General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

where do you think the prices of RS parts are going

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pete and paul are gonna make them all go up in price

you sell higher and we all will follow, bit like estate agents, then ya cant loose as ya commision will be the same but for a higher value

im not against it until i need spares

but then paul your prices are too cheep anyway , maybe thats why there traveling the world for ya parts mate

i know if i needed parts you are the first on my call list
Old 09-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with ebay being a passing trend totally.
at the end of the day the only weapon you have in leaving bad feedback.
and that aint gonna stop people getting ripped off is it.
wait till the vaux is on the road.
You've just gotta keep your cool and not buy in a rush with out doing research.
Aint it funny how when you buy stuff on ebay you pay top dolla, but when your selling they seam to get a bargin. typical
Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Funny, cos most people don't realise exactly how many cossies there are overseas.

I do feel for people like Pete and Paul though, as I know they offer a genuine service, and I know how frustrating to be outdone by bedroom breakers.

Still, I totally understand why people break their cars - 4k complete or 7k in bits?

My brother's saff is for sale, and I reckon I could double the money on it by breaking it, because people wont pay for a high specced car. owever, I just can't be arsed.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Aint it funny how when you buy stuff on ebay you pay top dolla, but when your selling they seam to get a bargin. typical
never payed silly money on ebay , the point of ebay is to get a bargain, when its out the bargin range i look for other parts

the higest price item ive ever bought on ebay for what its worth is a set of 3 door cossie clocks for 45 quid, there worth 80ish but payed 45 plus postage as o wasnt gopnna pay 80 for em and thats the best price i seen em for

just be paitent thats all

hence why my cabrio took 2 years to build, im a tight arse
Old 09-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

My brother's saff is for sale, and I reckon I could double the money on it by breaking it, because people wont pay for a high specced car. owever, I just can't be arsed
thats too good a car to break though !!!!!!, lots of time and nice touchs on that

dont break it and be paitent opr swop for my shed and break mine
Old 09-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

on internet forums you have to be cheecky and offer them less than they are asking...... a lot less.

The worst than can happen is they say no, and u offer a bit more.
It cracks me up when yo see people who have had stuff advertised for months and wont take any offers on it still. they are determined to get the money they are asking. sometimes it just dont happen. you have to acceot that
Old 09-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i was offered 60 quid for a heated front screen off a mate, i refused to sell it, he offered me 70 a few weeks later i refused, he offerd me 100 quid for it so i went in the garage to get is and droped me bike frame on it and crack the fooker, got nothing for it in the end

theres a moral there somewhere
Old 09-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

your one of them people what just dont give up aint u al.
one of them people who dont wanna pay for stuff but expects millions for a roll of second hand toilet paper. ha ha

will im off for lunch now.
c u 2nite
Old 09-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

b19bal
Thanks for the kind words
You are right tho with your estate agents theory ,, its exactly the same ,, we arnt after more proffit , just the same ,, but as we are paying more so must the customer if WE are to stay in busness ,,so get ya money out and spend spend spend ,,lol
Old 09-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Like most things Supply is starting to dry up so the prices are going up. There are still cheap shitters out there but they are getting more scarce and as said some of the shitter are so bad there not much u can sell on them

I have been noticing the prices on the wya up slight for a bit of cars too. Good in one hand but bad in another
Old 09-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

one of them people who dont wanna pay for stuff but expects millions for a roll of second hand toilet paper

yeha im deffo that, i always buy things that i can sell for no loss, otherwise why bother

ill buy things cheep then if im poor i can get me money back or if im flush i can sit on em for a bit, thats why i got rs16i spoilers, seats, 4 erst bonnets, 4 bidy kits, 3 90 spec interiors, fook knows what else, also the reason i bought them red dot disks for 10 quid brand new, there in me kitchen cupboard and never been opened

thats also why i got 3 garages full of crap, to someone its gold, to me its shite ive collected
Old 09-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yeah ive noticed the 2wd saphs are oldng there money string now !!!!

the 4x4 saphs seem to be selling more as theres more of em about now

thats the only reason i went for 2wd, cause seemed the better bet for return
Old 09-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

People will stop trusting e/bay soon as more and more people get ripped off by it .FACT , you here about it every day , e/bay is a passing trend ( unless they sort some insurence system on there )
i agree with ebay being a passing trend totally.
I think you're both TOTALLY mistaken, especially if you're talking about eBay in general (not just car parts) the biggest 'threat' to eBay is governments wanting a slice of the pie.....

And eBay rips no one off, people do that, wether they be individuals or traders. One trader springs to mind who I won't name (not posted on this thread yet incidentally!) who seems to misadvertise stuff a hell of a lot (not necessarily on ebay) judging by comments posted on this board, yet they're probably still doing a roaring trade.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:39 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I recall this time last year Tony Mannock was very pessamistic about the future of 2nd hand Sierra parts. In fact he seemed to be implying it will eventually finish off most tuners including himself. Not sure how serious he was being tho.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:58 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ebay is not a passing trend, it is one of the biggest growing business year own year with a 34% growth to $34.2 billion for the US site alone. This is business where, its not fair doesnt cut it. The car breakers/traders are maybe gonna have to rethink business plans to make more turnover in the short term or sustain themselves in the long run.

Also well designed websites now are a must.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:15 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ginger what about the price of spoliers
pumkins awalys done very good prices on spolier
Ł30 for a gen rouse sport rear to me that was a brarign

pete does this mean the window serounds have gone up now
Old 09-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

brom i was talking about the fact spoliers are struggling to sell for 50 quid, i bought my one for 20 quid for me cabrio ( not a rouse, but where is that rouse spoiler brom as i may know a guy whos interested in it )

think breaking cars on a website similer to ebay but jsut for fords would be a good idea, could get others to pay to advertise too for the stock ya dont have
Old 09-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Look at my old saph, melted engine but with a lot of spec on it. I wonder how much a trader would have given me for it? Bugger all no doubt! But a couple of days work and sticking a few things on eBay made me a hell of a lot of money back on the car!

(Wheels, brakes, crank, leather and turbo alone made me over Ł2k!)

Now the market is saturated with parts and I can't even be bothered to list a lot of the small parts I have left as I don't think they will make any money!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:14 PM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i dont see that offering parts cheaply was the reason so many other breakers went out of business,offering a good service will always keep you busy,i would think trying to rip off customers is the quickest way to put yourself out of business,as when the word goes round about you ,everyone buys somewere else,so the ones that are still running are mostly the good ones.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:42 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I'd say that traditional breakers suffer because most people on the net want to buy stuff quickly and easily. When a breaker tells me to phone them I really can't be bothered, I don't care if it's cheaper through them or they are more trust worthy, I am a child of the Internet and want to do everything via buttons. It's like breakers who want you to send them a cheque or cash first, as if your average net user is going to do that when they can just click buy it now on Ebay and enter their PayPal password.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by b19bal
brom i was talking about the fact spoliers are struggling to sell for 50 quid, i bought my one for 20 quid for me cabrio ( not a rouse, but where is that rouse spoiler brom as i may know a guy whos interested in it )

think breaking cars on a website similer to ebay but jsut for fords would be a good idea, could get others to pay to advertise too for the stock ya dont have
your in a world of your own mate i have sold 2 sapphire spoilers this week for Ł80 each they were the right colour the custumers wanted so they saved a fortune in paint work,cheap when you think about it,as I said before mate donr class the price of parts just because you have found a few bits which are cheap
Old 09-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

MWF,,
Nothing personal ,,but its people with that atitude that are fucking this country ,
No wonder people are loosing there jobs every week when people cant be arsed to get of there arse and do anything ,,the net is putting peeps out of work as people like yourself cant be bothered to leave the house , so why have checkout girls when you can buy over the net ,,also electrical outlets are doing the same ,,reduce staff and sell online
Where will we be in 10 years The people who work with computers will be paying so much tax to pay the doal money for all those they made redundant .

Sorry to sound harsh but your atitude stinks IMO
Old 09-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Simply answer really...

Buy new stuff LOL....

MK 2 stuff as of 10 years ago was so hard to find, now it aint.....

re-manufacturing takes place somewhere LOL

NICE sig mwf
Old 09-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
MWF,,
Nothing personal ,,but its people with that atitude that are fucking this country ,
No wonder people are loosing there jobs every week when people cant be arsed to get of there arse and do anything ,,the net is putting peeps out of work as people like yourself cant be bothered to leave the house , so why have checkout girls when you can buy over the net ,,also electrical outlets are doing the same ,,reduce staff and sell online
Where will we be in 10 years The people who work with computers will be paying so much tax to pay the doal money for all those they made redundant .

Sorry to sound harsh but your atitude stinks IMO
I work with the internet everyday Paul, the work I do doesn't put people out of work, it enables them to do their jobs more efficiently, which means better profits for the company, which ultimately translates to better benefits & pay for the employees.

The internet is here to stay (like it or not!), people just have to learn to adapt to it as they have done in the past with other 'industrial revolutions' - not saying it's fair, but it's the way of the world and you can't blame people who work in IT for it.....and incidentally, IT is so fast paced, that IT people are probably more at risk of redundancy than many other professions.....

As for the parts, as per Dingy really - Cosworth parts would have dried up years ago were it not for the loyal userbase and perhaps the use of Cosworth vehicles for so long at most levels of motorsport, ensuring continued demand. Now as parts become obsolete, reman' has to be the way forward - I believe someone has already done something similar to counteract the lack of oil pumps?
Old 09-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I do understand about the new world mate, but its the atitude that i should

1, spend a full day collecting a car from the other side of the country
2, spend 2/3 days stripping the car , getting covered with oil grease etc etc
3, clean check all the parts
4, take piccs of all the parts
5, place adds of every item on e/bay
6, watch items for another day
7, wrap all items
8, fill in paperwork to courier company

just so people loke MWF
can smack a button and pay over the net without getting of there arse to even post a letter pisses me off

Im sorry if its to much to expect you to call for prices etc and then God forbid you even may have to write a cheque for the goods and actually go and post it ,,how rude of me to expect sutch a massive effort from you

I bet you want the parts sent to the garage that will be fitting them for you aswell because who would expect you to get dirty fitting these parts when you can e/mail the garage , get them to collect , fit the parts and return the car to you while you sit at your desk ,,
Doyou also get a mate to drive it for you aswell
Old 09-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

ps
Billabong ,,
this was not a go at people who work with computers it was a dig at the atitude of some who think everyone else who gets there hands dirty should do more to make life for them just a little bit easier ,
But you also must see how computers is changing the world for the good and for the bad, as people are being replaced by the attitude of those who want to sit at a desk all day and dont care that people are loosing there jobs every day because its so easy to buy over the net
Old 09-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Anonymous
Banned

PAUL, MWF is used to Tony's prices so not sure WTF he is even commenting about price
Old 09-03-2005, 08:55 PM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why not take the bus,cut out all the hassle i find if i advertise any parts for sale i get a lot of time wasters ,so now i just reply to wanted adds,at least they want the item and aint in dreamland.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:06 PM
DOO
PassionFord Post Whore!!

been collecting new obsolete cossy/ RST parts for 7 years still not the right time to sale just think how much there worth now and what they would be worth in years to come???

agree parts will go up in vaule / good cond parts.

Got offered a saff cos for Ł1500 10 mot running but was very rough not worth anything has everything was damaged or fooked. could not even see me getting the money back in parts.

The good ones are getting harder to find and going up in price.

the bads ones are getting cheaper but not worth breaking as most parts are now fooked or worn out IMO
Old 09-03-2005, 09:35 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I do understand about the new world mate, but its the atitude that i should

1, spend a full day collecting a car from the other side of the country
2, spend 2/3 days stripping the car , getting covered with oil grease etc etc
3, clean check all the parts
4, take piccs of all the parts
5, place adds of every item on e/bay
6, watch items for another day
7, wrap all items
8, fill in paperwork to courier company

just so people loke MWF
can smack a button and pay over the net without getting of there arse to even post a letter pisses me off

Im sorry if its to much to expect you to call for prices etc and then God forbid you even may have to write a cheque for the goods and actually go and post it ,,how rude of me to expect sutch a massive effort from you

I bet you want the parts sent to the garage that will be fitting them for you aswell because who would expect you to get dirty fitting these parts when you can e/mail the garage , get them to collect , fit the parts and return the car to you while you sit at your desk ,,
Doyou also get a mate to drive it for you aswell
Not sticking up for mfw or anything but he has a point. Can you not see the real business oppurtunity you are missing or extra business you could gain. Imagine if you had an online shop where you listed the amount of stock you had along with pictures of each item and a price next to it.

You give customers the option to buy it then and there on the net saving you time answering the phone, it credits you automatically with payment meaning you dont wait 5 days on the check clearing, you dont run the risk of payment not arriving or getting lost in the post. Your shop is also open 24/7 365 days a year. You can be breaking the cars instead of spending as much time on the phone dealing with dreamers. You have saved time by not having to go to the bank as often to deposit cheques.

Why not give it a go you have nothing to lose, only gains to be had. Also what other breaker for RS Parts offers this service? You would then offer something that they dont.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:35 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you need to think about the long term do you RS brakers think that you will stil be in the RS breaking seen in 10-12 years time ?? Ford are not producing RS cars for you to break so what you going to do ?
Old 09-03-2005, 09:37 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES I aren't saying it's right that people want to hit a button and buy over the net, I'm just saying that's the way it is.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

toyk
And who is going to sit at the computer all day , updating it and dealing with the orders and who will answer all the questions that people ask all day every day ?????

I am not just a breaker mate ,,People call asking advice and ask what is the best parts for there conversion etc etc ,,I work alone mate , i dont have anyone working for me , I collect / strip / clean / check / rack / wrap / send everything myself and deal with the internet deals in my spare time ,,this is why i ask for people to call when i am in the workshop so i can look / advise when i am actually at work

If there was enough money in the pot to employ a good man i would and this would make it possible for sutch an idea ,,
But think of it from my point ,, it takes 2 mins to call me and i can answer any questions about any part in seconds that takes hours e/mailing each other , its time i could do with spending with my missus,I dont sit at the computer all day ( I wish i could )
Old 09-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Mwf
To be honest , i am busy enough not to worry about the lasy gits that dont want to call , If you cant be bothered then why should i ,
Keep buying from e/bay until you get stung ( YOU WILL ) Then maybee you will think that a quick call to a man you can trust isnt sutch a task and worth the few mins to actually talk to somone who will help and support you with your purchase
Not just send the scrap part and then never return your mail when you complain

I do understand the simplisity of the net , but i like to get to now my customers and work up a trusting relationship with them ,
Old 09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Once you get it up an running it dont take much to update, you can get programs that auto update your site for you and ebay and when somebody buys it takes that product off automatically.

Pc world actually sell a software program for ebay that manages your auctions for you, its actually pretty good. All you do is collect the print outs telling you where to post to or advise if they have chose to pay by cheque.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
DOO
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mwf
To be honest , i am busy enough not to worry about the lasy gits that dont want to call , If you cant be bothered then why should i ,
Keep buying from e/bay until you get stung ( YOU WILL ) Then maybee you will think that a quick call to a man you can trust isnt sutch a task and worth the few mins to actually talk to somone who will help and support you with your purchase
Not just send the scrap part and then never return your mail when you complain

I do understand the simplisity of the net , but i like to get to now my customers and work up a trusting relationship with them ,
Paul go for it mate trust me you give peeps good service on ebay and they just keep buying off you it `s not all messers on ebay it`s all about trust and buy the sounds of it your a top guy to deal with.

i would give it a try mate don`t go mad just start with the ODD part etc..
if it goes well then your laughing ŁŁŁ if not just stick with what your doing got to be worth a try
Old 09-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Thanks mate , i know you are only trying to help ,,but sadly this isnt for me ,,I didnt do this to become a computer boffin ,
I love to meet and talk to other rs mad people , this gives me as much pleasure as the money ( if not more ) And i feel it would be a shame to loose this ,
Also what about the other people who dont use computers oftern , they will be calling while i am trying to update my website and collect cars and strip them etc etc
The easy option for me is simply to take calls , As said i can answer any question in seconds and know exactly what a customer needs and give a acurate description of every part . How can i describe the specs of every engine etc on a website without taking hours of my time i just dont have ,
I dont see what the problem is with just simply picking up the phone and calling me ,,why should i have all the hassle when i am busy enough as i am
Thanks for the ideas tho
Old 09-03-2005, 10:13 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

If you cant be bothered then why should i
Well I run my own business and I would have thought that answer was pretty obvious.

But I do sympathise with your position and that of many other traders. If anything the Internet just makes your life a complete ball ache. Like you say you haven't got time to type out a word perfect description of every part you have. And it does suck that bedroom breakers are probably doing this in their bosses time while making money on the side.

Despite your assumptions I don't buy parts of Ebay, just because I said I find it a ballache and can't be arsed to call breakers but I have done it, I have also send cash via post on trust and various other things. There are plenty of people who wont and I was just saying that's the case.

Wether or not people like me are fucking this country I don't know. I work in the Internet industry for some pretty major companies that employ thousands. All from one computer in one room, if you think the same can be done on 2min phone calls and trust then it is you that's living in the dreamworld.

Like I say, I sympathise with your position. But as a businessman to a business man all I can say that telling your potential customers they are the ones in the wrong aint gonna fix the situation.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:14 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ebay used to be the best place to sell Cossie stuff as you would get top dollar for everything! I think i was the 1st trader off here that started to use it a couple of years ago but others have started using it now. Back then there were a max of 10 pages off cossie stuff on there but now word has got around on sites such as PF there are upwards of 30 pages and this has had an affect on what stuff fetches! I still use it from time to time and have never been knocked on there by a customer! You just have to spend a little time daily monitoring all your auctions and weeding out the idiots.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

MWF
I understand what you do and that the world in many ways is a better place for it ( credit to you ) All i am saying is it aint for me , I work very hard to please all my customers and get pissed off when i get a e/mail saking for a part price , i return the message only to get another asking ,what condition is it in ,,I reply , only to get another asking , what colour is it ,,I reply , and so on , why not just pick up the phone and i can tell you everything , think about ti ,,this is my time , do you work at this time of night after working all day ?? people think i do

Anyway talk about getting off topic ,,so what about these parts prices lol ,,

Quick Reply: where do you think the prices of RS parts are going