General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford focus pcv hose replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Carlito3
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford focus pcv hose replacement

I have a rip in a hose, that I believe to be the PCV hose of my MK1 Ford Focus.

The hose is behind theintake manifold (?) and is part of a T-shaped hose arrangement that goes down in to the engine. There appears to be a metal junction at the cross that connects all three pieces of hose making up the T together.

As I only have a rip in the upper left hand part of the T (hope that makes sense?) can anyone tell me if I can just buy that piece of hose and replace or do I have to buy the whole arrangement and replace (which looks a far trickier job than just replacing the piece of hose that's split). Also, what do I ask for when I go to the dealer/look on Ebay?

Can I just buy something like this (making sure I get the right size diameter of course)?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-SILIC...5e838ce&_uhb=1

Finally, my car has a very fast idle. I am presuming this hose is part of the vacuum system and could be the cause of this fast idle, does that sound right?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by Carlito3; 11-11-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

air leak will cause a fast idle, iirc I used to see this a lot on the early mondeos