General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sales dispute, opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM
StephTell
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sales dispute, opinions please!

Right then, I sold an item to a member of another site and here's what happened:

I sold a mint motorcycle frame to user A for 400 including shipping from Holland wich is dirt cheap by any standards, the frame being a ZX10R frame.

User A then decided to sell his crashdamaged bike for wich he needed the frame to user B and therefor no longer needs the frame, but soon enough user B made it know he wanted the frame instead of user A.
After stating this he asked me to knock off another 50 of the already very low price and for some reason I did this...bloke telling me the crashdamagd bike was worse than he thought and money was tight etc.

Money was paid, the frame was packed and sent off.

Now I get an e-mail stating that the frame has arrived but the exhaustmount has snapped off from damage occured when the box was picked up and put down several times during transit.
This is strange as the box had a double cardboard 'floor' and the frame was resting on a small block of poystyrene so never even touched the floor when it was put down.
The box was also clearly marked as 'fragile' all around as well.
In my mind the frame can't have been damaged by picking the box up and setting it down, especially not because the frame weighs in less than 20 kg's so the weight on top of the mount is that big.
So my guess is that the box has been thrown around or suffered some sort of impact inspite of the clear 'fragile' marking.

Now user B requests me to refund him 50 quid so he can have the frame repaired..he asked this via PM and at the same time via paypal.

Too be honest I don't feel like paying him for the following reasons:

1. The frame was sent off in mint condition and was packed well and clearly marked as 'fragile' so I took care of my side of things

2. The shipping company is responsible for damaging it (or atleast, I'm not)

3. He already got the frame dirtcheap, especially since shipping was included so it annoys me I have to be even more out of pocket for someone that goes straight through to paypal before talking to me

First time I've ever had something like this so opinions please!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tell him to fuck off. You have your money he has his frame so just tell him to Michael Jackson.

You could be a bit more diplomatic and say something like:

Listen up you lanky clog wearing stoned smack rat, the frame was in mint condition when I sent it so you can fuck off and your not getting another penny off. If you need it repairing try cutting down on the Heineken and Skunk for a week and that will more than cover it. Now fuck off and get back to pimping your sister and mam.

Kind Regards

Steph Tell
Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be fair, if you weren't happy with reducing the price of it in the first place, you shouldn't of done so. Could of always said no.

If he can prove that it is damaged then take the hit - but does it really cost £50 to weld a hanger on? - and then claim it back from the couriers as it was damaged in transit. If they can't prove it's damaged then there lifting your leg and deserve to be told to do one.

It's a pain in the arse when things like this happen and a horrible position to be in as well but quite easily solved ...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell buyer your putting claim in with shipping firm. and takeit from there. to many arseholes trying it on these days
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Acidburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he knows if he keeps on you will refund as you've already dropped £50 off the price.

sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one, next will be the paypal claim you watch.

if it was me i'd just say, send it back straight away i'll refund you. I know if its mine your sending back as I mark all my items and if its not the correct one your sending back you won't be getting a refund etc. He needs it more than you do and will back down.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
davidfox280585

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Acidburn
he knows if he keeps on you will refund as you've already dropped £50 off the price.

sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one, next will be the paypal claim you watch.

if it was me i'd just say, send it back straight away i'll refund you. I know if its mine your sending back as I mark all my items and if its not the correct one your sending back you won't be getting a refund etc. He needs it more than you do and will back down.
this
when i sell anything of value its bank transfer or cash on collection due to scammers putting claims in