General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Wheeler Dealers tonight at 9

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Tarren
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coswurv
Makes me laugh oh the car just happened to have adjustable arms etc already fitted, then everything underneath was rusty except those and the shiny bolts holding them on lol

+ 1

That made me laugh too! How lucky were they to have adjustable arms LOL!!

Tarren
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
mgtkr1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Micky
And the "upgraded" intercooler that c0ckboy mike kept describing as massive was smaller than the intercooler on my CVH!!
same here. wonder what the power difference was before/after? as a side note, my mate had r33 GTR and it was a weapon. modest at 420hp but an awesome car for the money. i also like the way edd never swears nor suffers skinned knuckles ect. the adjustable arms looked suspiciously new
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a bit like the tvr they did, at the beginning he's looking for a leak and doing a visual inspection, brakes are rotten and old, fixes the rad and then looks for vagueness in the steering and finds out its a track rod end, next he takes the wheel off and low and behold there's new discs and callipers, nothing about it in the budget at the end etc lol
Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Edd is a decent mechanic, Mike Brewer knows a little bit about cars/mechanics but then he doesn't pretend to know he does, hence he has his role and Edd his, I don't personally see what peoples problem is with him.

If you want to see a bad show, watch "Classic Car Rescue" on channel 5!

Martin
Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by coswurv
It was a bit like the tvr they did, at the beginning he's looking for a leak and doing a visual inspection, brakes are rotten and old, fixes the rad and then looks for vagueness in the steering and finds out its a track rod end, next he takes the wheel off and low and behold there's new discs and callipers, nothing about it in the budget at the end etc lol
I dont think ive seen that one.I will have to keep an eye out for it.
Old 22-10-2012, 07:58 PM
CraigJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by martysmartie

If you want to see a bad show, watch "Classic Car Rescue" on channel 5!

Martin
Watching that now. What a fucking load of shit. Whats with all the shit acting. Just fix the fucking car already.

That fat bald cunt just needs a slap. "its got some rust on it" Its from 1954, what the fuck do you expect?

Its annoying as the cars seem to look good when finished, just a shame they try to make it a drama show (american chopper style) than actually showing the work being put into the cars.
Old 22-10-2012, 08:03 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you notice they bought the skyline from same place as the scooby on strippers cars for cash!
Old 22-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

strippers cars for cash has hit the level the even wheeler dealer struggled to get to ! its that fuckin shiti cant even watch the opening credits
Old 22-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Moonstone Mart

Originally Posted by CraigJ
Watching that now. What a fucking load of shit. Whats with all the shit acting. Just fix the fucking car already.

That fat bald cunt just needs a slap. "its got some rust on it" Its from 1954, what the fuck do you expect?

Its annoying as the cars seem to look good when finished, just a shame they try to make it a drama show (american chopper style) than actually showing the work being put into the cars.
Classic car rescue pissed me off when he 'accidentally' dropped the mustang windshield. Strange how the one he dropped was a completely different size and shape to the mustang one too - they could have at least made an effort and broke the original one. Also when they went to the breakers yard to cheesewire another screen out - you could blatantly see the screen was already loose as they were removing it and when they got it out the windscreen channel was spotless. Knobs.

Mart.
Old 22-10-2012, 09:14 PM
mk1turboestate
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonstone Mart
Classic car rescue pissed me off when he 'accidentally' dropped the mustang windshield. Strange how the one he dropped was a completely different size and shape to the mustang one too - they could have at least made an effort and broke the original one. Also when they went to the breakers yard to cheesewire another screen out - you could blatantly see the screen was already loose as they were removing it and when they got it out the windscreen channel was spotless. Knobs.

Mart.

couldnt agree more, im sure i noticed a blue sunstrip on the one that broke?
Old 22-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Moonstone Mart

Originally Posted by mk1turboestate
couldnt agree more, im sure i noticed a blue sunstrip on the one that broke?
Yep, it also had a thick black surround on it and the fact it was about a foot shorter and a lot talker than the mustang one was a little giveaway. I wish there was a good car programme that actually went into the building etc without the false drama. A ........ Is born was pretty good I thought.

Mart.
Old 22-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Lowson

Originally Posted by saph4be
did you notice they bought the skyline from same place as the scooby on strippers cars for cash!
I noticed this except the other way round.

"Wheeler Dealers" is brilliant and seems to get better as time goes on in my opinion. Have watched one "Strippers" and it is total bollocks with the terrible acting but hey..., it's about cars, i'll watch it haha
Old 23-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The skyline was pants and the guy who bought it? like fuck he bought it looked set up to me, he could have weighed half of the crew in