General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

need a kick......

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2013, 06:21 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default need a kick......

....up the arse

my RS (focus) has sat in the garage unloved for 6 months, since moving in and the little one is now 15 months and running around i havent had much time for it.

ive owned it 5 years now, its done 120k and is a little rough around the edges, (bit of paint and correction needed)

ive got new comps to go on it, new tyres, it needs a new flexi and some tax but other than a charge of the battery thats it.

been thinking of either, selling it whole, or keeping it as i know its a good one, and getting all the jobs done that i haven't bothered with previously, as it used to be a daily driver (i have a 5 series now).

is it worth while, stripping it, sorting it painting it, and will i still be left with the same car, or should i not spend the cash and move onto something else.

my new place has a garage (where its resided) and i have been lazy and not bothered to take it out in months.

just looking for some inspiration, always wanted a minter in the garage, but as a daily driver that was never an option, is it worth while restoring a car, so abundant on the used car market?

just looking for some opinions guys

cheers
Old 19-07-2013, 07:34 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Restore it now to sell you will never see a return on your cash. Restore it to keep for years to come would be a good idea then enjoy it every now and again so it still feels special.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:00 PM
justin st13
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieST
Restore it now to sell you will never see a return on your cash. Restore it to keep for years to come would be a good idea then enjoy it every now and again so it still feels special.
X2 I clean and maintain my st but hardly drive it and thought of selling it, but when I do drive it I can't sale it. Restore it and enjoy it.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:20 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieST
That's what I was thinking, if I'm not using it all the time or for work it will stay nice, must say I can't wait to get it back out, it's just the numbers.

Insurance 500
Tax 280
Flexi 150
Service and belts 300

That's 1200 quid just to get it vack on the road