formula 3 car is if it did a lap amongst Formula Ford cars... totally irrelevant!

I love the car, but this thread is horseshit!

Ben
Old 02-10-2013, 11:51 AM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by PF Ben
In that case, the title of this thread and main thrust of it is incorrect! If a car which is not legible to run in a championship due to build / any other regs compliance then it is not comparable!

It's not "quicker than the Pro Class guys" because it doesn't adhere to regs! It's not "quick enough to get pole", because it doesn't adhere to regs! It's like bigging up how quick a Formula 3 car is if it did a lap amongst Formula Ford cars... totally irrelevant!

I love the car, but this thread is horseshit!

Ben
I believe next year the car will be allowed (although I'm going from what I've read on facebook) so if that's the case then that changes things.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM
PF Ben

Absolutely it does - it will make threads like this valid and give the other drivers something to actually worry about!

Ben