General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

sapphire cossy white dials ?????

Search this Thread

Old 13-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sapphire cossy white dials ?????

a mate has fitted white dials to his car. he just took the needles off put the white ones on and put the needles back where they were when he took them off. however now the fuel gauge and the temp gauge are both pointing right at the top [ off the scale ]. what has he done wrong apart from fitting white dials in the first place.
Old 13-03-2005, 03:36 PM
AdsCapri2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

not sure, then why did i reply what a waste of time
Old 13-03-2005, 03:51 PM
c6sah
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

what i did when i did mine was to take the fuel and temp needles off, i then filled the tank right up and turned the ignition on. leave for a minute then place the needle on carefully, making sure its s right on the red/full line. as far as the temp needle goes i made a note of where it sat when it was cold and replaced it as was, its normally way below the markers, alternatively warm the car up to norm op temp, say ten fifteen minutes then place it in the middle/normal position. hope this helps, they are really fiddley took me a coupple of goes.
Old 13-03-2005, 04:10 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

The solution is to slap him and explain the error of his ways, then point him towards Ford for a new set of clock.
Old 13-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by c6sah
what i did when i did mine was to take the fuel and temp needles off, i then filled the tank right up and turned the ignition on. leave for a minute then place the needle on carefully, making sure its s right on the red/full line. as far as the temp needle goes i made a note of where it sat when it was cold and replaced it as was, its normally way below the markers, alternatively warm the car up to norm op temp, say ten fifteen minutes then place it in the middle/normal position. hope this helps, they are really fiddley took me a coupple of goes.

i thought this would be the way to do it but wasnt sure thanks.