General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What clutch cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Cossiemainful
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What clutch cable

Hi, know there are a few thrads already but need to know. the helix paddle clutch on my new cossie is like on and off, the biting point is agressive, very annoying for a daily driver etc. What clutch combination is the best if you have cable actuation? Someday I will make the hydraulic conversion but for now I need a good driveable clutch for cable actuation. If possbile with drivability like or near the standard clutch. Any recommendations? Thanks.

EDIT: how is the drivability of an AP Racing CP2000-10 clutch kit with cable? Is the pressure plate OK or do I should use the standard ford plate? Would nice if someone has experience with this kit on CABLE clutch and a comparison with standard clutch feeling..... not that the garage had to do it twice. Thats why I ask. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Cossiemainful; 08-06-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:12 AM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My clutch was like that and snapped cables so I ordered a new genuine ford one from ford (£53) and its better than before a bit lighter too and I can pull away a bit better with out looking like a dick bouncing around lol
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Cossiemainful
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie891
My clutch was like that and snapped cables so I ordered a new genuine ford one from ford (£53) and its better than before a bit lighter too and I can pull away a bit better with out looking like a dick bouncing around lol
thx m8. Have you used the standard pressure plate or the complete standard kit like LUK, SACHS etc.?
I have around 380 bhp. I dunno if the standard clutch will take this level? The helix has a nice pressure but as I said this on / off thing dims the fun on cable actuation.

I'm considering the organic AP Racing CP2000-10 complete kit. Not sure if I should use the standard pressure plate instead or the kit as it is.....? Heard that the kit is lighter than the standard clutch kit.

no problems with my cables yet, have the first cable over 20 years without probs...... but most with standard clutches. with the uprated ones it is a matter of time I guess.

Last edited by Cossiemainful; 08-06-2013 at 07:28 AM.