General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Saph Cossie T boned last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Saph Cossie T boned last night!!

Last night was meeting a mate in Thurrock services (Lakeside), and as i pulled out of a space got hit from the side by a taxi driver. He wont admit liabilty said i was driving recklessly, yet I was pulling out of a space doing no more than 10mph in a 10mph limit and get hit too the rear of my car(the whole front end passing him) at 30+mph and he didnt brake. I called police then he calls taxi collegues who turn up and start pretending they saw it! What a joke even police was on there side! Ill have last laugh there was 2 witness's plus my passenger and what they dont realise is I went and aquired the car park CCTV! PRICKS why cant they just accept he was in wrong.

DAMAGE TO MY CAR- Require new driver side rear door and rear arch and have whole rear quarter sprayed!

too make things worse insurance say it could take months and I'm not going through my insurance to fix so my cousin is doing it all next week for me for cheap (as its family) out of my own pocket, then when it all gets sorted i can claim back also i have bad neck ache(could be whiplash could not)from accident but I AM NOT claiming on this as I do not need MINE and EVERYONE elses insurance going up!

Wes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe i wrong but surely if YOU were pulling out it was your fault? should off made sure it was clear?
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you get his taxi nimber?

this could be very usefull to you in the future.....
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

photos
Attached Thumbnails Saph Cossie T boned last night!!-img_0048.jpg   Saph Cossie T boned last night!!-img_0049.jpg  

Last edited by doga-ot; 04-01-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saph4be
maybe i wrong but surely if YOU were pulling out it was your fault? should off made sure it was clear?
That's what I was thinking
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by saph4be
sorry mate but I have to agree if you was pulling out then its your fault
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
maxest
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You pulled out I would say your fault

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

I looked to my right nothing was there pulled out was completly out then bang he hits rear of my car even police said for damage he was doing over 20 in a 10 but because its a private car par they cannot do anything and as they didnt see it they cannot get involved
Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You pulled out,your fault simple as.
If he'd been doing 30 and hit that it would be bent beyond recognition fella as they really don't stand up well to a crash.
Also carpark being private land I'm amazed the filth bothered to come out plus getting CCTV won't be easy.
Sorry to sound doom and gloom but I've worked in the accident trade and have some experience in this field.
Fix out of your own pocket and expect to get a claim from his insurers.
Also filth cannot apportion any sort of blame from a crash and are only there to take details.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

expplain this then, he didnt even brake to avoid me plus also the whole front of my car passed him he hit rear(plenty of time to stop) he said i was speeding yet no skid marks and my car stopped dead where he hit me (because i was doin no more than 10) then he calls work collegues to come be fake witness's
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by vaughant
You pulled out,your fault simple as.
If he'd been doing 30 and hit that it would be bent beyond recognition fella as they really don't stand up well to a crash.
Also carpark being private land I'm amazed the filth bothered to come out plus getting CCTV won't be easy.
Sorry to sound doom and gloom but I've worked in the accident trade and have some experience in this field.
Fix out of your own pocket and expect to get a claim from his insurers.
Also filth cannot apportion any sort of blame from a crash and are only there to take details.
I said before they wouldnt get involved as they didnt see,I have already aquired cctv on disk my solicitor picked it up this morning(proof his witness's are fake and proof he deliberat;y drove into me) it was also (pm car park vertually empty
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by doga-ot
expplain this then, he didnt even brake to avoid me plus also the whole front of my car passed him he hit rear(plenty of time to stop) he said i was speeding yet no skid marks and my car stopped dead where he hit me (because i was doin no more than 10) then he calls work collegues to come be fake witness's
I would love someone to pull out in front of my galaxy its getting a bit tired now I would have spun you right round
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I said before they wouldnt get involved as they didnt see,I have already aquired cctv on disk my solicitor picked it up this morning(proof his witness's are fake and proof he deliberat;y drove into me) it was also (pm car park vertually empty

Aye sorry fella I could see you'd replied as I typed it!!!
Looks like your on the case so hopefully a compromise can be achieved.
You do have a point actually regarding him seeing you pulling out,we did a Clio for a girl who got hit by a van as she pulled out but it was argued that although she was wrong as pulling into a main road it was obvious that the driver could have stopped,beeped his horn etc and avoided the crash hence it went 50/50 in the end.
The guy was in a big Renault master and her in a Clio and he jumped out grabbing his neck etc,was just before Xmas so clearly trying the old sick for Xmas routine.
Keep us posted how it goes.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by cossiejay
I would love someone to pull out in front of my galaxy its getting a bit tired now I would have spun you right round
But I didnt pull out on him, there was 3/4 side on car spaces from me to the turning he turned in to. he turned the corner as i was almost out of the space so he deliberatly sped up and drove into me! Even the coppers said sounded like he was trying it cos he was like i'm gonna lose over a week of work and other stuff the copper basically told him to stop talking shit his car only had marks on his bumper and a smached number plate (his car skoda octavia)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by vaughant
Aye sorry fella I could see you'd replied as I typed it!!!
Looks like your on the case so hopefully a compromise can be achieved.
You do have a point actually regarding him seeing you pulling out,we did a Clio for a girl who got hit by a van as she pulled out but it was argued that although she was wrong as pulling into a main road it was obvious that the driver could have stopped,beeped his horn etc and avoided the crash hence it went 50/50 in the end.
The guy was in a big Renault master and her in a Clio and he jumped out grabbing his neck etc,was just before Xmas so clearly trying the old sick for Xmas routine.
Keep us posted how it goes.
Also fella it was a car park so you'd expect cars to be pulling in/out of spaces and it was 9pm at night dark/wet conditions
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

We need to hear to both sides of the story..because pulling out and getting hit isn't a clear winner to start with .. More than likely you be to blame or with a stroke of luck 50/50... Insurance companies are cunts so be ready to have ya pants pulled down mate .
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

I know what your saying but 110% he was not there as i pulled out i was in no rush hence 10 mph or under! if it goes against me he will get it i wont leave it cos he started bullshitting and calling up false witness's
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
V6 Ste
Part of the Furniture

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought on a car park insurance went knock for knock. Happened to the Ex wife a few years ago.Pulled out a parking spot and bloke ran in her,clearly her fault and it went knock for knock. Pity it was only a car that hit her and not a wagon
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by V6 Ste
I always thought on a car park insurance went knock for knock. Happened to the Ex wife a few years ago.Pulled out a parking spot and bloke ran in her,clearly her fault and it went knock for knock. Pity it was only a car that hit her and not a wagon
Whats knock for knock? sorry not thick but only accident i ever had was 4 months ago some one reversed into me when i was parked (entirly there fault all sorted)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
V6 Ste
Part of the Furniture

Whats knock for knock? sorry not thick but only accident i ever had was 4 months ago some one reversed into me when i was parked (entirly there fault all sorted)
Basicaly you both pay for your own damage. Prob not what you want to hear ,sorry mate.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM
rhinopower
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I dont get it, you pulled out in front of him

YOU were in a parking space, HE was driving along the road. It doesn't matter that its in a car park.

If you moved at 20mph from the hard shoulder of a motorway back on to the carrigeway and someone hit you up the arse doing 70mph its your fault in just the same way.

Last edited by rhinopower; 04-01-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Rsmat
300+

I know what your saying but 110% he was not there as i pulled out i was in no rush hence 10 mph or under! if it goes against me he will get it i wont leave it cos he started bullshitting and calling up false witness's

Most people quote when they pull out and get hit is " it wasn't there"... It cuts no shit with the insurance companies I'm afraid mate .
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by V6 Ste
Basicaly you both pay for your own damage. Prob not what you want to hear ,sorry mate.
Thats better than nothing my cousin is only charging me Ł300!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rsmat
Most people quote when they pull out and get hit is " it wasn't there"... It cuts no shit with the insurance companies I'm afraid mate .
My passenger even said he wasnt there when i was pulling out and the witness's said as i pulled out 5ft he then turned into the lane but quickly
Old 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the cctv has it captured surely they will be seeing a taxi hit you from behind meaning its their fault. Youd already pulled out surely then he is behind you like any other scenairio on the highway. Sounds like he wasnt concentrating what was ahead . Or he deliberately rammed you . 2p.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by opposite lock
If the cctv has it captured surely they will be seeing a taxi hit you from behind meaning its their fault. Youd already pulled out surely then he is behind you like any other scenairio on the highway. Sounds like he wasnt concentrating what was ahead . Or he deliberately rammed you . 2p.

He's hit him in the side door and rear quarter from what I gather ... So to me that means he was already pulling out into the line of the collision... Otherwise it would have been a arse ender.... Anyone else getting the same impression from above ?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:29 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rsmat
He's hit him in the side door and rear quarter from what I gather ... So to me that means he was already pulling out into the line of the collision... Otherwise it would have been a arse ender.... Anyone else getting the same impression from above ?
But even the police said seems funny how i just pulled out on him yet the whole front end of my car cleared past the front of his till he hit rear side of mine he was clearly doing 20 or more and the turning was about 10m away max!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Rsmat
300+

But even the police said seems funny how i just pulled out on him yet the whole front end of my car cleared past the front of his till he hit rear side of mine he was clearly doing 20 or more and the turning was about 10m away max!

You've pulled out and he was speeding...still you've pulled out mate nothing more nothing less from the information I'm getting from reading this.. Get the video banged up lets look at it mate.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Taxi drivers are total tossers. Friend of mine was hit by a taxi and the same thing happened there with the driver calling another taxi who then turned up and claimed to have seen the accident. Fortunately the taxis passengers backed my friend up and the police were pretty good about it.

Unfortunately from your description it does sound like you would be technically at fault. Speed is not a factor in collision blame. Would love you to go ahead and win but I fear you're off to start a losing battle.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

What know bodys getting i never pulled out on him he turned into the lane when i was half way out of space so he wasnt driving down the isle and i pulled out. I havent got the cctv my insurance solicitor has it im not allowed it for legal reasons apparently
Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Basically you need to meet this taxi driver dowen a dark alleyway with a baseball bat.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by gjh
Basically you need to meet this taxi driver dowen a dark alleyway with a baseball bat.
If he didnt have passengers at time i would of dropped him there and then!

I have my hurling stick in back of car lol but thats only if theres a few people

Last edited by doga-ot; 04-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
drsrst2zvh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Can you post up worse pics of the damage as the current ones are perfect!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

That doesn't look like a 30mph impact to me? More like 3mph
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM
V6 Ste
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by drsrst2zvh
Can you post up worse pics of the damage as the current ones are perfect!
Looking at the photos not suprised there was an accident, the fog looks really bad
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM
furry
DECODING JIBBA JABBA!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You pulled out from parked ( from a space ) there fore you are to blame I'm afraid to say. Regardless of the 3rd parties speed etc he had right of way I'm afraid to say.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...pseeae5c74.jpg
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1557f364.jpg
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps143d8c4b.jpg
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps58100dab.jpg

Last edited by doga-ot; 04-01-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Rear wheel is also either buckled or rear beam is bent!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Misterk150
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2cfa8c05.jpg

Right a better account of what happened. I was in the yellow box and was moving across into the top yellow box red arrow was direction of taxi as i pulled out of box he WAS NOT even in the lane i was crossing he was about to turn in as i was already half way out of box(so basically across/blocking the lane)

Fully understand where your coming from but the insurance won't care. For example my mate pulled off a yellow line and a car smashed into him, it was a 30mph zone and the bloke left 150ft skid marks and wrote both cars off... The insurances response?? "Doesn't matter how fast mr ***** was traveling, you still pulled out in front of him so your to blame"
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
KregRS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would the taxi driver lie? What's he hiding, hidden agenda?

Quick Reply: Saph Cossie T boned last night!!