General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Best Car Warranty....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Car Warranty....

Has anyone purchased a car warranty? If so who did you use, or can anyone recommend a decent one?

I was looking at Warranty Wise who is endorsed by Quentin Wilson.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
ST Racer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I had gold cover with the AA which included full warranty cover, no matter what broke on the car I only had to pay the first £25 and they did the rest, only used it once when my central locking was playing up, every door locked apart from the drivers side rear, they sent someone out and he fixed it, my breakdown cover and warranty cost me £70pm.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ST Racer
I had gold cover with the AA which included full warranty cover, no matter what broke on the car I only had to pay the first £25 and they did the rest, only used it once when my central locking was playing up, every door locked apart from the drivers side rear, they sent someone out and he fixed it, my breakdown cover and warranty cost me £70pm.
Per month??
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
ST Racer

Yeah but that covered me and the wife's car for breakdown, warranty and courtesy car.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
turbolee

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i had the aa one my head gasket went and they would not pay out sent a independent inspector out who looked at the head and gasket made a excuse about discoloring on head saying gasket must have been blown along time so couldnt claim when i challenged the aa about there decision they said prove it not been blown along time how can you prove it so had to pay for it my self warranty cover is one big con
Old 11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
daz1968
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would never have an independant warranty again, only manufacturers, I got conned with a gold warranty and found out whatever I had issues with they classed as wear and tear and refused to pay out, would rather spend the money on a good pre sale inspection now as you have more leverage to get work done when you havent yet agreed the sale. Never had any issues with Ford or Subaru with warranty work though when buying from main dealer.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

after many years dealing with warranty companys i can honestly say they are not worth the paper they are written on, i even got told by a particularly honest member of staff on the phone at one place that they have quotas to fill and just decide themselves wether they will pay out or not depending on the days figures he said it was basically a lottery as to who would get paid out!